Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jonthefox

The "do they mean us?" thread

Hahaha what a bunch of absolute losers. The worst is the **** with the tape over his mouth in the display photo, trying to articulate absolute nonsense. They really are convinced the world is against them and they have a divine right to be champions because the teams that usually finished above them are garbage this year. 

Interesting that the one clearly incorrect decision in the game - the ref's failure to red card the guy who cynically took out Vardy and denied him a clear goalscoring opportunity - seems to have bypassed the media and punditry completely.

Also didn't feature in Koeman's post-match "analysis", but then he has previous as a player for such a synical approach to the game (for those with a long memory for a particular eng-Holland game where he should have been sent off but stayed on to score the winner).

This is why  other fans think we have had no decisions go against us, because Ranieri doesn't use press conferences to bleat on and on about ref decisions. So many managers try to detract from their own poor performance by talking about 50/50 decisions. Admittedly he doesn't need to do that as we are top of the league, but even when bad decisions have cost us games. Simpson red card, Gestede handball, penalty against Dyer in the FA Cup he doesn't use it as an excuse. He could have brought up the Wanyama incident yesterday, and many others during the season  where we have been given poor decisions but he doesn't. 

As a team we also don't surround the ref questioning every decision arguing the toss over every call.

• Like 1

This is why  other fans think we have had no decisions go against us, because Ranieri doesn't use press conferences to bleat on and on about ref decisions. So many managers try to detract from their own poor performance by talking about 50/50 decisions. Admittedly he doesn't need to do that as we are top of the league, but even when bad decisions have cost us games. Simpson red card, Gestede handball, penalty against Dyer in the FA Cup he doesn't use it as an excuse. He could have brought up the Wanyama incident yesterday, and many others during the season  where we have been given poor decisions but he doesn't. 

As a team we also don't surround the ref questioning every decision arguing the toss over every call.

We don't need to because we know the ref's only doing it to distract from the fact he's helping make sure we win.  :whistle:  

Could've sworn Shrewsbury's pronounced as though theres a v, Shrovesbury?

That was a bad example, not even the people of Shrewsbury can agree how it's pronounced. About 80% claim it's Shroos-bry, the rest Shrows-bry (what I always thought it was) - even the mayor is in the minority of "Shrows-bry". The "v" isn't mentioned, but I have heard it called Shrovesbury too!

http://www.shropshirestar.com/news/2015/06/27/shrowsbury-or-shroosbury-the-results-are-in/shrewsbury-pronuncuation-25-jr-11-jpg/

I suppose it is a bit odd, "ham" ending a place name here is always pronounced "um" (Birmingham, Nottingham, Tottenham, Rotherham etc), "shire" is always pronounced "sheer" when part of a place name but always pronounced "shi-er" when on its own. Burrough, spelt as "-borough", "-boro" etc - pronounced as "bruh" when ending a placename, or "burruh" when starting or appearing on its own

Last time I phoned up to renew my insurance, the lady couldn't get her head around "Birstall" - "...Beerers-dall?"

"Exposing corruption..." lol

"... since 2006..." lol

And then has the nerve of using stats in an attempt at somehow support his crude theory.

You can prove anything with stats - but corruption, I highly doubt it.

EDIT: Someone else has also done some more research on the guy:

https://footballtaxhavens.wordpress.com/2015/05/04/footballisfixed-tries-to-fix-up-rangers-and-ends-up-fixing-up-celtic/

Edited by MC Prussian
  • Like 1

That was a bad example, not even the people of Shrewsbury can agree how it's pronounced. About 80% claim it's Shroos-bry, the rest Shrows-bry (what I always thought it was) - even the mayor is in the minority of "Shrows-bry". The "v" isn't mentioned, but I have heard it called Shrovesbury too!

http://www.shropshirestar.com/news/2015/06/27/shrowsbury-or-shroosbury-the-results-are-in/shrewsbury-pronuncuation-25-jr-11-jpg/

I suppose it is a bit odd, "ham" ending a place name here is always pronounced "um" (Birmingham, Nottingham, Tottenham, Rotherham etc), "shire" is always pronounced "sheer" when part of a place name but always pronounced "shi-er" when on its own. Burrough, spelt as "-borough", "-boro" etc - pronounced as "bruh" when ending a placename, or "burruh" when starting or appearing on its own

Last time I phoned up to renew my insurance, the lady couldn't get her head around "Birstall" - "...Beerers-dall?"

So it's not just Berstall? Huh.

Belvoir's my favourite go to fuch with your head word.  At my previous place of work everyone was an Anglophone and yet none of them believe that it sounds like an aquatic mammal.  As if I'd just make it up for shits n giggles lol

• Like 3

Has anyone seen what the sick United fan have been saying about vardys lil girl?

My post got deleted before

http://www.101greatgoals.com/blog/messed-leicester-star-jamie-vardy-tweets-abuse-5-year-old-daughter-received/

His own account's now been either deleted or he's deleted it himself. Probably fearing heavy repercussions.

That was some really sick stuff aimed at a little girl.

Judging by his first name, the idiot's probably Indian or with Indian heritage. India, one of many countries with some serious issues when it comes to sexuality, as numerous acts of violence against women and female tourists have proven.

Twitter is the base for modern stupidity to continue breeding. Some proper half-wits on there.

I can't be bothered using it myself. Only useful if you've got something interesting to say or show.

Only useful if you've got something interesting to say or show.

As an ex-Primary teacher I can attest that no one EVER has anything interesting to say or show.

Ever.

Pretty sure someone said he shouldn't post his daughter on twitter because you should expect comments like that.

Erm.  No.  Nobody should conceive of that behaviour let alone have others alter their own social interactions to accommodate it.  Hopefully the authorities are closing in on the sick pair of cvnts.

Ok we all know Garth Crooks is a twat so let's not get upset about it, instead just have a giggle at him putting Morgan in his team of the week then refusing to say anything nice about him. lol lol

Literally, this is the entry:

It was only "a bit of a push" that led to Wes Morgan's winning goal against Southampton, said former Manchester United goalkeeper Peter Schmeichel. It was a clear push and referee Michael Oliver should have seen it.

Similarly, Southampton were entitled to a penalty when Sadio Mane rounded Kasper Schmeichel only to see Foxes full-back Danny Simpson clear the ball off the line with his arm. At this point, Leicester should have been down to 10 men. Two major calls have put Leicester City in an unprecedented position - but you can't blame Morgan or Simpson for that.

Crooks is another ex Tottenham player. Him, Waddle, Hoddle, Souness etc are quite clearly biased towards Spurs. I have no problem with that. But I don't understand how they can't be objective in their analysis. I hate Spurs but if you pay me to talk about football I am capable of setting my biases aside and do a proper fair and objective analysis on Tottenham.

Spurs might be a bigger club than us but they do have a small time mentality. Maybe that's the result of being in the shadow of their neighbours since forever.

There's a cracking picture of a pair of our fans on BBC sportsday

01acde71-1a79-4c54-b901-16dfdc00d0f7.jpg

Cue the collective sigh of relief that nobody snapped their own post-match reaction :D

I know someone who knows them... fair to say the lads getting a fair amount of stick :D

http://www.teamtalk.com/news/ref-review-the-incorrect-decisions-from-week-32?

Shame there's no mention of the possible red instead of yellow for the Southampton player, probably because we didn't moan about it.

Southampton penalty appeal No 1 v Leicester: Saints boss Ronald Koeman felt massively aggrieved that his side had not only been denied a penalty, but also that Leicester weren’t reduced to 10 men when Sadio Mane rounded Kasper Schmeichel and saw his goalbound shot hit the elbow of Danny Simpson. This was a tough one to call, but our panel felt that, by the letter of the law, the ball struck Simpson’s arm and he did not make an unnatural movement to deliberately block the shot. In the end, we voted 4-1 in favour of the referee being right, while the lack of Southampton appeals, was also fairly telling. Verdict: Correct decision

Jamie Vardy red card escape v Southampton: The England striker was perhaps lucky to escape punishment when he caught Steven Davis with an ugly-looking lunge after he lost possession of the ball. Saints players certainly felt Vardy was reckless with his challenge, but we again sided with the Foxes here and felt the player won the ball cleanly and it was worthy of a yellow card at best. Verdict: Correct decision

Southampton penalty appeal No 2 v Leicester: Robert Huth saw a Charlie Austin cross blasted at him from close range, with the ball deflecting out for a corner after hitting his hand. Once again, and while we have seen these given over the course of the season, there was no deliberate action and once again, the officials were dead right. Verdict: Correct decision

Shame there's no mention of the possible red instead of yellow for the Southampton player, probably because we didn't moan about it.

Southampton penalty appeal No 1 v Leicester: Saints boss Ronald Koeman felt massively aggrieved that his side had not only been denied a penalty, but also that Leicester weren’t reduced to 10 men when Sadio Mane rounded Kasper Schmeichel and saw his goalbound shot hit the elbow of Danny Simpson. This was a tough one to call, but our panel felt that, by the letter of the law, the ball struck Simpson’s arm and he did not make an unnatural movement to deliberately block the shot. In the end, we voted 4-1 in favour of the referee being right, while the lack of Southampton appeals, was also fairly telling. Verdict: Correct decision

Jamie Vardy red card escape v Southampton: The England striker was perhaps lucky to escape punishment when he caught Steven Davis with an ugly-looking lunge after he lost possession of the ball. Saints players certainly felt Vardy was reckless with his challenge, but we again sided with the Foxes here and felt the player won the ball cleanly and it was worthy of a yellow card at best. Verdict: Correct decision

Southampton penalty appeal No 2 v Leicester: Robert Huth saw a Charlie Austin cross blasted at him from close range, with the ball deflecting out for a corner after hitting his hand. Once again, and while we have seen these given over the course of the season, there was no deliberate action and once again, the officials were dead right. Verdict: Correct decision

That's all way too rational for readers based in North London, is there a dumbed down version available for them? 

Red card for Vardy? Let's just call football a non-contact sport now.

Both Davies and Vardy went for a 50/50 ball. Vardy won. Davies said "fair play", then Fonte comes in trying to make something out of nothing.

• Like 1

There's a cracking picture of a pair of our fans on BBC sportsday

01acde71-1a79-4c54-b901-16dfdc00d0f7.jpg

Cue the collective sigh of relief that nobody snapped their own post-match reaction :D

I know someone who knows them... fair to say the lads getting a fair amount of stick :D

I don't care, if we win the title I WILL be a blubbering wreck!  I already feel a bit emotional each time the final whistles goes, if we do win it'll just lead to a massive out pour of relief, tension and emotion!  It's all a bit too much to take.

In regards to the whole referees conspiring with us, it's just another excuse.  Some people will always want others to fail and will never give credit where it is due.  It's just bitterness of the highest order.

First it was an easy start.  Haven't played anyone decent yet.

Then it was all about Vardy.  Then it was about Vardy and Mahrez.  Then it was about Vardy, Mahrez and Kante.

Then it was a tough run over Xmas.

Then it was a tough run after Xmas.

Then it was our players wouldn't handle the pressure.

It's been excuse after excuse (or lack of in this case) digging around and trying to find reasons for their dislike of the "Leicester fairytale"

• Like 1

Red card for Vardy? Let's just call football a non-contact sport now.

Both Davies and Vardy went for a 50/50 ball. Vardy won. Davies said "fair play", then Fonte comes in trying to make something out of nothing.

I agree with this brilliant tackle however in todays game I could see why it should be a red and wouldn't of been any complaints from me like you said football - it's a non contact sport now. Shame.

The ref asked Davis if he saw anything wrong with Vardy tackle and he said no and laughed which is good to see..

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/35955757/comments?postId=124200418&initial_page_size=20#comment_124200418

236. Posted byDan

on15 minutes ago

IF the foxes don't prove beyond all doubt that this wonder season has nothing to do with steroids then its got to be a write off. Dark day for football and sport in general

lol 

Even if they had of mentioned the possible red for Wanyama, i think they would have come to the same conclusion and agreed with the ref. Vardy's touch was too heavy and away from him, hence only a yellow, if it had been closer to him then it would have been a red but the ref got all the big decisions correct yesterday. Not often i say that!

Most papers have ex-referees to talk about contentious decisions and none of them think that either "handball" warranted penalties and all of them thought Vardy's tackle warranted anything serious.

Yes, because guilty until proven innocent is how things should work...

No mention of Chelsea's tainted title wins, or Arsenal's tainted Leagues, FA Cups, Champions league quarter finals, nor Birmingham City's tainted... erm... accent :dunno:

Step forward Garth Crooks, always the voice of reason:

"It was only "a bit of a push" that led to Wes Morgan's winning goal against Southampton, said former Manchester United goalkeeper Peter Schmeichel. It was a clear push and referee Michael Oliver should have seen it.

Similarly, Southampton were entitled to a penalty when Sadio Mane rounded Kasper Schmeichel only to see Foxes full-back Danny Simpson clear the ball off the line with his arm. At this point, Leicester should have been down to 10 men. Two major calls have put Leicester City in an unprecedented position - but you can't blame Morgan or Simpson for that."

and the bbc pay this guy a wage