Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jonthefox

The "do they mean us?" thread

Imagine the frustration at Arse central if we do win the league and they did the double over us - just increases the utter failure of their season. Quite delightful if it happens.

Not really mate pretty much all of us Arsenal fans conceded the league after we were beaten by that ultimate poverty side Manchester Utd 3-2 after all that hard work bearly beating you guys 2-1 we threw it away in a matter of weeks afterwards.

Id rather Leicester win the League then Spurs but overall I couldn't care less cause it's not us.

This is Wengers darkest moment if you ask me hand the league handed to him on and plate and Cladio and Leicester totally wiped the floor with him with all his

own principles. Low cost signings, Youth, steady management, good scouting ect...

Edited by WJH

Not really mate pretty much all of us Arsenal fans conceded the league after we were beaten by that ultimate poverty side Manchester Utd 3-2 after all that hard work bearly beating you guys 2-1 we threw it away in a matter of weeks afterwards.

Id rather Leicester win the League then Spurs but overall I couldn't care less cause it's not us.

This is Wengers darkest moment if you ask me hand the league handed to him on and plate and Cladio and Leicester totally wiped the floor with him with all his

own principles. Low cost signings, Youth, steady management, good scouting ect...

Come on, this is why people think your lot sound entitled.

Yes the usual suspects are lower down the table having accrued fewer points than most would predict but that's because of competition from other teams, plus there's a team in the league who have only lost 3 games so far, accruing more points along the way than Arsenal managed by this point last year.  We laugh and joke about same old Arsenal but tbh if anything, Wenger's responded the best of the 'big 4' managers to the shift in competitiveness within the league.

I realise you acknowledge the work out team have done but that choice of words that I highlighted comes off as arrogant.

Come on, this is why people think your lot sound entitled.

Yes the usual suspects are lower down the table having accrued fewer points than most would predict but that's because of competition from other teams, plus there's a team in the league who have only lost 3 games so far, accruing more points along the way than Arsenal managed by this point last year. We laugh and joke about same old Arsenal but tbh if anything, Wenger's responded the best of the 'big 4' managers to the shift in competitiveness within the league.

I realise you acknowledge the work out team have done but that choice of words that I highlighted comes off as arrogant.

We're not just talking about points and form of teams tho matey. We're talking about Wenger being the only manager in Europe refusing to sign an outfield player.

Remember when the summer transfer window closed then Arsenal realesed a statement next day saying Webeck would be out for 5 months the club knew we only had one striker but refused to act.

Partly why we conceded the title this year is cause Wenger burnt his players out like he always does. We have not seen Wilshere all season. We lost Cazorla mid way and won't see him again now till next season Alexis was out for 6 weeks in such an important spell but this happens every single season and nobody ever seems to learn from their Mistakes at Arsenal. Leicester have been lucky this season with injuries just like Chelsea last year.

Imagine the frustration at Arse central if we do win the league and they did the double over us - just increases the utter failure of their season. Quite delightful if it happens.

They shouldn't feel frustrated. The fact they've done the double over us means we've been 14 points better than them in the other games. That's not a gap, that's a chasm. They've been awful.

We're not just talking about points and form of teams tho matey. We're talking about Wenger being the only manager in Europe refusing to sign an outfield player.

Remember when the summer transfer window closed then Arsenal realesed a statement next day saying Webeck would be out for 5 months the club knew we only had one striker but refused to act.

Partly why we conceded the title this year is cause Wenger burnt his players out like he always does. We have not seen Wilshere all season. We lost Cazorla mid way and won't see him again now till next season Alexis was out for 6 weeks in such an important spell but this happens every single season and nobody ever seems to learn from their Mistakes at Arsenal. Leicester have been lucky this season with injuries just like Chelsea last year.

lol No; your sports-science needs a serious revamp, it's not normal for players to sustain damage so consistently.

But yeah you probably could have done with another striker and about 4 new midfielders for the inevitably injury crisis.

Being in the title race I've come to like Chelsea fans. They were getting the same "boring" and "anti football" crap last season. They also got it when they won the Champions League few years back. Right now I see Chelsea fan saying the way Leicester are winning reminds them of their own side in years gone by, and they're giving us so many compliments. That means a lot because I'd rather listen to a set of fans who have actually won titles in recent years than a bunch of wannabes who consistently bottle it.

If we were fighting for the title with Chelsea instead of Spurs we would get a lot more respect and acknowledgement. Not that we need it but it just goes to show the mentality of certain fan bases

Being in the title race I've come to like Chelsea fans. They were getting the same "boring" and "anti football" crap last season. They also got it when they won the Champions League few years back. Right now I see Chelsea fan saying the way Leicester are winning reminds them of their own side in years gone by, and they're giving us so many compliments. That means a lot because I'd rather listen to a set of fans who have actually won titles in recent years than a bunch of wannabes who consistently bottle it.

If we were fighting for the title with Chelsea instead of Spurs we would get a lot more respect and acknowledgement. Not that we need it but it just goes to show the mentality of certain fan bases

I know a few Chelsea ST holders living down here and they're all right behind us this season. It's a combination of their hatred for Spurs and Arsenal but also a lot of love still for Ranieri and what he did for them. They also remember when they were shit back in the day so have a bit of that Man City type of grounding about them.

Souness came through at Tottenham. And Waddle and Hoddle played for them hence they are biased in favour of Spurs. Micky Hazard is on Twitter still saying Leicester will finish 3rd and Spurs will win the title. Bit deluded but hey, that's the team they support. Tony Cottee wants Leicester to win so does Collymore and others.

I don't expect pundits connected to Tottenham to be anything other than pro Spurs.

Souness should be sacked as a pundit, aren't these experts suppose to give us an insight that is unbiased and factual. As much as I hate someone like Barton at least when he is on the panel he does seem to have done his homework

Edited by foxes_rule1978

I'm glad someone has picked up on this. He was talking total bollux on Sky today and just couldn't bring himself to acknowledge we can win the league. On a side note, I thought he looked really poorly. I know he's had heart issues in the past but he seemed ill and frail today. I wonder if he's on meds and they're fvcking with his mind? Something not right...

His comment of ''I know it's not happened yet, but someone will come a long and give Leicester a bloody nose, then we'll see if they can bounce back''

We lost to arsenal 5-2! We hit straight back, we lost to Liverpool and the same thing happened! Get a grip you usless ****!

Edited by GLC
  • Like 1

We lost 5-2 to Arsenal. Our following results:

Norwich 1-2 Leicester

Southampton 2-2 Leicester

Leicester 1-0 Palace

West Brom 2-3 Leicester

Leicester 2-1 Watford

Newcastle 0-3 Leicester

Do these pundits even do their research before they talk?

Souness came through at Tottenham. And Waddle and Hoddle played for them hence they are biased in favour of Spurs. Micky Hazard is on Twitter still saying Leicester will finish 3rd and Spurs will win the title. Bit deluded but hey, that's the team they support. Tony Cottee wants Leicester to win so does Collymore and others.

I don't expect pundits connected to Tottenham to be anything other than pro Spurs.

Micky reckons we'll lose 3 or 4 of our last 6 games.

yep, first time we lost to Arsenal we then went 10 games unbeaten.

Still unbeaten since losing to Arsenal 2nd time around, too.

5 wins and one draw... decent I say, guess we haven't had a bloody nose yet, despite losing 5-2 and getting beaten by the last kick of the ball... we are indestructible Edited by foxes_rule1978

yep, first time we lost to Arsenal we then went 10 games unbeaten.

Still unbeaten since losing to Arsenal 2nd time around, too.

Still can't believe we lost twice to Arsenal... :(

First game can't deny the quality arsenal shown, but we changed from that and strengthened especially defensively, second game Simpson going off was as harsh as it gets

But even in the first game we were a goalpost away from 2-0...

But even in the first game we were a goalpost away from 2-0...

True, I thought we played really well, but Arsenal especially Sanchez who hasn't been the same since were brilliant . 5-2 flattered them because we were always a threat throughout still, just that was the game that reorganised our defence and made us better

Edited by foxes_rule1978

True, I thought we played really well, but Arsenal especially Sanchez who hasn't been the same since were brilliant . 5-2 flattered them because we were always a threat throughout still, just that was the game that reorganised our defence and made us better

Agreed

I thank Arsenal whole heartedly for that 5-2 spanking back in September.  If we had ground a result out of that we might of been playing with De Laet and Schlupp instead of Simpson and Fuchs for a whole while longer, and I don't think we'd be anywhere near where we are now in the table if we had of done.