Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jonthefox

The "do they mean us?" thread

Two contentious talking points from the game at the King Power Stadium yesterday, and I think Michael Oliver gets them both right.

There is a speed and intensity about Jamie Vardy’s tackle on Steven Davis, but his feet are low and directed at the ball and so it is not a red-card offence for me. For the tackle to fall into that category the referee must be convinced that the player is using excessive force and is endangering an opponent, and I don’t think that is the case. It falls short of serious foul play in my opinion.

Oliver was also right in not giving a penalty for the Danny Simpson handball incident. The ball travels a short distance, Simpson’s arms are moving but are not in an unnatural position and, crucially, if the ball had not hit his arm it would have hit him in the belly.

He is not denying an obvious goalscoring opportunity so the decision was correct.

Trying to determine intent is very difficult and an area in which it is hard to achieve consistency.

Words by Howard Webb, former World Cup referee and BT Sport pundit

I think this should really be then end of all debate and Danny Murphy should read it and acknowledge that this man knows more about the laws of the game and refereeing than he does.

It is in today's Times.

Made me laugh this morning there was an article in the Mail online (I think) about us benefiting from decisions, the article then goes on to Quote Graham Poll... who said neither was a penalty. How on earth can you be seen as "benefiting" from a correct decision?

Apparently listing tweets from bitter Spurs and Arsenal fans is now classed as journalism.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2016/04/03/leicester-conspiracy-theorists-rage-at-cheating-and-referees-fai/

Is this bloke having a laugh? Surely he is.

"Whatever one's view of the incidents, they are surely too subjective to be held against the officials in question as examples of poor conduct.

Those who want an inquiry will have to wait until later in Leicester's run-in - as the FA and the referees union, and all the others, have to resort to ever more extreme measures to keep Leicester City at the Premier League summit.Keep faith, the powers-that-be will undoubtedly incriminate themselves."

Why no mention of Smallings hand ball block against Everton, that seemed closer to a pen for me, but on balance correctly not given.

The so called experts aren't pulling that decision apart which earnt Yanited two points!

• Like 1

Made me laugh this morning there was an article in the Mail online (I think) about us benefiting from decisions, the article then goes on to Quote Graham Poll... who said neither was a penalty. How on earth can you be seen as "benefiting" from a correct decision?

"It's not fair, Leicester don't have the refs conspiring against them" lol 

Apparently listing tweets from bitter Spurs and Arsenal fans is now classed as journalism.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2016/04/03/leicester-conspiracy-theorists-rage-at-cheating-and-referees-fai/

"Whatever one's view of the incidents, they are surely too subjective to be held against the officials in question as examples of poor conduct.

Those who want an inquiry will have to wait until later in Leicester's run-in - as the FA and the referees union, and all the others, have to resort to ever more extreme measures to keep Leicester City at the Premier League summit.Keep faith, the powers-that-be will undoubtedly incriminate themselves."

I think he's trying to say that the tweets he's quoted are all biased bitter supporters.

Why no mention of Smallings hand ball block against Everton, that seemed closer to a pen for me, but on balance correctly not given.

The so called experts aren't pulling that decision apart which earnt Yanited two points!

That's because Man Yoo are massive and deserve a breakaway European league, and we're shitty little Leicester who have taken this joke way too far now.

I can almost see the froth coming from the mouths of those holding out for us to screw this title tilt up. Between it and all the salt spewing from every Tottenham orifice, It looks like it's snowed in North London right now.

lol my god what rubbish will people come up with next, sorry that we aren't conceding penalties through bad decisions from the ref... we can't help the ref has got it right yet again

Sometimes I think it would be better if we went back to the stone age, where people like that would probably have died either at birth... or at a very young age at least, thanks to them being too thick to feed themselves.

You can just picture the virgin sat in his mums back bedroom, claiming benefits, wanking into his socks, posting utter shite like that... and watching 9/11 conspiracy videos on loop.

• Like 1

Sometimes I think it would be better if we went back to the stone age, where people like that would probably have died either at birth... or at a very young age at least, thanks to them being too thick to feed themselves.

You can just picture the virgin sat in his mums back bedroom, claiming benefits, wanking into his socks, posting utter shite like that... and watching 9/11 conspiracy videos on loop.

I would be worried if he was a relative or employee of mine.  I love that his proof is quoting his own work that doesn't give any evidence just his opinion.  He seems to believe we were the most unfit team last season for some reason so can't believe we are better this year.

Alternatively the non "select 10" refs are more likely to show bias towards the big names while the "select 10" are more likely to make unbiased correct calls during matches. lol

His comment of ''I know it's not happened yet, but someone will come a long and give Leicester a bloody nose, then we'll see if they can bounce back''

We lost to arsenal 5-2! We hit straight back, we lost to Liverpool and the same thing happened! Get a grip you usless ****!

To be fair he also said, more than once, that we've always bounced back. He was very inconsistent with his punditry and I agree with the comments about him looking frail. Fantastic player in his day though.

Has anyone seen what the sick United fan have been saying about vardys lil girl?

My post got deleted before

http://www.101greatgoals.com/blog/messed-leicester-star-jamie-vardy-tweets-abuse-5-year-old-daughter-received/

Fvcking hell that is seriously messed up, I thought it would be a something that could be consider "bad taste banter", but that is some seriously fvcked up comments. How can anyone sit there and write those words and not think "hang on  a minute that is a child I'm talking about, probably shouldn't tweet that".

Why anyone bothers with twitter is beyond me.  

Interesting that the one clearly incorrect decision in the game - the ref's failure to red card the guy who cynically took out Vardy and denied him a clear goalscoring opportunity - seems to have bypassed the media and punditry completely.

Also didn't feature in Koeman's post-match "analysis", but then he has previous as a player for such a synical approach to the game (for those with a long memory for a particular eng-Holland game where he should have been sent off but stayed on to score the winner).

Jee whiz I don't know whether to laugh or cry, The entitlement that some teams think they have is unreal and they just keep trying to find a different way to find fault with us. I will be the first to admit we have had a very fortunate season in terms of Injuries but is that our fault? Should we be docked points because we have a solid team that has not had too may injury problems?

It really is pathetic and I cant for the life of me understand this divine right some of these teams so called fans think they have, I know for a fact if West ham or Southampton or even Spurs (before they showed their true colours) where in our position I would be gunning for them to win the title if we were not in contention, It this sense of entitlement that makes me sick look at all the money for signings and huge wages these teams pay and they fall short  so they have to have been cheated its just not fair we deserve it we are the big clubs. I really do hope we win the title so much to put a end to all these elitism. I hope it changes the League for good and the usual suspects start to feel the pressure from the start of next season realising there is not a big difference between them and all teams like us when you get a good manager a team that will fight for each other and some truly talented players.

It just seems that they want to tarnish what we might achieve in anyway without realizing what it says about them with their bottomless pockets and so called world class players.

The times are a changin.

• Like 1

Those who want an inquiry will have to wait until later in Leicester's run-in - as the FA and the referees union, and all the others, have to resort to ever more extreme measures to keep Leicester City at the Premier League summit.Keep faith, the powers-that-be will undoubtedly incriminate themselves."

Have you read the caption on the top photo? Clearly he's having a laugh...