Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jonthefox

The "do they mean us?" thread

http://www.holmesdale.net/page.php?id=106&tid=157091

Palace. The MIGHTY Palace. The notorious. The club that strikes fear into every football fan young and old. The self professed LOUDEST CLUB ON EARTH...don't like us.

To be fair, the bit about Steve Claridge I understand, I'd hate him after that glorious play-off winner, but the rest just smacks of bitterness and it's so tedious. Change the record lads, you're not Galatasaray, you're a bunch of 14 year old chavs. 

Also loved this bit: "proper team like Stoke,Villa or Norwich"  :xmaslaugh: 

lol

Palace are hilarious, such a bitter little club. The one claim to fame they have is that, for a couple of years, they had arguably the best atmosphere in the league. With that mantle well and truly gone, including Leicester fans producing vastly superior tifos just to add insult to injury, Crystal Palace are once again the total irrelevance they have been for a good 100 years of the 110 years they've been in existence. 

They make a big deal of the clappers, but the overwhelming majority of the noise comes from voices. Voices which, unless I'm mistaken, come from the larynx rather than plastic clappers. Perhaps if Palace's singers weren't more or less restricted to 150 black jacketed chavs who think they invented the ultra movement and all other fan groups were mere pale imitations, they too might make the kind of noise that would drown out a farting mouse.

which makes it even funnier/more pathetic/makes you feel even more sorry for them that they all still act like 14 year old wannabee ultras. odds on they all still live with their parents. they're probably using our flags as fu cking duvet covers the ugly c unts.

But they are ultras, maybe different to the neo-nazi hooligans in Poland or the stabby cvnts at Napoli but they have dedicated themselves to supporting Palace in their own way for the last ten years. Understand and appreciate the mentality or not, they are ultras.

Still sly pricks, mind.

What's so special about the way they support Palace? Nicking flags after games? Round here we call that a pikey

Hence the sly pricks comment. Not sure why anyone else is bothered by that given it's a Union FS issue and they brushed it off within minutes.

If you can't recognise that the Holmesdale Fanatics have single-handedly revitalised a whole ground, put on some great tifo displays and have had a huge influence in the success of Crystal Palace over the past few seasons you are either deluded, ignorant or blind.

I find it sad people are so embarrassingly biased towards our own support (even if I do think we have the best home fans now...) that they can't recognise that other teams have decent support too.

It sounded similar on Chelsea forums before last evening's match, but I'm aware of the fact that Everton play better football at the moment:

https://www.grandoldteam.com/forum/threads/everton-v-leicester-fascinating.81607/

Can someone explain that FOXINPEACE kid that Benalouane is primarily a centre-back, not a right-back?

The SI analysis is excellent. I don't know why some of you are getting wound up by the USA Today blog post, though. USA Today is such simple news that it's sold in vending boxes that are made to look like televisions. People only read USA Today in airports and hotels.