Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jonthefox

The "do they mean us?" thread

The thing is surely it isn't hard for us 'to get found out! We have played the same all season!! They know what we are going to do but they just can't cope with it. When will people stop saying 'their run will end soon' how many teams put a 16 game run together?! It's playing into our hands as I still think teams are under estimating us.

• Like 1

The thing is surely it isn't hard for us 'to get found out! We have played the same all season!! They know what we are going to do but they just can't cope with it. When will people stop saying 'their run will end soon' how many teams put a 16 game run together?! It's playing into our hands as I still think teams are under estimating us.

That idea has bothered me, too. I bet the scouts at Real Madrid could write an essay about Barcelona's style of play. It doesn't stop them getting dicked over, every season. The same applies to us when we overwhelm teams.

I'm gonna post this article because I enjoyed it. http://www.football365.com/news/a-watershed-result-for-leicester-and-chelsea

You're spot on. The arrogant teams can't help but think we're just little old Leicester. Which, of course, does us a favour.

The Chelsea defenders will have been told how Vardy and Mahrez play, but they're too arrogant to actually think they're going to be made to look such twats.

The match thread on The Shed End makes for an interesting reading - notice the initial attitude, followed by the rise in frequency of the term "****ing" used once we took the lead through Vardy.

http://www.theshedend.com/topic/28895-leicester-v-chelsea-mon-14-dec-2000/page-1

Also somewhat funny that many of them have turned into closet Leicester fans - judging by the amount of Chelsea supporters using Mahrez and Vardy in their FPL team. lol

You're spot on. The arrogant teams can't help but think we're just little old Leicester. Which, of course, does us a favour.

The Chelsea defenders will have been told how Vardy and Mahrez play, but they're too arrogant to actually think they're going to be made to look such twats.

Maybe the only side to take us seriously has been Arsenal? They were on it against us.

Maybe the only side to take us seriously has been Arsenal? They were on it against us.

I don't know, Van Gaal changed Man U to a back three just to cope with JV. You can't get more serious than that.

I'm  amazed that no one seems to have sussed out the Albrighton to Mahrez, standing in acres of space cross which is fast becoming our regular goal svoring scenario

We could go through the whole season, with only allowing Arsenal to get the double over us.

That would be a great record...

Arsenals success cwill be saying they got at least the double over the champions.....

Now then, now then!!!!!

• Like 1

Don't think the Arsenal game was about being taken seriously or not, think there is a lot of emphasis put on this and the actual impact of the sentence is practically pointless. They just had one of them days, Sanchez especially, they'd of probably beaten any team in Europe playing like that, stuck 3 past United in 15 minutes or so the following week, was just unlucky for us we caught them on a day when they are unplayable and nobody could of lived with them.

I think Chelsea respected us.

They sat and made us work the ball to get those goals, unlike other teams who have underestimated our ability to counter and have subsequently been bummed.

chelsea were absolutely terrified of us, you could tell from minute one when riyad done about 4 of them that they knew they weren't going to get close to him all night. someone phoned in 5live after and said something about even if neither of them are involved in an attack or they don't produce much good in the attack the amount of fear opposition teams have of them helps us no end.

We had De Laet and Schlupp at full back against Arsenal who left us exposed bombing forward every 10 seconds.

That is why we lost that game.

Pundits and opposing fans alike using that game to discredit us, are stupid.

Edited by foxes21
  • Like 1

We had De Laet and Schlupp at full back against Arsenal who left us exposed bombing forward every 10 seconds.

Indeed ... It is one loss, and we have improved since... I can use many games to discredit many of the other title challengers, and guess what they aren't improving like we have either. Edited by foxes_rule1978

And to think De Laet has been played as a CB...

The match thread on The Shed End makes for an interesting reading - notice the initial attitude, followed by the rise in frequency of the term "****ing" used once we took the lead through Vardy.

http://www.theshedend.com/topic/28895-leicester-v-chelsea-mon-14-dec-2000/page-1

Also somewhat funny that many of them have turned into closet Leicester fans - judging by the amount of Chelsea supporters using Mahrez and Vardy in their FPL team. lol

"Mahrez will now face the best defensive back in the league in Azpi, he won't enjoy this match so much. Vardy will have a tough time facing JT and our young beast Zouma. And if that's not enough, our double locker Ramires-Matic will help them out.

Defensive wise we've improved massively, 4 clean sheets in the last 7 games and only conceded 3 goals in total, plus our giant Tibo is back.

Now it's time to recover our goal scoring confidence and Leicester is a good game to do that, they will attack us which gives us space to counter attack them."

...at the top of page 4.

Couldn't quite believe what I was reading. Mahrez made Azpilicueta look like a pub player for his goal, and it's been clear for all to see for a while now that Terry is well past his sell by date. He was never very quick, but now he's really showing signs of age. I was, as I'm sure many of us were, looking forward to watching JT trying to handle Vardy.