Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jonthefox

The "do they mean us?" thread

Hard to argue with that selection. I couldn't see any Leicester players in their respective positions able to push Crooks' nominations off the plate.

Ulloa as a contender for Pellè and Hamer with his saves close to Speroni, but that's about it.

I agree that there probably shouldn't be any Leicester players in there, but I think his line up is pretty poor to be honest. He's got 2 Man City defenders in there and they conceded 2 goals! If we had conceded 2 against Arsenal our players would have got 3 or 4 out of 10, not a place in team of the week.

Here we go lol.

I said I would come back and congratulate you if you won, and you did, so well done on that front. I'm surprised that despite what I said, some of you are still taking the Oatcake a little bit seriously. There's a lot of sarcasm and jokes on there right now and for some reason a bizarre number of Leicester fans are signing up to berate us, rub salt in the wounds and generally gloat. Not sure I'd call that particularly classy, but hey, each to their own :) I'd like to think I've been fairly dignified in my posts here and I hope that you're diplomatic in your responses to me :P

Regarding the match, we certainly played better than you, at least for the entire first half and a good part of the second, but the only stat that counts is the one in the top left hand corner. Your number was higher than ours, your three points. They could be the base in which you kick off your season.

Your performance reminds me of a typical Stoke performance from seasons past. In particular, the Spurs away day from our second season in the Premiership, where they absolutely battered us for 85 minutes and then with our only real chance of the game, Glenn Whelan scored to steal the three points. I imagine the words coming out of Spurs fans that day, were similar to those coming out of ours now. Football is a funny old game. 

For us, we need to go again, and I think we need to reassess our attacking options. I felt we cut through your defence more than enough times to get a goal yet we never really looked like scoring. A lack of good striking options or just a lack of confidence perhaps? Time will tell. For you, I still think you need to solidify a bit at the back. A team with better attacking options would have won comfortably. Perhaps this will be a theme for us this season and depending on how you progress you will either tighten up or leak further. We've never been a high scoring team, and perhaps this will be the year where goals are even tighter than before. Even at 34, Cambiasso looks like a good signing.

It's funny how two sets of supporters see the game completely differently. I noticed a lot of you guys calling us 'divers' and aggressive, rough-housing if you will, yet apart from the Bojan fall in the box which I felt was not a penalty, the only diving I saw was coming entirely from Ulloa. In the first half, he threw himself to the floor three times in some fairly poor attempts to win a free kick. I didn't see Shawcross rough-housing anyone particularly yet I saw a few brawls with Peter Crouch and your defenders. Fans always see things differently. I felt Michael Oliver didn't have a great game, but hey, it's not the referees fault we weren't able to score.

Man Utd have a lot of very decent fans but a lot of unbearably arrogant twats as well, saying that, that's bound to happen when you've been as good as they have been.

I think they're in for a bit of a surprise if they expect to hammer us. We won't give them the respect QPR did. They aren't incapable of hammering us but I don't think they will. Think it might be a 0-1.

I can't tell if it's just an in-joke on Oatcake or what but do Stoke fans actually think they're bigger than us? They are just the English Cardiff with a less embarrassing owner but probably more embarrassing fans.

I'm really confused by this, yet some of you keep repeating it... I haven't spotted a single comment on the Oatcake where someone explicitly states we're bigger than you. Of course there are going to be people who say we're better than you. On paper we probably are! You're a newly promoted team and we've just finished 9th. I don't really understand why people are getting so butthurt at the notion that Stoke fans might just happen to believe their team is better than another. Stop looking into things too deeply my friend, you'll live longer!

As I said, well done on the three points, good luck for the rest of the season. Hopefully you'll put in a good show against the shit.

• Like 3

It's funny how two sets of supporters see the game completely differently. I noticed a lot of you guys calling us 'divers' and aggressive, rough-housing if you will, yet apart from the Bojan fall in the box which I felt was not a penalty, the only diving I saw was coming entirely from Ulloa. In the first half, he threw himself to the floor three times in some fairly poor attempts to win a free kick.

Ulloa slipped for the first one, that was 100% clear on the TV even the commentators said so. Your fans went wild and then continued to try and take pops at him when he went down, once he went down a bit softly (a damn site more contact than made on Bojan), the third time your player went into his back and he got a free kick. The commentators words were along the lines of "I don't know what the Stoke fans are moaning about".

I'd also say that you didn't really "cut through out defence", you cut through our midfield and either got a poor ball in from out wide or sent a shot wide from about 25 years. There were really no clear chances other than the crouch header and Moses at the end.

Edited by Babylon
  • Like 2

Here we go lol.

I said I would come back and congratulate you if you won, and you did, so well done on that front. I'm surprised that despite what I said, some of you are still taking the Oatcake a little bit seriously. There's a lot of sarcasm and jokes on there right now and for some reason a bizarre number of Leicester fans are signing up to berate us, rub salt in the wounds and generally gloat. Not sure I'd call that particularly classy, but hey, each to their own :) I'd like to think I've been fairly dignified in my posts here and I hope that you're diplomatic in your responses to me :P

Regarding the match, we certainly played better than you, at least for the entire first half and a good part of the second, but the only stat that counts is the one in the top left hand corner. Your number was higher than ours, your three points. They could be the base in which you kick off your season.

Your performance reminds me of a typical Stoke performance from seasons past. In particular, the Spurs away day from our second season in the Premiership, where they absolutely battered us for 85 minutes and then with our only real chance of the game, Glenn Whelan scored to steal the three points. I imagine the words coming out of Spurs fans that day, were similar to those coming out of ours now. Football is a funny old game.

For us, we need to go again, and I think we need to reassess our attacking options. I felt we cut through your defence more than enough times to get a goal yet we never really looked like scoring. A lack of good striking options or just a lack of confidence perhaps? Time will tell. For you, I still think you need to solidify a bit at the back. A team with better attacking options would have won comfortably. Perhaps this will be a theme for us this season and depending on how you progress you will either tighten up or leak further. We've never been a high scoring team, and perhaps this will be the year where goals are even tighter than before. Even at 34, Cambiasso looks like a good signing.

It's funny how two sets of supporters see the game completely differently. I noticed a lot of you guys calling us 'divers' and aggressive, rough-housing if you will, yet apart from the Bojan fall in the box which I felt was not a penalty, the only diving I saw was coming entirely from Ulloa. In the first half, he threw himself to the floor three times in some fairly poor attempts to win a free kick. I didn't see Shawcross rough-housing anyone particularly yet I saw a few brawls with Peter Crouch and your defenders. Fans always see things differently. I felt Michael Oliver didn't have a great game, but hey, it's not the referees fault we weren't able to score.

I'm really confused by this, yet some of you keep repeating it... I haven't spotted a single comment on the Oatcake where someone explicitly states we're bigger than you. Of course there are going to be people who say we're better than you. On paper we probably are! You're a newly promoted team and we've just finished 9th. I don't really understand why people are getting so butthurt at the notion that Stoke fans might just happen to believe their team is better than another. Stop looking into things too deeply my friend, you'll live longer!

As I said, well done on the three points, good luck for the rest of the season. Hopefully you'll put in a good show against the shit.

Cheers mate

You were the better team first half and large parts of the 2nd as you say but I have to disagree that you cut through our defence on nemuerous occasions, in fact I can't remember one time you got in behind us. The main chance I remember was when Hamer saved a fairly routine shot and then Moses looked like he was going to tap it in but the keeper got down to.his feet. Other that that you just had pot shots and crosses that we dealt with quite comfortably.

A point would've been fair but at thee end of the day Ulloa is showing why we paid £8M for him. I think the subs at half time changed it massively for us as we never got on the ball in the first. When we went 1-0 up I never felt like we were going to let it slip.

Anyway it's great for us getting all 4 points at what is a very hard place to go for even the big teams. There will be many teams that fail to do that this season.

Good luck for the rest of the season ;)

I do wish that other stoke fan would come back on here though lol

Ulloa slipped for the first one, that was 100% clear on the TV even the commentators said so. Your fans went wild and then continued to try and take pops at him when he went down, once he went down a bit softly (a damn site more contact than made on Bojan, the third time your player went into his back and he got a free kick. The commentators words were along the lines of "I don't know what the Stoke fans are moaning about".

I'd also say that you didn't really "cut through out defence", you cut through our midfield and either got a poor ball in from out wide or sent a shot wide from about 25 years. There were really no clear chances other than the crouch header and Moses at the end.

Babylon, I see you are one of those who have signed up to the Oatcake to gloat. Very well done my friend on achieving absolutely nothing lol...

I wasn't watching it on TV. I was in the ground. Like I said before, I sit in the Boothen End. I had a perfect view and while he may have slipped, he then threw his arms up in the air, which is an appeal. Once you've appealed, it's gone from a slip to an attempt to win a free kick, at least in my opinion.

I haven't seen the Bojan one on replays, but it was directly in front of me. It wasn't a penalty, it was probably a dive, as I said earlier. I still feel that Ulloa was going down easily but that's just my opinion. Your right back also took a little tumble in the first half which riled up Stoke fans even more.

Like I said, it's funny how we all see things differently. I felt we had enough to cut through and get a goal. Just didn't happen. Still, the goal you got is the one that won the points and ultimately, that is that :)

Cheers mate

You were the better team first half and large parts of the 2nd as you say but I have to disagree that you cut through our defence on nemuerous occasions, in fact I can't remember one time you got in behind us. The main chance I remember was when Hamer saved a fairly routine shot and then Moses looked like he was going to tap it in but the keeper got down to.his feet. Other that that you just had pot shots and crosses that we dealt with quite comfortably.

A point would've been fair but at thee end of the day Ulloa is showing why we paid £8M for him. I think the subs at half time changed it massively for us as we never got on the ball in the first. When we went 1-0 up I never felt like we were going to let it slip.

Anyway it's great for us getting all 4 points at what is a very hard place to go for even the big teams. There will be many teams that fail to do that this season.

We got 4 points? Brilliant!

Babylon, I see you are one of those who have signed up to the Oatcake to gloat. Very well done my friend on achieving absolutely nothing lol...

I've been signed up for about 6 months. And what do you think you are achieving on here?

I wasn't watching it on TV. I was in the ground. Like I said before, I sit in the Boothen End. I had a perfect view and while he may have slipped, he then threw his arms up in the air, which is an appeal. Once you've appealed, it's gone from a slip to an attempt to win a free kick, at least in my opinion.

Well the commentators who don't have red tinted glasses on said it was a clear slip and thought you lot were a moaning bunch.

• Like 2

Cheers mate

At 8 million Ulloa could turn out to be a real bargain, although we'll see if he can keep it up.

Cambiasso changed the game for me. Will be a seriously good player for you if he keeps free of injury.

I've been signed up for about 6 months. And what do you think you are achieving on here?

Well the commentators who don't have red tinted glasses on said it was a clear slip and thought you lot were a moaning bunch.

Well, the reason I signed up was to try and show that not all Stoke fans are like the muppet who signed up before. If you have a problem with Stoke fans in general, no matter how reasonable I am you're always going to think I'm a cock, so there's not much point in my trying with you.

I guess we'll never know as I haven't heard them. I'm surprised you didn't go yourself, Stoke is a local away day.

Edited by StokeFan

At 8 million Ulloa could turn out to be a real bargain, although we'll see if he can keep it up.

Cambiasso changed the game for me. Will be a seriously good player for you if he keeps free of injury.

Hope he can, has all the attributes to get double figures in the prem and with his good start confidence shouldn't be an issue.

It was magic to see Cambiasso in a leicester shirt :)

Are you worried that Bojan hasn't started scoring yet? Got a few in pre season didn't he?

Well, the reason I signed up was to try and show that not all Stoke fans are like the muppet who signed up before. If you have a problem with Stoke fans in general, no matter how reasonable I am you're always going to think I'm a cock, so there's not much point in my trying with you.

I guess we'll never know as I haven't heard them. I'm surprised you didn't go yourself, Stoke is a local away day.

Trying to get tickets to a club that'll only give us 3000 is an absolute nightmare. Sell out in minutes and those without any sort of priority above the standard Season ticket holder level has absolutely no chance.

Hope he can, has all the attributes to get double figures in the prem and with his good start confidence shouldn't be an issue.

It was magic to see Cambiasso in a leicester shirt :)

Are you worried that Bojan hasn't started scoring yet? Got a few in pre season didn't he?

I'm more worried that Bojan isn't be utilized correctly. Hughes has played him in three games where I felt he would have been better left out, yet left him out of the game against Citeh, where I felt he would get a lot of time. It's no surprise that Bojan started well yesterday but was quickly crowded out by your defenders. That's going to happen against certain teams. He needs to be started against teams like Arsenal where he may find more time on the ball.

Still, his biggest issue is that he's lightweight. That will always be a problem.

So if Stoke now see themselves as progressing on from the hoofball tactics they employed when they got promoted, and now seem to think they are a fluid passing team that plays football the way god had intended it, why was their manager moaning about the lack of chances from long balls into the box and why are they playing crouch up front.

So if Stoke now see themselves as progressing on from the hoofball tactics they employed when they got promoted, and now seem to think they are a fluid passing team that plays football the way god had intended it, why was their manager moaning about the lack of chances from long balls into the box and why are they playing crouch up front.

Because our main striker Diouf only returned from Senegal the day before. 

Diouf would have almost certainly started if he'd returned home a few days before.

yeah gotta say that's the only thing i'll pull stoke fans up on, dreadful football. we had a game plan to mainly defend and hit up a break if we could and it worked perfectly. i'd spent a week being told about stokelona and their amazing football. quite glad i didn't go, would've had a reet stiff neck craning it up to see all the long balls being banged into crouch. 

might not be the case every week but the fact that squawka has wes morgan as making, and attempting, 0 tackles shows how often they tried to get the ball down and play. he made about 900 headed clearances though.