Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jonthefox

The "do they mean us?" thread

1 hour ago, Colourmy said:

I don't think the greater football fraternity have the great love- in for JV as many on here. They see him for what he is and for the most part, a 30m value is being generous I feel!

lol Out of interest, who would you replace him with for £30m?

I don't think the greater football fraternity have the great love- in for JV as many on here. They see him for what he is and for the most part, a 30m value is being generous I feel!

If 30m is generous how much would you accept if you were the owners?

Seriously he's a 15-20 goal a season man, runs his arse off causes back fours all sorts of issues. He's worth every penny of 60 million and more. Oh and he's English. I'm getting fed up with journalists and the media generally undervaluing our players just because we're Leicester. If Vardy was with Chelsea they wouldn't be talking 30m more like 70m.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Colourmy said:

Did he shag your wife or something? He's integral to us as a side, that in the last 18 months alone we've spent 70-80m on strikers, none of whom can oust him. No way would we accept 30m for him

10 hours ago, Steven said:

A nice juxtaposition with Gascoigne, a man convicted of threatening or abusive words or behaviour where the judge and guilty of insidious racism, and a minutes applause for a man truly dignified in the face such behaviour.

I know who I would have preferred to meet.

The pompous post of the year goes to...

lol Pot kettle!

You've certainly endeared yourself to people on here since you joined 3 weeks ago @Colourmy:whistle:

Edited by Blue Fox 72
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Colourmy said:

Is there anything or anyone at the club you actually like?

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Colourmy said:

The greater football fraternity?!?!?!

I'll have you know that there is no greater football fraternity than us.

Leicester fans. The GREATEST football fraternity there is, was, and ever will be.

What the **** do the rest of em know.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, Blue Fox 72 said:

lol Pot kettle!

You've certainly endeared yourself to people on here since you joined 3 weeks ago @Colourmy:whistle:

I don't participate in a forum to gain friendship or likes. Equally, if id put something guff on denouncing one footballer over another and finishing with something like I know whom I'd prefer to meet, like the opportunity was likely, I'd expect dog's abuse in all honesty!

10 hours ago, foxfanazer said:

Is there anything or anyone at the club you actually like?

Plenty of things. Because I don't consider JV a 600 million striker and have questioned his ability to continue as first choice every game, doesn't make me the devil surely? 

14 hours ago, Raw Dykes said:

lol Out of interest, who would you replace him with for £30m?

We don't need to replace him. We have ample at our disposal if we were just prepared to persevere.

I see as much in KI as I do in JV, he might not play the same way but then that is down to the management to get him to try or change our game to accommodate someone other than JV.

The fact is, no-one would spend more than 30 million on a sprinter in his 30's and the guys on Talksport were right in their assessment. 

Edit: And I wager that if both had ten equal chances in a game, KI would finish at least 5. JV two at best.

Edited by Colourmy

7 minutes ago, Colourmy said:

We don't need to replace him. We have ample at our disposal if we were just prepared to persevere.

I see as much in KI as I do in JV, he might not play the same way but then that is down to the management to get him to try or change our game to accommodate someone other than JV.

The fact is, no-one would spend more than 30 million on a sprinter in his 30's and the guys on Talksport were right in their assessment. 

I would quit while I'm losing if I were you...

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, mazarron fox said:

You seem a bit of a reactionist troll to me mate. Havnt you got anything better to do this Monday morning?

I've been called a lot worse in my time, to be honest, it's just this first hour or so is on the laptop, so I tend to get distracted easily.

59 minutes ago, Colourmy said:

Edit: And I wager that if both had ten equal chances in a game, KI would finish at least 5. JV two at best.

Right, I'm convinced you're winding me up now. Well done for getting me to respond. Jesus.

15 hours ago, reynard said:

If 30m is generous how much would you accept if you were the owners?

Seriously he's a 15-20 goal a season man, runs his arse off causes back fours all sorts of issues. He's worth every penny of 60 million and more. Oh and he's English. I'm getting fed up with journalists and the media generally undervaluing our players just because we're Leicester. If Vardy was with Chelsea they wouldn't be talking 30m more like 70m.

What a ridiculous statement. If he was worth 60 million and was a shoe-in for 15-20 goals a season in any of the top teams in the UK or Europe, he would not be here now. That would be the bargain of the decade for any club. He suits our game, less so as the month's pass by but he's 31 for god's sake. No-one has undervalued Jamie Vardy, Leicester fans over value him!

Edited by Colourmy

Just now, Colourmy said:

What a ridiculous statement. If he was worth 60 million and was a shoe-in for 15-20 goals a season in any of the top teams in the UK or Europe, he would not be here now. That would be the bargain of the decade for any club. He suits our game, less so as the month's pass by but clubs but he's 31 for god's sake. No-one has undervalued Jamie Vardy, Leicester fans over value him!

We don't over value him at all. He's probably our most important player and has been for the best part of about 4 years. He's priceless to the club . 

I had a similar conversation at the game on Saturday. I honestly believe that in terms of finishing that Iheanacho is the better player but lets face it, he wouldn't even get himself in the positions to have 10 chances so there's no point even comparing the two.

In terms of all round player, Vardy is the best striker we have by a country mile. His footballing brain has improved no end in the last 3 seasons. His vision, his hold up play, his heading...literally everything is better than Iheanacho, Slimani, Ulloa and Okazaki put together.

I wouldn't sell him for £50 million, let alone £30million. He is the focal point of how we play and set-up, alongside Kasper, Maguire and N'didi.

If you seriously only see him as a 'sprinter' then I'd have to question whether you are watching the same player.

• Like 2

I get the fact that JV is 31 and basically one hamstring injury away from obscurity, but £30m is clearly a joke, and just a ruse from talksport to get people to call in and laugh at an obviously ridiculous statement.

The man has won the league, is a regular England international, competed and scored in the Champions League and broken multiple scoring records in the league. He is also the focal point of a team who are comfortably seventh in the league. Most teams would pay £30m to have him for just one season!! This is just plain logic and understanding of the current market.

For comparison - a 29-year old Sanchez was worth £60m and £300k+ a week in the summer, AND he only had 12 months of his contract left! JV is £60m+ easily