Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jonthefox

The "do they mean us?" thread

I don't know the Spurs fans can't just enjoy the fact that they've got a great young team and they'll probably have a good 2 or 3 runs at winning the title in the next 5 years.

No they won't. Chelsea will be back to their usual self next season, City under Pep will be great, maybe Arsenal will buck their ideas up? 5th in January and Kane hands in his transfer request. Everybody's happy

I don't know the Spurs fans can't just enjoy the fact that they've got a great young team and they'll probably have a good 2 or 3 runs at winning the title in the next 5 years.

This is it for us. This won't happen again any time soon; a perfect storm is brewing.

As Spurs' side gets more experienced they'll get better and better - can see them winning 3 or 4 trophies in the next 5 years if they can keep this team together.

it's because they've literally never won or even come close to winning anything for over 50 years. they're basically us but in london. they won't win anything unless it's this season. they know it and that's why they're so bitter. they've spent FOREVER being in arsenal's shadow and they're finally going to finish above arsenal and still get absolutely nothing for it. 

• Like 3

Although he does it in an immature way; this chap has a point:

I think the 'anti-football' argument gets thrown into the mix whenever a team with a half-decent lead decide to protect it for the remainder of the season to make sure they win the thing...

Chelsea have done it in the past, and we all know about 1-0 to the ArseAnal...

Let's face it, what team have solidly entertained, cantered, walzed and outscored their way to the title...? (bar ours in 1961, and maybe Man Utd's treble winning team... and, if you must, I suppose ArseAnal's 'Unbearables' in 2004)

When you look at Keegan's Newcaatle in the '90s, as well as Liverpool a few seasons back, and pre-ArseAnal's annual implosion, history shows that the 'Entertainer ethos' is traditionally the stuff of Runners-up, not Champions unfortunately!

Bitter, entitled and overshadowed by Arsenal for decades, and when it finally looks to be going their way: overshadowed by supposed relegation fodder.

I'm looking forward to reading the Moaning Cocks forum post-season.

Found this piece of exceptional shite on the Arsenal forum about Simpson:

He's actually their biggest liability imo. Even ignoring his stupid red card, he's not much of a defender. Some of these players with a winners medal would burn my retinas.

I won't knock the Gooners though, most seem quite happy for us as 1) It ain't Spuds and 2) It may finish Wenger.

This is it for us. This won't happen again any time soon; a perfect storm is brewing.

As Spurs' side gets more experienced they'll get better and better - can see them winning 3 or 4 trophies in the next 5 years if they can keep this team together.

Unless real madrid come in for kane.

Guest bennytwohats

Saw a Leicester fan posting on the fighting cocks basically saying the attitudes of both sets of fans towards each other has been disappointing, I couldn't agree more! They are a young, exciting team with a core of homegrown English talent who have played some sublime football at times. Take away what we have done this season and they are still a breath of fresh air to be where they are and challenging when nobody had given them a hope of doing so when the season started. The future is bright for them.

Agree that there is a load of nonsense on that forum but honesty they're just as bad as some of you lot are. If the shoe was on the other foot I doubt we would be reading much better on here.

Stay classy guys - I think most Spurs fans are complimentary towards us and have been quite humble about things - don't match the level of a few of their idiots on a forum and turn this into basically the same thing.

Guest ttfn

Those saying that Spurs are going to disappear because Chelsea will "come back stronger" and Man City will improve are guilty of exactly the same sort of stuff that we've been lamenting people for saying about us this year - that we're only where we are because it's a weak league.

We're where we are because we've got a talented group of players, many of whom are experienced pros, who fight for each other. Spurs are building something not dissimilar with a much younger side.

Obviously there's a huge "if" around them keeping Pochettino, Alli and Kane, but if they do keep hold of three crucial and rapidly improving figures, I see no reason for them not to be a force in the New Premier League Era.

Spurs will be a force if they can hold onto their manager and best players.

I was expecting them to collapse but they have become quite resilient and should be playing Champions League too next season.

Saw a Leicester fan posting on the fighting cocks basically saying the attitudes of both sets of fans towards each other has been disappointing, I couldn't agree more! They are a young, exciting team with a core of homegrown English talent who have played some sublime football at times. Take away what we have done this season and they are still a breath of fresh air to be where they are and challenging when nobody had given them a hope of doing so when the season started. The future is bright for them.

Agree that there is a load of nonsense on that forum but honesty they're just as bad as some of you lot are. If the shoe was on the other foot I doubt we would be reading much better on here.

Stay classy guys - I think most Spurs fans are complimentary towards us and have been quite humble about things - don't match the level of a few of their idiots on a forum and turn this into basically the same thing.

nah man only half of being a fan is about football these days the rest is banter and memes.

One of them has a history of winning things while the other has a history of selective attitudes to racism?

Do you remenbr when Spurs fans were racially abusing Sol Campbell SEVEN years after he left their joke of a club. Even after he left Arsenal and joined Portsmouth they were still singing about hanging him from a tree. Spurs fans were singing about lynching Campbell and hanging him from a tree, and now they have the audacity to to call us names.

The state of Tottenham fans... Jesus.

• Like 1

Those saying that Spurs are going to disappear because Chelsea will "come back stronger" and Man City will improve are guilty of exactly the same sort of stuff that we've been lamenting people for saying about us this year - that we're only where we are because it's a weak league.

We're where we are because we've got a talented group of players, many of whom are experienced pros, who fight for each other. Spurs are building something not dissimilar with a much younger side.

Obviously there's a huge "if" around them keeping Pochettino, Alli and Kane, but if they do keep hold of three crucial and rapidly improving figures, I see no reason for them not to be a force in the New Premier League Era.

won't finish top 4 next year 

Found this piece of exceptional shite on the Arsenal forum about Simpson:

He's actually their biggest liability imo. Even ignoring his stupid red card, he's not much of a defender. Some of these players with a winners medal would burn my retinas.

I won't knock the Gooners though, most seem quite happy for us as 1) It ain't Spuds and 2) It may finish Wenger.

Some of their players have have zero tactical nous, zero bottle and zero mental strength and that's why they will never win anything.

Spurs fans have to be the most bitter bunch of ***** in football.

They've been behind by Arsenal since forever, now Leicester gets the stick for being the (not-so-big actually) bully who steals THEIR title lol Priceless. Now they think the wheels will fall off next season and Leicester will get relegated! :D

That fighting cock forum is afaik the biggest bunch of cry-babies in history of football (except very few notable exceptions who can acknowledge deserved leader when they see one)

They've been behind by Arsenal since forever, now Leicester gets the stick for being the (not-so-big actually) bully who steals THEIR title lol Priceless. Now they think the wheels will fall off next season and Leicester will get relegated! :D

That fighting cock forum is afaik the biggest bunch of cry-babies in history of football (except very few notable exceptions who can acknowledge deserved leader when they see one)

It's not 'our title' - it never has been this season. Most of us thought that top 4 was unattainable this year. Good luck to you if you win it, you'll deserve it, but complaining about the fighting cock forum is a bit naive when so many of your fans are on there on the wind up. This stuff works both ways. See you in the CL final.

Watching Tottenham yesterday against Liverpool you can tell they are a very good side. I do think Toby Alderweireld is a bit overrated IMO. They have a very good first eleven and a good manager. However they rely a bit too much on Kane scoring the goals.

Not a chance they will be top 4 next season. City and Chelsea are going to be making amends for their poor campaigns. If manu land jose expect them in the top 4 and us as champions obviously.