Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jonthefox

The "do they mean us?" thread

I'm amazed that no one seems to have sussed out the Albrighton to Mahrez, standing in acres of space cross which is fast becoming our regular goal svoring scenario

I was even more amazed how easily they were allowed to cut inside in to their stronger foot, Vardy's goal was Mahrez cutting back onto his left, Mahrez's goal came from Albrighton cutting back onto his right and then Mahrez on to his left. Three occasions Chelsea should have shown them down the line and onto their weaker foot.

Fans from:

Arsenal

Crystal Palace

AS Roma

SSC Napoli

Bournemouth AFC

Manchester United

Coventry City

Juventus

Aston Villa

Burnley FC

Stoke City

Barcelona

Exeter City

Liverpool FC
VfL Bochum

Atalanta Bergamo

Doncaster Rovers

Walsall FC

Tottenham Hotspur

Middlesbrough FC

Sunderland AFC

FC Bologna

FC Crotone

SS Lazio

CR Flamengo

SV Werder Bremen

FC Internazionale

AC Milan

FC Porto

all have but good words left for us on the official LCFC Facebook page. We're massive and the following is increasing!

Heck, even Chelsea fans are congratulating us on our current wave of success. And Arsenal fans envy us for Vardy and Mahrez.

We're winning back a lot of disillusioned football fans with our positive style of play. And the Monday evening game was a very good ad for the league, as well.

What's going on? It's such a great time to be a Leicester City FC supporter. Vindication for all the years of hardship!!!

Edited by MC Prussian
  • Like 3

I don't get the comments from pundits/fans who say we'll get found out or have been lucky and will dip.  We've played 16 games it's not as if we have been scraping wins from set pieces and parking the bus.  Full on attack in every game, scored in every game, only lost once, two of the top three scores in the league.  It's the glory hunters and idiots who haven't witnesses their team do badly (Chelsea/Man city) or are still in denial that their team is a mess and living on past glories (Man Utd)  

Also I don't understand how it can be a bad thing for football and the Prem for smaller teams to get better and challenge.  In any other walks of life people kick off when a handful of large companies dominate and bully but not when it comes to sport. 

Man City fans seem to forget that they are only where they are because of all the money they had pumped into them in the last few years, Man Utd and Chelsea the same.  Arsenal (who I want to win if we slip up) have been building steadily and adding a big player a year rather unlike the other clubs who drop 30m+ on several at a time.  

Edited by Richmondfox

I'm  amazed that no one seems to have sussed out the Albrighton to Mahrez, standing in acres of space cross which is fast becoming our regular goal svoring scenario

Mourinho said in his post-match that they had planned to double up on Mahrez and never leave him 1v1, should have had a midfielder closing down his stronger foot. Looks like they just got lazy.

I'm  amazed that no one seems to have sussed out the Albrighton to Mahrez, standing in acres of space cross which is fast becoming our regular goal svoring scenario

Mourinho said in his post-match that they had planned to double up on Mahrez and never leave him 1v1, should have had a midfielder closing down his stronger foot. Looks like they just got lazy.

Hahahahaaa I love how the press still can't really accept what we're doing, but then again it's understandable. No run of the mill club ever does this and not in such vigour. Teams of our stature might punch above their weight with resolute defensive performances but we absolutely rifle teams. We're ruthless and football is going through a massive change and we're the front runners of it. The style of play in the PL had got to a point where it was too monotonous and boring, teams have been cancelling each other out. We though have gone 4-4-2 with lethal pace and finishing and we're leaving everyone behind. Let's hope it's too late when the big clubs wake up and realise they need to change their style. The likes of Man City, Arsenal, Liverpool, Spurs and Everton are all struggling to overcome the dross of this league and yet we polish them off with ease. Away from home we're so good, only once have we failed to score more than 1 goal which is ridiculous. So history might suggest this cannot continue and we'll fall short but then look at what's happening and see past all the cliches and nonsense and we're right in it and in it to stay.

Phil McNulty admitting he was wrong about us at the start of the season:

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/35098742

Glad he admitted his mistake. But he still comes out with a load of tosh. 

He just simply, without justification or evidence dismisses our chances: 

despite being the undisputed team of the season in the opening months of the campaign, it is too much of a stretch to imagine Claudio Ranieri's Leicester upsetting all odds and winning the league.

Then despite not using our form or past seasons as a trajectory for us, he does use deterministic approaches to justify Chelsea being in trouble and Arsenal/Man City being the real title contenders. 

And despite all the evidence saying otherwise he predicts we can't finish in the top 4:

it is with a heavy heart that the prediction is for Leicester City to finish outside the top four

Phil McNulty admitting he was wrong about us at the start of the season:

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/35098742

Terrible read this was. How can he wrote that it's a 2 horse race with Arsenal and City and that we won't even get champions league.

His I was wrong about Leicester about relegation is completely contradictory and proves he is purely based on personal preference and not professionally. We are top of the league with 2 points clear, 9 clear of 5th place yet we are still not worthy to consider threatening within the premier league lol

Clown.

Think they gave up on that plan 20 seconds in after Mahrez nutmegged Hazard as he charged towards him  lol

http://www.holmesdale.net/page.php?id=106&tid=157091

Palace. The MIGHTY Palace. The notorious. The club that strikes fear into every football fan young and old. The self professed LOUDEST CLUB ON EARTH...don't like us.

To be fair, the bit about Steve Claridge I understand, I'd hate him after that glorious play-off winner, but the rest just smacks of bitterness and it's so tedious. Change the record lads, you're not Galatasaray, you're a bunch of 14 year old chavs. 

Also loved this bit: "proper team like Stoke,Villa or Norwich"  :xmaslaugh: 

In all fairness they invented football and wrote the book and how to be a fan, so hats off to them.

Palace. The MIGHTY Palace. The notorious. The club that strikes fear into every football fan young and old. The self professed LOUDEST CLUB ON EARTH...don't like us.

To be fair, the bit about Steve Claridge I understand, I'd hate him after that glorious play-off winner, but the rest just smacks of bitterness and it's so tedious. Change the record lads, you're not Galatasaray, you're a bunch of 14 year old chavs. 

Also loved this bit: "proper team like Stoke,Villa or Norwich"  :xmaslaugh: 

Not even going to bother reading that, couldn't care less what they think. 

Edit; also just seen they're accusing us of trying to be something we're not? :xmaslaugh: , they're the biggest pretenders in the league. 

Edited by Sol thewall Bamba

the last post saying we are easy to play against and giving the tactics everyone should use. the exact tactics palace tried to use against us AND STILL LOST hahah I hate them more than any other clubs I hate put together. stupid cu nts.

Also loved this bit: "proper team like Stoke,Villa or Norwich"  :xmaslaugh:[/size] [/size]

I'm surprised he managed to type that through the tears. lol

Thing is, how Pardew set them up resulted in them not being able to create anything. At best they could have got a draw.

Sit back like palace & we will find a way to sore. You could rely on set pieces if your Tony Pulis.

I think the best way to play against us would be to go 4-4-2, man for man and try match our energy and intensity. Which is impossible :)