Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jonthefox

The "do they mean us?" thread

Because our main striker Diouf only returned from Senegal the day before. 

Diouf would have almost certainly started if he'd returned home a few days before.

You mean like Riyad Mahrez for us. He only got back on Friday also.

yeah gotta say that's the only thing i'll pull stoke fans up on, dreadful football. we had a game plan to mainly defend and hit up a break if we could and it worked perfectly. i'd spent a week being told about stokelona and their amazing football. quite glad i didn't go, would've had a reet stiff neck craning it up to see all the long balls being banged into crouch. 

might not be the case every week but the fact that squawka has wes morgan as making, and attempting, 0 tackles shows how often they tried to get the ball down and play. he made about 900 headed clearances though. 

Yeah you're spot on here, they were very direct for a side that now claims to play the right way.

On a side note I've no idea why sides launch balls at Crouch, given he can't head a ball properly.

Yeah you're spot on here, they were very direct for a side that now claims to play the right way.

On a side note I've no idea why sides launch balls at Crouch, given he can't head a ball properly.

yeah and he spends the whole time with all his limbs flailing and eventually falling over. 

it was a performance i expected to see from stoke a year ago, until i read their board and listened to a few pundits and realised they obviously play sensationally free flowing football now. not what i could see. 

Heh :) Walked right into that one.

Enjoy your victory Babylon. :)

I thought Hughes was trying to play some proper football these days yet you resorted to hoofing it 50% of the time still.

You say better attacks would have put us to the sword yet we've faced Arsenal, Everton and Chelsea and have only lost one which were on top of for 60 minutes. If Chelsea can't have their way with us I'm not sure who will tbh, I'd say our defence was our strongest part of the field at the moment. I guess we'll be up against it against Utd. Falcao/Rooney/RVP will be a step up from Sanogo. (Yet we did keep Ozil, Sanchez and Ramsey quiet.

• Like 1

A lot of the fans on their forum are being very complimentary and respectful towards us. It'd be hard for them not to be confident with a team that includes Di Maria, Falcao, Mata and RVP etc.

They still don't think it'll be an easy ride though and they seem to have watched a fair bit of us to base their opinions on.

I've always hated United but it's nice to fans of a club of their stature to say nice things about us

A lot of the fans on their forum are being very complimentary and respectful towards us. It'd be hard for them not to be confident with a team that includes Di Maria, Falcao, Mata and RVP etc.

They still don't think it'll be an easy ride though and they seem to have watched a fair bit of us to base their opinions on.

I've always hated United but it's nice to fans of a club of their stature to say nice things about us

More, it's nice that they seem to appreciate our team, to know about our players and to be basing their opinions on more than just "Nugent didn't score many for Burnley".

It shows a better class of fan to comment intelligently, and ManU, Everton and City seem to have a good few (there are plenty of ignorant ones too, see not606 etc.)

Course, it helps that we have RDL, DD, MJ and the new boys from their youth team, Schlupp went there for a month on trial, and Kasper's the son of a United legend...

Agree teams' fans at the minute always seem to dislike us. Didn't care when we were poor and slint

More, it's nice that they seem to appreciate our team, to know about our players and to be basing their opinions on more than just "Nugent didn't score many for Burnley".

It shows a better class of fan to comment intelligently, and ManU, Everton and City seem to have a good few (there are plenty of ignorant ones too, see not606 etc.)

Course, it helps that we have RDL, DD, MJ and the new boys from their youth team, Schlupp went there for a month on trial, and Kasper's the son of a United legend...

Any Man United with any vested interest in their development teams over the years are going to know a fair bit about our squad given a number of them have spent time there, they're going to know about Cambiasso, and they're going to know about Kasper. Given Ulloa is currently joint 2nd highest goal scorer in the league it's a bit hard to ignore him as well.

Assuming we carry on giving good accounts of ourselves I think we'll get more recognition form most of the league as time goes on.

I thought Hughes was trying to play some proper football these days yet you resorted to hoofing it 50% of the time still.

You say better attacks would have put us to the sword yet we've faced Arsenal, Everton and Chelsea and have only lost one which were on top of for 60 minutes. If Chelsea can't have their way with us I'm not sure who will tbh, I'd say our defence was our strongest part of the field at the moment. I guess we'll be up against it against Utd. Falcao/Rooney/RVP will be a step up from Sanogo. (Yet we did keep Ozil, Sanchez and Ramsey quiet.

Can you define proper football please? Football is a sport. The way to play football is defined within the rules and so long as those rules are adhered to, then the approach is actually irrelevant as far as I'm concerned. Are you trying to say that you play proper football and we don't? The only thing that matters is the team who wins and that was you.

Hughes has tried to get Stoke passing more. The reason for this wasn't to impress the media buffs, other teams supporters or those idiots on Match of the Day, but to try and progress us to the next level. I believe last season demonstrated how we progressed as a team and the football we played at Aston Villa away was some of the best I've seen in a long time. It also demonstrated that while our fairly rudimentary style upon returning to the top division was fine in the short term, it wasn't really sustainable. Look at our first season, a whopping 33% of our goals came as a result of Rory Delap's long throws. In the second season, I believe that tally was less than 16% and in the third season I'm pretty sure we scored just one. If you want to move on as a team, you have to move forward. One thing Pulis showed, was that he found it incredibly difficult to adopt a passing approach into any of his strategies. He signed players with the ability to do it (Tuncay, Palacios, N'Zonzi, Eidur, Adam, Owen, Cameron) yet completely failed in integrating a good passing game which is why we ultimately didn't progress.

Reverting to hoofball could be considered our plan b.

Hard to argue with that selection. I couldn't see any Leicester players in their respective positions able to push Crooks' nominations off the plate.

Ulloa as a contender for Pellè and Hamer with his saves close to Speroni, but that's about it.

I would have expected a Leicester defender to be in there over Kompany or Zabaleta considering they shipped 2 goals. 

Man u fans will give us credit as the real fans that go are very knowledgeable about there own squad and others.

They did not want to lose James as they rated him and will know what the rest are capable off.

They won't be happy to lose but will take some credit if we turn them over with there old youth squad.

Lets be honest they don't have to be billy big bollox about us they are a big team and even on a bad run should beat us.

But I am sure if we turn them over in the right way a lot will show respect unlike the muppets from Stoke just moaning.

Chelsea Arsenal have shown respect and I don't see Man U being different if we turn up and give them a real game win lose or draw.

If we can carry on as we have started I would expect us to gain respect from the big guns with the likes of stoke it will never happen as we are a threat to there safety.

Chelsea Arsenal have shown respect and I don't see Man U being different if we turn up and give them a real game win lose or draw.

Arsenal??? Respect???

They have been crying about us being "so physical we'll end some players careers" and "they watered one end of the pitch more, our players fell over".

Man u fans will give us credit as the real fans that go are very knowledgeable about there own squad and others.

They did not want to lose James as they rated him and will know what the rest are capable off.

They won't be happy to lose but will take some credit if we turn them over with there old youth squad.

Lets be honest they don't have to be billy big bollox about us they are a big team and even on a bad run should beat us.

But I am sure if we turn them over in the right way a lot will show respect unlike the muppets from Stoke just moaning.

If we can carry on as we have started I would expect us to gain respect from the big guns with the likes of stoke it will never happen as we are a threat to there safety.

*sigh* Have I moaned at all mate? I've been respectful of the fact you won and haven't moaned at all. I've expressed my opinion.

Clearly some of you just don't like Stoke fans and no matter how we conduct ourselves, you'll always have it in for us.

Edited by StokeFan

Arsenal??? Respect???

They have been crying about us being "so physical we'll end some players careers" and "they watered one end of the pitch more, our players fell over".

Not been on there site but have a lot of them round here and the 6 in the pub watching the game were very respectful.

And no they are not mates just people I see every now and again.

Yes they were pissed they did not win but took us as a good side that won't give up.

*sigh* Have I moaned at all mate? I've been respectful of the fact you won and haven't moaned at all. I've expressed my opinion.

Clearly some of you just don't like Stoke fans and no matter how we conduct ourselves, you'll always have it in for us.

Did he mean you specifically? No.

He meant the people on oatcake and don't try to dress it up as "they have a weird sense of humour" or "they don't represent all Stoke fans".

You've been gracious in defeat but the people on oatcake need to look at your own side's failings rather than the shit team that they lost to.

• Like 1

Not been on there site but have a lot of them round here and the 6 in the pub watching the game were very respectful.

And no they are not mates just people I see every now and again.

Yes they were pissed they did not win but took us as a good side that won't give up.

Some of the stuff I saw from them was really pathetic.

Some of it was very similar to Stoke, "we have loads of chances, we should have won"... no you had lots of shots from 30 years and a couple of decent chances. None of which were better than the Chance Ulloa missed.

Sorry did I mention you did I say stokefan?

Don't take it all so personal from what I have seen you have been fine.

I also understand it is not all stoke fans as all 15k don't use gingerbread or whatever they call it.

It's just a shame like watford your forum has a very high % of knobbs using it.

Had I had a problem with you trust me I would have named you.

Did he mean you specifically? No.

He meant the people on oatcake and don't try to dress it up as "they have a weird sense of humour" or "they don't represent all Stoke fans".

You've been gracious in defeat but the people on oatcake need to look at your own side's failings rather than the shit team that they lost to.

Personally, I don't think you're shit. Would I swap my squad for yours, probably not, but I think I would like to have seen Hughes follow some of Pearson's quick thinking. It was that, which won you the game.

You're all spot on with Arsenal, as I pointed out earlier. Just get used to it. They'll moan and whine and make out like the whole world is against them. They're a bit like Liverpool, except more insufferable and more self-righteous.

Sorry did I mention you did I say stokefan?

Don't take it all so personal from what I have seen you have been fine.

I also understand it is not all stoke fans as all 15k don't use gingerbread or whatever they call it.

It's just a shame like watford your forum has a very high % of knobbs using it.

Had I had a problem with you trust me I would have named you.

Oatcake :D

You should really try one before judging, they're not bad ;)