Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jonthefox

The "do they mean us?" thread

I don't get the comments from pundits/fans who say we'll get found out or have been lucky and will dip.  We've played 16 games it's not as if we have been scraping wins from set pieces and parking the bus.  Full on attack in every game, scored in every game, only lost once, two of the top three scores in the league.  It's the glory hunters and idiots who haven't witnesses their team do badly (Chelsea/Man city) or are still in denial that their team is a mess and living on past glories (Man Utd)  

Also I don't understand how it can be a bad thing for football and the Prem for smaller teams to get better and challenge.  In any other walks of life people kick off when a handful of large companies dominate and bully but not when it comes to sport. 

Man City fans seem to forget that they are only where they are because of all the money they had pumped into them in the last few years, Man Utd and Chelsea the same.  Arsenal (who I want to win if we slip up) have been building steadily and adding a big player a year rather unlike the other clubs who drop 30m+ on several at a time.  

I agree. It's fantastic to see the old hierarchy being shaken up. Even if it all goes pear-shaped before the end of the season, what's happened so far gives us all hope that one day there really could be a name on the PL trophy that isn't one of the few giant clubs.

There's a lot I don't like about American sports, but I do like the more level playing field they have over football. They're set up to help struggling teams more than successful teams, which is a good thing. I always thought more should be done in football to spread the money across the leagues more evenly, but this season makes me think that maybe money isn't as big a factor as people thought it was. Maybe there's a way to run a club in such a way that it can compete with the clubs with budgets that dwarf everyone else's.

I would be absolutely loving this season even if it was a Spurs/Everton/Newcastle in our position. I'd be ecstatic if it was a smaller club than them. As things stand, I still can't quite believe it's us at the top very nearly halfway through the season. As well as we're playing, I do still keep expecting us to drop off at some point, and I would still consider a top-half finish a big success.

I still don't think I'd believe we could finish in the top 4 if we were in this position with a few games left. That's just what supporting a club this size has done to me - I just don't think things like this happen to clubs like this one. However, with us doing so well, already I have some hope that a club that isn't one of the same old few big names will lift the trophy in my lifetime.

Hate Palace, their fans are pussies but always travel in packs for safety. Used to live there and walked past their White Horse sheethole of a pub in Selhurst in a city shirt, had 5 or 6 people come out shouting 'glory hunter' 'facking caaaant' etc after me - thought I was wearing a Chelsea shirt, when I turned round and said its Leicester you F*N morons, got the usual 'youre shit, youre shit, you're not going up, despite the fact we were about 10 points clear at the top of the championship. Also when out on a run had a group of three lads charge in Palace shirt charge into me and knock me into a parked car  cos of wearing City shirt.

The fact that Chelsea got nothing from that match tonight is astonishing and it highlights the importance of luck in football-Leicester were so easily second best for well over half the match yet came out victorious.

From the first post in the Palace thread.

There are a couple fair posts in there from people who quite like us, but the OP is deluded. First half we dominated Chelsea, they didn't get anywhere near Schmeichel. We were on top for a good 10 minutes or so of the second half and then Chelsea woke up.

We did get lucky in that they missed a couple of sitters, there is no doubt that they could have got something from the game, but to say we were second best for more than half of the game is pure nonsense. Someone is very bitter about our success so far.

I don't understand why people (pundits and fans) keep saying "oh just show mahrez down the line or mark him tight an they are rubbish". he's really good at footy. you don't get people saying "oh Barca next week get two men to man mark messi an neymar an they'll finish bottom half". our players are too good to just mark out a game or just block down the line. face it.

• Like 1

Palace are just mad because everyone has forgotten that brief two week period a couple of years ago when the football community cast one or two admiring glances their way. We've stolen their thunder both on and off the pitch and their response is to go full piss ant, which only further betrays their small time mindset.

• Like 1

I don't understand why people (pundits and fans) keep saying "oh just show mahrez down the line or mark him tight an they are rubbish". he's really good at footy. you don't get people saying "oh Barca next week get two men to man mark messi an neymar an they'll finish bottom half". our players are too good to just mark out a game or just block down the line. face it.

Exactly! If it was so easy, then why have all 16 teams this season failed to stop us scoring, and why have 10 of them lost to us?

• Like 1

Crystal Palace fans at the moment make me chuckle:

No problem with them doing well bodes well for us, if Leicester City can be such a force. We're but a Vardy away from them.

No, dear. You'll need a lot more than just "a Vardy" to emulate what we've achieved so far.

Hahahahahahhahaha lol lol lol lol

They actually called We Love You their most original song, a song they copied from some St Pauli / Celtic YouTube videos. lol lol

Absolutely amazing. I love how bitter they are about the fact our home atmosphere and team performances are both everything they think they are.

I mean if we were singing Glad All Over, fair play, but come the **** on. Embarrassing.

Edited by Finnegan

You should have seen one goon on twitter last night. Absolutely brilliant....

@BeingBolasie

Posting this and saying "Proves how poverty leicester are without Vardy and Mahrez".  Said we're a "two man freak show" and that Palace are a "proper team".

attachicon.gifScreen Shot 2015-12-15 at 12.17.43.png

Yeah take away our two best players and make us play with 9 men, whilst everyone else gets to keep their best two players. Yep proves a lot that table. lol

lol What morons, thats like saying take out Robin Van Persie and Wayne Rooney when Utd won the league a couple of seasons ago, utter jealous bollocks.

People really underestimate how much context of a game impacts scores. Like if Mahrez and Vards weren't banging in the goals we need, other players would be far more likely to score. When we are chasing games we are more likely to score in general, it just happens that it's been those two doing the business. Similarly, last night you cannot say Chelsea dominated half the game, we just sat back on our two goal lead and they pushed more men forward. If we hadn't have already been 2 up it wouldn't have gone like that. 

People just twisting reality any way they can so they don't have to admit we are decent.

@BeingBolasie

Posting this and saying "Proves how poverty leicester are without Vardy and Mahrez".  Said we're a "two man freak show" and that Palace are a "proper team".

Yeah take away our two best players and make us play with 9 men, whilst everyone else gets to keep their best two players. Yep proves a lot that table. lol

:xmaslaugh:  :xmaslaugh: :xmaslaugh:  brilliant!!  

That's a shit forum as well. Guess their 14 year old ultras are not very good at web design.

Appreciate Palace fans are a load of jebends but tbf there are no '14 year old ultras' there. Their group is now 10 years old so I would imagine they are mostly late 20s/early 30s by now.

@BeingBolasie

Playing every game with 9 men and we still wouldn't be bottom like everyone predicted!!

You cannot be a 2 man team and be top of the Prem. You just can't. 

People need to stop basing their opinions on fantasy football and just accept we have quality all over the pitch. 

It's so strange reading how deluded and begrudging people are about our success this year, I absolutely loved seeing Southampton do so well last year. Even if they hate Jamie Vardy and the clappers, you would have thought people would enjoy someone disrupting the big boys. 

Edited by Finchy
  • Like 2