Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jonthefox

The "do they mean us?" thread

I don't know why people assume we'll de badly in the CL. If we can keep the team together and are seeded we should at least get out of the group stage.

I've said this, we should at least get third and continue to the EL under those circumstances.

Look at Chelsea's, for example.

Chelsea

Dynamo Kiev

Porto

Maccabi Tel Aviv

I think people forget that, beyond the likes of Barca, Real, Bayern and PSG, there are actually a fair few average teams in the CL from average leagues. Chelsea made the knockout stage from that group despite having an absolute abortion of a domestic season, Wolfsburg are in the quarter final despite being 8th in the Bundesliga and Gent managed to outdo Valencia and Lyon. That's before you start looking at the teams in the group stage this year like Malmo, Maccabi Tel Aviv, Astana, BATE Borisov and Dinamo Zagreb.

With a few additions that are almost certain to come in the summer, it'd be tough not to fancy an on form Leicester side against many of the teams mentioned.

I'd imagine he means the use of 'yid'.

And the Sol Campbell stuff.

I notice one of them's now blaming our fans for their decision to display a collective endless torrent of bile and hate.  They really have no self awareness at all do they? lol

I'd imagine he means the use of 'yid'.

Ah. Well it's well known that other clubs notably West Ham and Chelsea used to use the word as an insult. We just started to call ourselves that to negate it. I'm not a fan of the word, but even the Met police have admitted it's not an offence to use it in chants inside the ground.

Oh wow. This surprises me greatly.

Considering they've probably only got a handful of bets on it to start with and already cashed out most of, if not all the big ones. It's probably a move that costs them little.

Oh wow. This surprises me greatly.

They often do these publicity stunts.

Leicester winning the league is probably a fantastic result for all bookies except those local to Leicester. None but Leicester fans and the mad will have had us at 5000/1, and the favourites of Chelsea, Manchester City and Manchester United were all but out of it weeks or even months ago. This means that the book heavily favours the bookie as the big money bets are dead and only a few small, speculative bets remain. The majority of those on Leicester will have bet on us at a time where all the value has been eked out of the bet, after all. 

Reg how does it feel posting in a forum where we don't go off the handle calling each other every curse word under the sun at the slightest sense of disagreement? Must be a pleasant change of pace no doubt, feel free to rest here as long as you like :)

Unless we're talking politics.

They often do these publicity stunts.

Leicester winning the league is probably a fantastic result for all bookies except those local to Leicester. None but Leicester fans and the mad will have had us at 5000/1, and the favourites of Chelsea, Manchester City and Manchester United were all but out of it weeks or even months ago. This means that the book heavily favours the bookie as the big money bets are dead and only a few small, speculative bets remain. The majority of those on Leicester will have bet on us at a time where all the value has been eked out of the bet, after all.

Bookies can make a publicity stunt out of us winning the title.

Because the 5000/1 for a quid or 20 quid looks like a huge win.

But they will have taken 200k on Chelsea or man city at evens.

Sadly I don't understand Spanish. Does that mean Iker wants to warm Leicester's bench for Kasper? I could live with that

Each one has a passion for his club but all (albeit slightly) feel to the @@lcfc like ours! INCREDIBLE!

• Like 1

Unless we're talking politics.

Sssh he's got no reason to look at that part of the forum (but even if he does it's still infinitely more civil than the way they treat each other on the cock site).

I like how they keep consoling themselves that we'll definitely drop off next year as though we don't have a load of players with years left in them.  Realistically who's going to see a drastic dip in their physical ability next season presuming we keep them all?  Kasper's got years as a top GK left.  Our defence is all going to be 30-33 which shouldn't be an issue with our tactics, and none of our midfield regulars are older than 27.  Our strikers will all hit 30 next season but they all look to have at least one more good season in them.  Then of course we've got Gray and Amartey (and Moore?) coming through so really we only need to make a couple of first-team signings  to keep our performance levels up.  Going to be a lot of disappointed Londoners next year methinks.

• Like 1

Bookies can make a publicity stunt out of us winning the title.

Because the 5000/1 for a quid or 20 quid looks like a huge win.

But they will have taken 200k on Chelsea or man city at evens.

Absolutely - it's unlikely that such a thing will ever happen again.

There'll be 5000/1 shots next season as people queue up to lump cash on Bournemouth and Brighton in the hope that they'll 'do a Leicester,' Of course, they will be 5000/1 for a good reason.

That's a point - I wonder what our odds will be next season?

And the Sol Campbell stuff.

I notice one of them's now blaming our fans for their decision to display a collective endless torrent of bile and hate.  They really have no self awareness at all do they? lol

The Campbell song is not meant to be racist (but I can see why people think that). The 'hanging from a tree' stuff is a reference to his suggested suicidal behaviour evidenced by his remarkable exit at half-time when playing West Ham in 2006 - England doesn't have a history of lynching as you know. It's just a word that rhymes with 'be'.

The Campbell song is not meant to be racist (but I can see why people think that). The 'hanging from a tree' stuff is a reference to his suggested suicidal behaviour evidenced by his remarkable exit at half-time when playing West Ham in 2006 - England doesn't have a history of lynching as you know. It's just a word that rhymes with 'be'.

Entirely fine then.

• Like 1

Oh well that's ok then.  :rolleyes:

Edit: Damn beaten to it :D

Edited by Carl the Llama

Whilst we're at it, lynching doesn't mean to hang someone from tree. It means to exact mob justice in the form of murder, with race as a pretence, which happened and will continue to happen regularly in England. As you know.

Probably the dogs abuse Campbell got, and the whole being one of the fan bases most regularly given banning orders for racist chanting...

Er? Banning orders? As I said in another post the Met have stated it's not an offence to chant 'Yids' in the ground. I think you're confusing us with Chelsea and West Ham. The Belsen chants and hissing and other vile stuff. Obviously I'm not going to convince you, but I've never heard racist chanting from our fans at the Lane - unless you count the Yids stuff.

I've honestly never heard of banning orders, I could be wrong though. A couple of Southampton fans copped them when we played there earlier in the season though, is that what you're thinking of?