Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jonthefox

The "do they mean us?" thread

*sigh* Have I moaned at all mate? I've been respectful of the fact you won and haven't moaned at all. I've expressed my opinion.

Clearly some of you just don't like Stoke fans and no matter how we conduct ourselves, you'll always have it in for us.

You've conducted yourself very well on here. Yes, there are some proper muppets over on oatcake, but there's a lot of reasonable people over there too. To be quite frank, I doubt the percentage is any different to whatever we have over here. For some reason, people get all uppity when Stoke call our team shit, but they're happy to do the same themselves.

Then again, I have a soft spot for Stoke.

• Like 1

*sigh* Have I moaned at all mate? I've been respectful of the fact you won and haven't moaned at all. I've expressed my opinion.

Clearly some of you just don't like Stoke fans and no matter how we conduct ourselves, you'll always have it in for us.

I'm sorry pal but you came on here lecturing about the goobers on the oatcake, you can't turn round and take it to heart when you find similar here.

It's the internet, there's morons everywhere.

Foxes Talk isn't representative of all city fans as the oatcake isn't of all stoke fans. You like to tell us there's some oh so alien wind up culture on the oatcake, do you not think maybe that's pretty common on all football boards and that maybe we're used to it? Because maybe there's a lot here?

If you want to contribute then contribute, we've had hundreds of away fans over the years, you're nothing unique. Just relax and do it for the enjoyment and save us the preaching, the high horse and the inevitable flouncing, yeah?

StokeFan - you say you are being measured and fair minded but essentially you reek of someone who thinks you have been robbed and your comments about us are dripping with faint praise ie we tore you apart but you won so that's all that matters. You did not tear us apart. You had only 3 really good chances all game, 2 of those at the death. In the second half we looked far more incisive around the box than you and actually got behind your defence which you failed to manage all game despite all your possession. I would have expected you to dominate possession when you have an extra man in midfield and against our reserve midfield in the first half. But you did very little with that possession in my view. And the second half, when we changed shape and got on what is nearly our first choice midfield the game was pretty even after the first few minutes.

2008 when stevie Howard got the hat trick and we all thought we'd turned a corner at bloody last

We did the double over them that season(4-1 at the Hawthorns if I remember correctly??). They got prompted, we got relegated, only in the Championship.

We did the double over them that season(4-1 at the Hawthorns if I remember correctly??). They got prompted, we got relegated, only in the Championship.

Indeed - we have won two out of the last ten. (We lost at home 2008 so no double)

we have beaten them once in the past 17 years but that was only 8 fixtures. Point is, to pick out WBA for a tonking ................

Indeed - we have won two out of the last ten. (We lost at home 2008 so no double)

we have beaten them once in the past 17 years but that was only 8 fixtures. Point is, to pick out WBA for a tonking ................

Past form against them is pretty irrelevant - we're playing well, they're a team in turmoil who look completely bereft of ideas or quality. 

The thing you don't seem to grasp Stoke, is that calling our performance smash and grab is entirely dishonest when both teams had pretty much the same amount of clear-cut opportunities.  You wouldn't have thought it a smash and grab if you put one of yours away and we didn't, so why the double standard just because you did a decent job of hiding the ball in your half?

s much as some are underestimating Leicester City (I may underestimate them myself here), others are overrating them just as much.

They on average bag 1.25 goals a game. They have let in 5 goals to our 3 so far, and only scored 4 to our 6. We have 2 clean sheets where as they only have 1. For Leicester, they have started there campaign quite well and are certainly to be respected.

However, our defense has and is shaping up quite well especially with the defensive work of Blind and the composing he brings by taking on the responsibility of dispersing the ball from the back, which relieves some of the pressure off the shaky defense passing that has recently been our demise. Also, in as much as our defense may leak a goal or two, I would like to believe the World class quality of our attack will immensely hurt their defense. Similar to our 20th Title were we just out scored our opponents.

3-2 is likely, but I would like to see a 5-2 or 5-1 to ManUtd with the already well posted first XI of:

-----------DDG----------

Rafael-Evans-Rojo-Shaw

-----------Blind----------

---Herrera---Di Maria---

----------Mata-----------

-----Falcao---Rooney----

With Rooney taking Mata's place around the 70th minute and RVP coming on for Mata.

Depending on the scoreline, LVG would probably want to give our Vice-captain some minutes under his belt so Fletcher coming on for Herrera at the 75th minute or so.

Januzaj coming on again for Di Maria at the 80th minute.

Generally they've been quite good but that sentence is one of the most stupid comparisons I've ever seen made, We've played Chelsea, Everton. Arsenal and Stoke.

You've played QPR Burnley Swansea and Sunderland :unsure:

Generally they've been quite good but that sentence is one of the most stupid comparisons I've ever seen made, We've played Chelsea, Everton. Arsenal and Stoke.

You've played QPR Burnley Swansea and Sunderland :unsure:

Thankfully someone corrected the moron just after that.

Apart from Brighton last season, when was the last time we conceded more than 2 goals in a game?

Edit. I like how someone claims we are being overrated and that we havent scored as much as them and conceded more. Yes, of course that's the case. They've had the easiest start, we are level on points after we played Arsenal, Chelsea, Everton and Stoke.

Edit2 at least someone pointed that out

Edited by lgfualol