Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jonthefox

The "do they mean us?" thread

18 hours ago, Colourmy said:

My view with JV is that his game relies mostly on others' being razor quick in the mind and playing a ball through to him. 

If that doesn't happen, then Vardy struggles. He struggles with his close control of the ball at his feet and his penchant for taking a tumble is his answer to not being able to play his way out of trouble. When you take those points in isolation, you tend to see that speed and surprise is his bag and not too much else. 

Teams that play deep, he really struggles with.

I did try and find some data on games won with Vardy and games won without Vardy but couldn't ( didn't try too hard). I think it may surprise a few.

19 minutes ago, Carl the Llama said:

I looked and he's simply in the starting line-up far too often for the handful of games where he hasn't played (10 games in all comps this season and the last) to provide suitable source material, especially considering most of them were dead rubbers or cup matches where we played against reserve or lower-league teams.

Well in the 15/16 winning season he only missed 2 games, one the 1-1 at man utd, the other lcfc biggest win of the season 4-0 against swansea.

5 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

He is under valued otherwise we'd have had more than an Arsenal offer for him in the last two seasons. It's the same with Mahrez, it's quite scandalous how dismissive the media and the elite clubs are over our top players. It just shows the sheep mentality that rules the top level of football, southampton's best players attract grotesque transfer fees and they've achieved the square root of fcuk all.

We embarrass the world of football, break records and produce the biggest sporting story in the modern era. We then get to the Champions League quarter final, yet Mahrez is derided as a one trick pony who's been found out and Vardy can't play football except kick and run. Fine by me, let people think that and we'll keep them and stand a great chance of winning more trophies. Whilst dog shit clubs like Everton and Southampton will produce a mediocre player and they'll be labelled a superstar and all the top clubs will blindly bid stupid dough for them. 

There's not a better English striker than Vardy, bar Harry Kane in the last few seasons. Goals, assists, big game player, talisman and the lynchpin behind unbreakable team spirit. Forget his age, the money that is wasted in football on players with less than 10% of what Vardy can produce, he's priceless. 

I agree with most of the above, but think you're being a bit dismissive of the general consensus. How are the media being dismissive, for example? Everybody rates Mahrez - it's only the big clubs who've been wary about shelling out for him so far (largely based on last season, when he was the pits for a lot of it). It'll change in the summer. 

Same with Vardy: who is actually saying these things? Most clubs won't want to pay huge money for him because he's beyond 30 and our style of play is suited (tailored, even) to him entirely. Priceless to us, certainly - but not necessarily undervalued by everyone else IMO. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Richard Kingson said:

I agree with most of the above, but think you're being a bit dismissive of the general consensus. How are the media being dismissive, for example? Everybody rates Mahrez - it's only the big clubs who've been wary about shelling out for him so far (largely based on last season, when he was the pits for a lot of it). It'll change in the summer. 

Same with Vardy: who is actually saying these things? Most clubs won't want to pay huge money for him because he's beyond 30 and our style of play is suited (tailored, even) to him entirely. Priceless to us, certainly - but not necessarily undervalued by everyone else IMO. 

Sorry I should have made my point clearer on the media. They have been quite derogatory of both players during their poor spells and the fact they drive a lot of the non stories on transfer links and supposed prices, it's just amusing to see them comfortable in writing such dross about PL winners, PFA and Football Writers POTY and Ballon D'or nominees.  

Everton's supposed interest in Vardy as if it ought to be expected and ought to happen, Mahrez having talks with Liverpool which is absolute nonsense and quoting agreed fees with Arsenal in the summer of around £24 million. It's just a general attitude of how they measure our players.

19 hours ago, Colourmy said:

My view with JV is that his game relies mostly on others' being razor quick in the mind and playing a ball through to him. 

If that doesn't happen, then Vardy struggles. He struggles with his close control of the ball at his feet and his penchant for taking a tumble is his answer to not being able to play his way out of trouble. When you take those points in isolation, you tend to see that speed and surprise is his bag and not too much else. 

I did try and find some data on games won with Vardy and games won without Vardy but couldn't ( didn't try too hard). I think it may surprise a few.

Parts of this are true in fairness especially the part about him struggling vs teams that play deep.

However given the way we play Vardy gets unfairly labelled, he's made so many hoofs out of defence by our cloggers into dangerous passes through his hard work.

If given a chance in a more 'footballing' LCFC side, I think he'd prove his worth as he can hold the ball up and link up play. (Mind you, I think Shinji is the best of all our strkers at this.) He's also got good movement inside the box and is a natural finisher (Iheanacho again probably better). A

ll round though, as others have said, Vardy is by far the most complete, and he also gives us the option to play on the break to perfection

23 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

I don't get why people think this - it's very hard to look good as a striker when the ball never comes anywhere near you.

This!

I could understand the comment if he was totally fluffing his lines with the numerous balls into him, but that wasn't the case. The whole team were pants! 

A university course, about the history of football and Leicester City's Premier League title win, is set to begin next week.

The three-week programme, being run by the University of Leicester and De Montfort University, will also explore the social impact of the sport.

Dr Neil Carter, from De Montfort University, said: "Even now it seems difficult to register that Leicester actually won the Premier League, especially in light of the changes that have taken place in football over recent decades.

"So Leicester City are worthy of their place in football history and worthy of an area of study on this course".

The course is free to sign up for, but people can pay to have unlimited access to all of the study material.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/uk-england-derbyshire-42786639?ns_mchannel=social&ns_source=twitter&ns_campaign=bbc_live&ns_linkname=5a670e26281185064bc63166%26Universities offer Leicester City course%26&ns_fee=0#post_5a670e26281185064bc63166

3 minutes ago, Wymeswold fox said:

A university course, about the history of football and Leicester City's Premier League title win, is set to begin next week.

The three-week programme, being run by the University of Leicester and De Montfort University, will also explore the social impact of the sport.

Dr Neil Carter, from De Montfort University, said: "Even now it seems difficult to register that Leicester actually won the Premier League, especially in light of the changes that have taken place in football over recent decades.

"So Leicester City are worthy of their place in football history and worthy of an area of study on this course".

The course is free to sign up for, but people can pay to have unlimited access to all of the study material.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/uk-england-derbyshire-42786639?ns_mchannel=social&ns_source=twitter&ns_campaign=bbc_live&ns_linkname=5a670e26281185064bc63166%26Universities offer Leicester City course%26&ns_fee=0#post_5a670e26281185064bc63166

Yay!!! Back on topic!!  :scarf:

6 hours ago, Suzie the Fox said:

This!

I could understand the comment if he was totally fluffing his lines with the numerous balls into him, but that wasn't the case. The whole team were pants! 

Talking of pants Suzie. Oppppps wrong forum lol

9 minutes ago, Suzie the Fox said:

hahhaha.. ok i give you that one..

WAITING

I've not got any dick picks but if you google search images and Dennis Wise you will get pictures of a C0CK lollol

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

19 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Sorry I should have made my point clearer on the media. They have been quite derogatory of both players during their poor spells and the fact they drive a lot of the non stories on transfer links and supposed prices, it's just amusing to see them comfortable in writing such dross about PL winners, PFA and Football Writers POTY and Ballon D'or nominees.  

Everton's supposed interest in Vardy as if it ought to be expected and ought to happen, Mahrez having talks with Liverpool which is absolute nonsense and quoting agreed fees with Arsenal in the summer of around £24 million. It's just a general attitude of how they measure our players.

So all for the better!!    They stay!  Brilliant.

• Like 2

On 22/01/2018 at 18:44, Colourmy said:

The amount of times Vardy gets the ball far down the pitch with very little on and wins corners, free kicks or manages to get decent crosses in to space for our players is one of his best assets. I do agree regarding the bit about struggling when teams play deep but I think they're all guilty of that, I was doing my nut on Saturday at how bad we were at moving the ball.

2 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

The amount of times Vardy gets the ball far down the pitch with very little on and wins corners, free kicks or manages to get decent crosses in to space for our players is one of his best assets. I do agree regarding the bit about struggling when teams play deep but I think they're all guilty of that, I was doing my nut on Saturday at how bad we were at moving the ball.

In fairness I think Saturday had more to do with how well Watford pressed us. Didn't let anyone have a second on the ball anywhere on the pitch.

6 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

manages to get decent crosses

His crossing is under appreciated, he's not often in a position where there's somebody in the box to aim for when on the byline but he's put a fair few dangerous balls in across his time here, the cross for Ulloa against Man U at home sticks out in the memory.

1 hour ago, Wookie said:

His crossing is under appreciated, he's not often in a position where there's somebody in the box to aim for when on the byline but he's put a fair few dangerous balls in across his time here, the cross for Ulloa against Man U at home sticks out in the memory.

I would say he is he best crosser we have in the club if you use accuracy as the main measure 

• Like 1

On 1/22/2018 at 18:44, Colourmy said:

To date since the start of the 14/15 season We have played 138 premier League games 

Vardy has played in 128 of them

In the 10 premier league games he has missed we have won 4 and lost 3 

• Like 2