Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Filbert_Ross

Kasabian

I don't think there will be a reunion - For one, Tom is going to have that tag for life now and the rest of the lads have already taken so much stick. It sounds like Friendships may have ended here too.

I suspect there will be some sort of supergroup formation at some point, maybe the Kasabian Boys, a few others, LG etc that will put some stuff out/do a bit of touring. Might be quite decent.

6 minutes ago, SecretPro said:

I don't think there will be a reunion - For one, Tom is going to have that tag for life now and the rest of the lads have already taken so much stick. It sounds like Friendships may have ended here too.

I suspect there will be some sort of supergroup formation at some point, maybe the Kasabian Boys, a few others, LG etc that will put some stuff out/do a bit of touring. Might be quite decent.

Was wondering what odds I'd get on Liam Gallagher to join Kasabian. Think they've had a few digs at each other in recent years though.

4 hours ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

Appreciate I'm in the minority but I thought Serge's album was more interesting than anything Kasabian have done for about 15 years

Style over substance for me.

Wanted to make it as non-kasabian as possible but just wasnt enough in it to make it a good record. 

3 hours ago, Voll Blau said:

Was wondering what odds I'd get on Liam Gallagher to join Kasabian. Think they've had a few digs at each other in recent years though.

Liam does headline gigs of 60k on his own. Only band big enough for him is the one he was in.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bellend Sebastian said:

I doubt the Kasabian name will continue. Two original members left one of whom is the songwriter who's as high profile (if not higher) than the front man?

No need

I think Serge writing all the songs, looking more of a rockstar and having alot of the focus in the past few years was always a strange situation for the band dynamic. 

There was nothing on their social media when Tom did the Imagine cover for Radio X either. Im guessing they've all known for a while and distanced themselves from Tom. Which makes his recent quotes on the Q and A even stranger.

1 hour ago, Bellend Sebastian said:

I doubt the Kasabian name will continue. Two original members left one of whom is the songwriter who's as high profile (if not higher) than the front man?

No need

Feel weird about a band replacing the lead singer and continuing under the same name, as their entire sound changes 

6 hours ago, Voll Blau said:

You can’t sack your lead singer for domestic violence offences then recruit somebody who has been caught pushing his girlfriend around 🤣.

I think the way forward is 4/5 songs with guest singers, then serge to do the rest. A reunion will be possible in time but Tom has to prove that he is a reformed character over a length of time. 

9 hours ago, Stadt said:

Wonder if Karloff will get involved again? I don't know why he left in the first place but maybe him, Serge, Matthews and a new lead will form a different group.

Him and Serge fell out massively when he left but Tom and him did talk for a while after.

Not sure on current relationships, but pratty wrote the first album and it’s a completely different sound to what we are used to from them now.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Strokes said:

Him and Serge fell out massively when he left but Tom and him did talk for a while after.

Not sure on current relationships, but pratty wrote the first album and it’s a completely different sound to what we are used to from them now.

Not sure if he's still New York-based? As you point out, the creative differences (and therefore the beef) would surely have been with Serge anyway?

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/whats-on/music-nightlife/big-interview-no-regrets-kasabian-185868

5 minutes ago, Voll Blau said:

Not sure if he's still New York-based? As you point out, the creative differences (and therefore the beef) would surely have been with Serge anyway?

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/whats-on/music-nightlife/big-interview-no-regrets-kasabian-185868

I’ve not really seen or heard much from him for about 8 years, last I did he was still in New York and writing for Jet.

I'm sorry but **** him for throwing the ADHD in. 

ADHD doesn't make you beat your partner, even being drunk doesn't make you beat your partner, I've never been an angry drunk in my life. 

Being a **** makes you beat your partner. 

I don't doubt he's struggled with substance abuse and his mental health, I don't doubt it's probably hard work at times living with what goes on in his head. But being ill isn't now and never has excused someone from being a dick, the two aren't mutually exclusive. You can be ill and still be a nob. 

• Like 4

The punishment given for his actions, 200 hours of unpaid community service, is too lenient for this type of incident imo.

It wouldn't, at all, deter people from doing such horrible acts.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Finnegan said:

ADHD doesn't make you beat your partner, even being drunk doesn't make you beat your partner, I've never been an angry drunk in my life. 

I don't doubt he's struggled with substance abuse and his mental health, I don't doubt it's probably hard work at times living with what goes on in his head. But being ill isn't now and never has excused someone from being a dick, the two aren't mutually exclusive. You can be ill and still be a nob. 

Ultimately I think it is very difficult for any villain in instances like this to try and explain their actions. They are indefensible even if that person and the people around them simply have to try and get rehabilitation and understand what may have caused the build up to this. The public want to hear from him but at the same time don't want to read any context which sounds like excuses and all me, me, me. It probably would have been sufficient to just say " I take full responsibility for my actions, I am sickened and disgusted and ashamed and it will haunt me for the rest of my life. I wholeheartedly apologise etc and will not be trying to offer any mitigating circumstances as there really aren't any excuses for what I have done. Only time and rehabilitation may I try and go some way to trying to rebuild my life and show that I can change etc "

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Finnegan said:

I agree. And yet the woman involved wants to get back with him. Quite unbelievable really.