Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jonthefox

The "do they mean us?" thread

Hence the sly pricks comment. Not sure why anyone else is bothered by that given it's a Union FS issue and they brushed it off within minutes.

If you can't recognise that the Holmesdale Fanatics have single-handedly revitalised a whole ground, put on some great tifo displays and have had a huge influence in the success of Crystal Palace over the past few seasons you are either deluded, ignorant or blind.

I find it sad people are so embarrassingly biased towards our own support (even if I do think we have the best home fans now...) that they can't recognise that other teams have decent support too.

This is true, but UFS have done a lot of the same in a fraction of the time without claiming copyright on the entire scene. 

Palace have good support and the HF have been instrumental, but there's little doubt that the KP is louder than Selhurst now and they're rattled to hell about it. If I'm honest, it's the attitude of them that's more annoying than anything else - if it ain't Palace, it's plastic.

• Like 1

This is the problem of success, you finally get some and everyone is jealous.

Let them be jealous, especially those Palace w**kers!

Just reading on Everton's website and there general consensus is the same as everybody else's. We are rubbing really, the bubble will burst and there'll best us on Saturday.

Let them keep underestimating us!

Decent article by McNulty and I'm more than happy for so called pundits writing us off. But his final prediction is Vardy top prem scorer. He can't have that and not have us in his top 4. If Vardy finishes top scorer we will def finish top 4

Phil McNulty admitting he was wrong about us at the start of the season:

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/35098742

Decent article by McNulty and I'm more than happy for so called pundits writing us off. But his final prediction is Vardy top prem scorer. He can't have that and not have us in his top 4. If Vardy finishes top scorer we will def finish top 4

Phil McNulty admitting he was wrong about us at the start of the season:

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/35098742

Why is that? Vardy probably only needs 10 more goals, if that. Considering its mainly him and Riyad contributing the goals I would be interested to know where the others are coming from. Unless Riyad finishes 2nd top.

I've no doubt others will step up when required if Riyad or/and Vardy go off the boil/get injured. Ulloa got 13 in his first season last year, Oka came with a fantastic record in the German top flight and has been playing too deep and too defensively to be a real menace, Krama could well come in to the fold and net a few, central midfielders almost bound to crop up with a few between now and the end of the season, especially if Riyad and/or Jamie get injured as we'll adapt our style of play to suit the personnel, Danny Simpson has come close a few times now, Albrighton can chip in more, Dyer could start a few games and score a few goals. For all the plaudits (and rightly so) Jamie and Riyad get I think if they were out we've enough depth and tactical nous to get other players to do a job as far as goals are concerned.

I don't understand why we take it all so personally, it's not like we can't be cùntish and belittling to other fans/clubs. It's nice seeing a few big clubs knocked off their perch but by and large the general view I get from fans around the country is very positive towards us.

• Like 3

I don't understand why we take it all so personally, it's not like we can't be cùntish and belittling to other fans/clubs. It's nice seeing a few big clubs knocked off their perch but by and large the general view I get from fans around the country is very positive towards us.

I'm good friends with a Man City fan and at first he made the usual condescending "little old Leicester, it'll all be over soon" comments but now he shows genuine concern over our results to the point where he was actually cheering for Chelsea on Monday night.  I loved every second of it, to think just a couple of years ago it was fans of teams like Burnley and QPR hoping we'd lose.

Roger Bennett from Men in Blazers had a special podcast interview with Alan Pardew. At the end Pardew said some interesting things.

When talking about the top of the league: "Leicester, ourselves, Stoke, Southampton, Everton, and Tottenham are chasing hard this year."

And about the fourth Champions League place: "Chelsea have got a lot to do to get there. Then that leaves Liverpool, Everton, and Spurs I think as the three main contenders. Then you also have to look at us, Southampton, and Stoke."

Is he still bitter about Palace's defeat at Leicester? Does he honestly think Southampton and Stoke have a better chance at top 4 right now than us? Or is he just completely writing us off? 

Roger Bennett from Men in Blazers had a special podcast interview with Alan Pardew. At the end Pardew said some interesting things.

When talking about the top of the league: "Leicester, ourselves, Stoke, Southampton, Everton, and Tottenham are chasing hard this year."

And about the fourth Champions League place: "Chelsea have got a lot to do to get there. Then that leaves Liverpool, Everton, and Spurs I think as the three main contenders. Then you also have to look at us, Southampton, and Stoke."

Is he still bitter about Palace's defeat at Leicester? Does he honestly think Southampton and Stoke have a better chance at top 4 right now than us? Or is he just completely writing us off? 

Nah he just knows we're finishing top 3.

• Like 1

It sounded similar on Chelsea forums before last evening's match, but I'm aware of the fact that Everton play better football at the moment:

https://www.grandoldteam.com/forum/threads/everton-v-leicester-fascinating.81607/

Can someone explain that FOXINPEACE kid that Benalouane is primarily a centre-back, not a right-back?

I would understand the comments if it was from 10 games ago but not after 16.  It's the blinkered view from fans of a team who haven't cracked on, showed consistency and taken advantage of teams around them not performing.   A lot seem to think they will smash us as we concede lots of goals/leaky defence/slow etc.  A quick look at the table and results would show them that we have won 5 more games than them, only lost to Arsenal and beaten 5 of the teams they have drawn against.

Whilst I don't think it's an easy game for either of us, I don't think we will get battered.  I think John stones will have a tough time with Vardy and Leo/Shinji, he seems to forget the basics a lot of the time as he tries to play the ball out and go on runs. 

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/danny-drinkwater-injury-midfielder-will-be-badly-missed-by-leicester-a6774556.html

Albrighton said: “Two or three weeks ago, we were told we had a tough run of fixtures playing Manchester United, Swansea and Chelsea, and we’ve come out of that with seven points. Everyone is waiting for us to slip up, but we can’t see where our next loss is coming from.”
  • Like 1

I would understand the comments if it was from 10 games ago but not after 16. It's the blinkered view from fans of a team who haven't cracked on, showed consistency and taken advantage of teams around them not performing. A lot seem to think they will smash us as we concede lots of goals/leaky defence/slow etc. A quick look at the table and results would show them that we have won 5 more games than them, only lost to Arsenal and beaten 5 of the teams they have drawn against.

Whilst I don't think it's an easy game for either of us, I don't think we will get battered. I think John stones will have a tough time with Vardy and Leo/Shinji, he seems to forget the basics a lot of the time as he tries to play the ball out and go on runs.

It's not just 16 games either though is it.

Tag on the end of last season and WOW we must be on the luckiest of lucky streaks the PL has ever seen.

Not convinced some people are over it even now.

Tbf there'll always be that element of 'what if' about the whole thing, but it's safe to say we've reached the point now where nobody can reasonably argue that we'd be doing better than we are now under Pearson.  Would we be doing as well?  The 3-5-2 Pearson grew so fond of towards the end was working very nicely for us but I don't think it would have allowed for the sort of form Mahrez is in now what with the added defensive work required of the wingers in that formation.  It's obvious that Riyad's development has been a key factor to our season so you could therefore infer that Ranieri's done a better job than Pearson of bringing the best out of him by playing him in a formation where he's more free to do his own thing.  Of course you could also point to Kantés arrival and how he's been instrumental in firming up our middle section and ask if using him to allow us to revert to a 4-4-2 isn't exactly what Pearson had in mind anyway when he started the process of signing him, he would have been well aware of his combative defensive qualities after all.

In the end it's all ifs buts and maybes so let's just appreciate the truly magnificent work Nigel did for us and enjoy the barnstorming manner in which Claudio's taken the reigns.