Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jonthefox

The "do they mean us?" thread

Confused, Gobsmacked, almost speachless, no words, thats the pundits.!!

If it was any of the expensive teams, these 7pts would be enough.

The irony is its the ex-players and pundits that maybe helping us to the title.

Claudio is not letting/allowing the positive hype infiltrate the calm he gives the team.

In contrast the pundits thoughts towards City, on nerves, or bubble bursting is having

more influence on the chasing clubs, and their players hopes and false dreams.

Its all because they cant understand, believe, or get their brainwashed minds

around what they are seeing and witnessing each week.

Irony...Alan Smiths response to Souness, when Souness said

' Unlike other top teams city dont have the experienced heads or knowledge of title wins'

Smith rapport..' neither did we "Arsenal" when we were beating your Liverpool to win the title'

Bliss pure Bliss..!!!

The tin-foil hat brigade on reddit are in full force. Claiming we haven't had a single decision against us all season

We've had decisions go for us but we've also had decisions go against st us. On top of my head:

Van Dijk being offside in the 2-2 at St. Mary's

Aguero's offside goal (even though we won)

Simpson's red card at Arsenal

Gestede's handball when he made it 1-1 away at Villa.

Huth shirt being taken off at Palace. Blatant pen.

Every team can compile a list a decisions that went against them. It's quite funny and sad to see fans claim its some sort of conspiracy or that certain refs hate them. Arsenal fans are notorious for this. I hope we never turn into them.

Edited by Kareem Abdul-Jabbar
  • Like 1

I lost respect for Souness 2 or 3 months ago, when we said at some game covered by Sky, that we could not win the league- like Lauro, no logic - he just said with that miserable dour attitude, we could not win it. Prat.

On the subject, remember Mourinho before he was sacked, saying that our manager and our players knew they couldn't win it.

It would be funny if one of the tv channels ran a collection of the pundits' comments who said we wouldn't , after we do it.

Fair enough if they said it November or even Christmas.... But saying it in April when the team is 7 points clear shows some bias tbh.

Those like souness, mcmanaman, and others you just get the feeling it would destroy them mentally if we did go on and win it...

Let's just hope the boys can finish the job so we can laugh at all this ex-pundits in the bonkers asylum afterwards

Fair enough if they said it November or even Christmas.... But saying it in April when the team is 7 points clear shows some bias tbh.

Those like souness, mcmanaman, and others you just get the feeling it would destroy them mentally if we did go on and win it...

Let's just hope the boys can finish the job so we can laugh at all this ex-pundits in the bonkers asylum afterwards

I bloody hope they become ex-pundits, because the likes of Owen, Waddle, McManaman, Lawrenson and Crooks have given no facts or any expert insight... they have been nothing short of diabolical. Can't come up with a decent argument to why we can't win the title other than we just can't...

I'm sorry but that is being bloody sh*te at your job and I would be sacked if I was to give reasoning to my decision and I said well it just is the way it is haha

Confused, Gobsmacked, almost speachless, no words, thats the pundits.!!

If it was any of the expensive teams, these 7pts would be enough.

The irony is its the ex-players and pundits that maybe helping us to the title.

Claudio is not letting/allowing the positive hype infiltrate the calm he gives the team.

In contrast the pundits thoughts towards City, on nerves, or bubble bursting is having

more influence on the chasing clubs, and their players hopes and false dreams.

Its all because they cant understand, believe, or get their brainwashed minds

around what they are seeing and witnessing each week.

Irony...Alan Smiths response to Souness, when Souness said

' Unlike other top teams city dont have the experienced heads or knowledge of title wins'

Smith rapport..' neither did we "Arsenal" when we were beating your Liverpool to win the title'

Bliss pure Bliss..!!!

That was really funny. Souness looked so uncomfortable when he said that.

So this mornings words of wisdom on talkshite radio, coming from Danny Murphy was that Leicester were lucky, Simpsons block was a penalty and he should have been sent off, and Vardy got away with naughty one according to him. To be fair, at least they have had Geoff Peters on to give a little bit of balence.

The tin-foil hat brigade on reddit are in full force. Claiming we haven't had a single decision against us all season

Yeah they're so annoying. I find it hard not to reply. All the "omg double the penalties of anyone else" but how many were harsh penalties? Vardy runs at slow CBs with lots of touches, they always bring him down out of desperation.

There's a few Spurs fans on there whose Usernames I remember because of their constant whining. Same with the one Palace and Sunderland fan that live in our threads trying to make themselves feel better.

How the hell is Simpson's a penalty, from what I saw if it hadn't hit his arm it (which was tucked in to his chest) it would have hit his body?

Nobody knows the hand ball rules. He would have had to amputate his arm in order for it not to make contact. Every team protesting that it was a penalty would get so mad if it was called against them.

His comment of ''I know it's not happened yet, but someone will come a long and give Leicester a bloody nose, then we'll see if they can bounce back''

We lost to arsenal 5-2! We hit straight back, we lost to Liverpool and the same thing happened! Get a grip you usless ****!

Thing is he acknowledged we'd always come back from defeats well. He was going round in circles, his reasoning for us not winning the league ending up saying why we probably will.

Ok we all know Garth Crooks is a twat so let's not get upset about it, instead just have a giggle at him putting Morgan in his team of the week then refusing to say anything nice about him. lol lol

Literally, this is the entry:

It was only "a bit of a push" that led to Wes Morgan's winning goal against Southampton, said former Manchester United goalkeeper Peter Schmeichel. It was a clear push and referee Michael Oliver should have seen it.

Similarly, Southampton were entitled to a penalty when Sadio Mane rounded Kasper Schmeichel only to see Foxes full-back Danny Simpson clear the ball off the line with his arm. At this point, Leicester should have been down to 10 men. Two major calls have put Leicester City in an unprecedented position - but you can't blame Morgan or Simpson for that.

Nobody knows the hand ball rules. He would have had to amputate his arm in order for it not to make contact. Every team protesting that it was a penalty would get so mad if it was called against them.

As a ref (ok, sunday mornings), I was taught to re-run the incident in my head and describe it before blowing.

"Player shoots, ball hits defender" not handball

or

"Player shoots, defender blocks ball" handball

Your first impression is often right.  Simpson made no movement towards the ball.  Part of the problem is that some refs had adopted the "any contact with the hand is handball" approach, which is wrong.  But then there are refs on a sunday that will give a free kick for "not calling a name" and let the coin toss winner kick off.

I've posted on here the wording of the law and the guidance many times.  It HAS to be deliberate.  Hand/Arm position doesn't  make any difference (all this natural/unnatural position nonsense).  Distance the ball travels and speed does need to be taken into account.

Two contentious talking points from the game at the King Power Stadium yesterday, and I think Michael Oliver gets them both right.

There is a speed and intensity about Jamie Vardy’s tackle on Steven Davis, but his feet are low and directed at the ball and so it is not a red-card offence for me. For the tackle to fall into that category the referee must be convinced that the player is using excessive force and is endangering an opponent, and I don’t think that is the case. It falls short of serious foul play in my opinion.

Oliver was also right in not giving a penalty for the Danny Simpson handball incident. The ball travels a short distance, Simpson’s arms are moving but are not in an unnatural position and, crucially, if the ball had not hit his arm it would have hit him in the belly.

He is not denying an obvious goalscoring opportunity so the decision was correct.

Trying to determine intent is very difficult and an area in which it is hard to achieve consistency.

Words by Howard Webb, former World Cup referee and BT Sport pundit

I think this should really be then end of all debate and Danny Murphy should read it and acknowledge that this man knows more about the laws of the game and refereeing than he does.

It is in today's Times.

Edited by reynard
  • Like 1