Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jonthefox

The "do they mean us?" thread

Man City fans on Blue Moon re: Mahrez

'You'll regret this when he'll sulk and cause disruption to your team'

'95m is ridiculous, they should be happy we've offered 60m'

First of all, Man City are a key contributor to the inflated market. 95m is a fair price as he's better than Van Dijk but not as good as Coutinho.

Secondly, they could have had him for 50m in the summer and all parties would have been happy.

Idiots.

12 minutes ago, Nalis said:

First of all, Man City are a key contributor to the inflated market. 95m is a fair price as he's better than Van Dijk but not as good as Coutinho.

Secondly, they could have had him for 50m in the summer and all parties would have been happy.

Idiots.

Man City fans are weird anyway. They used to be alright when they were just a normal club - but their weird hate for UEFA and anti-establishment bullshit is just plain odd. I suppose your expectations rise when your club becomes that rich so might be a contributing factor. They're like them blokes you see who win the euro millions and then want everything gold plated and leopard skin, they think they're classy but everybody else just thinks they're classless. 

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, Nalis said:

Idiots.

They come in with a last minute bid and expected to get him lol we wouldn’t have had time to get any reasonable replacement in ffs 

16 minutes ago, Manini said:

Man City fans are weird anyway. They used to be alright when they were just a normal club - but their weird hate for UEFA and anti-establishment bullshit is just plain odd. I suppose your expectations rise when your club becomes that rich so might be a contributing factor. They're like them blokes you see who win the euro millions and then want everything gold plated and leopard skin, they think they're classy but everybody else just thinks they're classless. 

Expectations of fans can change- I remember being back in the Championship, and we would have been glad if we had signed someone who was so good that they got snapped up by one of the top clubs. Look at us now, turning down £65m offers...

1 minute ago, Ted Maul said:

Expectations of fans can change- I remember being back in the Championship, and we would have been glad if we had signed someone who was so good that they got snapped up by one of the top clubs. Look at us now, turning down £65m offers...

Yeah agreed. I allude to that in my post as well. I've got Man City supporting friends and can have more of a conversation about football in general with them as opposed to Man United fans for example. 

Like i said they're just a bit odd. I don't think they've really come to terms yet with the fact that they went from being average to the richest club in the world seemingley overnight. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Manini said:

They are a small club at the core. They still have an inferiority complex and think the world is against them. Can't stand Man City fans. They dont deserve all this success. 

nothing to like about man city, imo.

bought their success and they enjoy it in a run-down shit-tip of a ground in a shit area. 

they're just pissed that we didn't let them take one of our best players for their little 'collection' for nothing. 

**** 'em. 

1 hour ago, Manini said:

It's funny. They think we should just roll over for them because they're man city and we should be grateful they want one of our players so we should let them have him. Despite the fact they wouldn't pay the fee. Not our fault they didn't really want him is it

Edited by ARTY_FOX

2 hours ago, Nalis said:

Idiots.

It misses the point. If that bid came in a week ago, we’d have probably accepted and spent a week using some of the money. 

As as you say as well can’t inflate the market and then moan when you get burned by the market 

I'm liking this trend of sports journalists noticing that Man City have behaved in derisive fashion and that Riyad has reacted to events petulantly.  Hope when he finally shows up to the changing room he finds all these articles and a transcript of the Hislop chat adorning the walls.

• Like 3

@davieG Thanks for the article, it sums it all up perfectly. Indeed when you think about the transfer sagas and sums of money involved in recent years football seems to be crossing that line between vulgar and obscene too often.

I hope Mahrez will stop being the "victim"/prisoner he probably thinks he is and will get back to doing his job ASAP.

Edited by Chester Dontlie

Not only when you read articles or watch pieces like Shaka Hislop's, but especially when you read the comments underneath, you get a sense of the "football world" reaction which may surprise you.

I assumed there would be a popular backlash.  All the media and all the fans/fams uncritically buying the story first offered by Man City, Riyad's agent, and the lazy hot-take pundits.

Yet I notice a real groundswell of support for the club's actions.  Not universal, but often a solid majority of comments.

Whoever was first to post here that (whatever the hurt on LCFC) this is good for football, dead on.  And that point is NOT lost out in the world.

Edited by KingsX
  • Like 2