Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Filbert_Ross

Kasabian

28 minutes ago, Wet Trump said:

It does highlight just how much of a weasel Stringer is though, which is good enough for me. Clearly knows f**k all about his mate Tom.

He knew just as much on what had gone off as I did, in fact probably less :nigel:

That's the biggest thing from this, someone he claims he knew well, and he didn't know this absolute huge thing going on. 

54 minutes ago, Wet Trump said:

It does highlight just how much of a weasel Stringer is though, which is good enough for me. Clearly knows f**k all about his mate Tom.

He knew just as much on what had gone off as I did, in fact probably less :nigel:

In fairness though, your best friend could be doing it and you not know. That's the scary reality of abuse. Mentally and physically. 

22 hours ago, Ian Nacho said:

What was up with him? Just pissed?

Pretty much. Could barely stand. Fair enough he’s at the footy enjoying it but didn’t look like he was particularly with anyone. Whole thing just felt a bit awkward. 

6 hours ago, Wymsey said:

Am sure/convinced a member of this website forum, 'IanS' is actually Stringer himself.. (don't want to @ him, in case it is indeed him and he potentially wants to get attention on this thread if he's notified about being mentioned on this thread.

As heard him in the past say he lives in Burbage, and this member's profile mentions Burbage, and also his posts on here seem similar style to what Stringer would say himself irl.

Not wishing to take anything away from the magnitude of the thread but he certainly doesn't live in Burbage, he lives in Coalville :ph34r:

Edited by FoxFromCoalville

Everybody was going on about mental health when Kasabian put the statement out yesterday.

Stringer was probably referring to that. "He's okay". I hardly think he knew Tom had done this.

It’s a classic “look at me, I know Tom Meighan, he’s a mate” from Stringer followed by a swift withdrawal when it becomes clear he knows no more than the rest of us.

Shocking revelations in court though. Indefensible stuff and, as sound as he has always appeared, this puts a huge label on him that he’ll never shake unfortunately for him. 

• Like 4

51 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Not in anyway playing down what hes done.

Hung a man right out to dry there.

Damage limitation at its best.

Sour grapes because SLP sank like the titanic? Serge wanting tom out for a while and tom has gave him his perfect excuse.

Tom you silly boy.

2 minutes ago, WilfND said:

Sour grapes because SLP sank like the titanic? Serge wanting tom out for a while and tom has gave him his perfect excuse.

Tom you silly boy.

Why would Serge want Tom out?

Do you realise how much money they're going to miss out on from future earnings? It's ruined them all.

You'd find hard to be mates with a person after 1. They've done what he did 2. Ruined your future as well his 

Edited by Stevosevic
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, WilfND said:

Tom you silly boy.

Why would serge have sour grapes? It's his band, he is the brain behind Kasabian. 

SLP sank like the titanic? Not really though has it..... 

Tom obviously has issues and they had no choice at all to get rid. 

4 hours ago, WilfND said:

Tom you silly boy.

I dont think the statement is that at all.

Kasabian could have hung him out to dry at any point after finding out. They left it until the day before his case and still left the ball in his court to inform the fans what was going on.

To their dismay, he then tweets thats hes in a good place with no information on what's going on. Gaining even more sympathy from a fanbase who think he's been kicked out for being in a bad way.

Now Kasabian have had to come out and make their stance clear and show they have a zero tolerance to domestic abuse - after taking some heavy critcism for using quite light language in the original statement.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Huge numbers of people absolutely slating the band for their initial statement, you wonder if those same people will take back their comments given the full picture being released. Tom really did put them in a bad place with his statement. 

Edited by UniFox21
  • Like 3

37 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

My prediction of a reunion in 3 or 4 years might already be wrong thenlol

Wait until the next album is due... he'll be back. Too much cash involved for him not to be, not like Serge's project was up to much. 

10 minutes ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

Appreciate I'm in the minority but I thought Serge's album was more interesting than anything Kasabian have done for about 15 years

Some decent tracks on there tbf mate but just fell short of being a decent record for me. It’s good that he has this to fall back on though. 

• Like 1