Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Jamie Vardy to Leicester in £1m scoop

£1 plus for any conference player plenty of goals or not is a huge huge risk really hope it pans out well for him, his salary will probably 10x what it was last season

£1 plus for any conference player plenty of goals or not is a huge huge risk really hope it pans out well for him, his salary will probably 10x what it was last season

£1 wow that's an amazing deal..... :P

Patience isn't something we are accustomed to one season isn't patience standards judging by Beckford even though he has scored 15 goals.

Beckford's a completely different situation when we've spent far more money on him, continue to spend more money on him and worst of all makes clear signs that his heart is still at Leeds.

As a player I agree we could've given him more of a chance but I can't be fvcked with any more dodgy attitudes at our ground that'll ultimately bottle it when we need them most.

Patience isn't something we are accustomed to one season isn't patience standards judging by Beckford even though he has scored 15 goals.

Beckford was bought & paid more than handsomely to score the 20+ goals to fire us to promotion. He was about as proven as you can get & for the £3.5m it cost to have him here last season a return of 9 goals was piss poor. Yes there was the cup, but our season aim & sole focus when he signed was the league

Vardy looks capable of scoring the goals to fire us to promotion too but I can see the expectation being different, it didn't help Beckford that when he wasn't scoring he did very little for the team. You need to be scoring the goals or putting a shift in, in the overwhelming majority of games Beckford did neither.

We'll have to see what Vardy brings to our table, but considering we've wanted him since Jan window I'm sure our people have seen enough in him to suggest he'll bring a lot.

Beckford was bought & paid more than handsomely to score the 20+ goals to fire us to promotion. He was about as proven as you can get & for the £3.5m it cost to have him here last season a return of 9 goals was piss poor.

Vardy looks capable of scoring the goals to fire us to promotion too but I can see the expectation being different, it didn't help Beckford that when he wasn't scoring he did very little for the team. You need to be scoring the goals or putting a shift in, in the overwhelming majority of games Beckford did neither.

We'll have to see what Vardy brings to our table, but considering we've wanted him since Jan window I'm sure our people have seen enough in him to suggest he'll bring a lot.

Beckford scored 15 goals last season.

Beckford was bought & paid more than handsomely to score the 20+ goals to fire us to promotion. He was about as proven as you can get & for the £3.5m it cost to have him here last season a return of 9 goals was piss poor.

See I cannot agree with that he hadn't even played championship football before. He had no recored of scoring 20 goals in a season at this level the only place he did it was in league one, so to expect him to score 20 this season was not expected judging on his record. Ultimately Sven failed in that regard, to get the right striker in and that cost him his job.

If he'd have scored 6 more league goals we might have turned 6 draws into wins... But he didn't. For the overwhelming majority of the time he was disappointingly shite.... And he can't play the worst Forest side in living memory every week.

As much as we expect any striker to score goals, I think the whole argument of Beckford not doing the whole running round thing is often mistaken for causing the opposition defenders real problems. Beckford has never looked like he was able to create chances for himself, and as much as he would chase down at the beginning of a game, he would soon get bored of it.

So if vardy is to become our latest purchase ,hopefully if he settles in well he will bring goals but more importantly and perhaps what fans have always wanted from Beckford, is that playing good or bad on the day, he will still be a threat and cause defenders a real headache... Hopefully? :D but hopefully we will be able to see a lot of him next season as I suppose the argument would be that you wouldn't spend a million quid on a non league player , only to be on the bench.

So I know this is a thread about vardy, but do we think this could mean Beckford is off or is wanted away by the management?

Or is he still in our plans?

Guest ttfn

Do you genuinely believe that a brace against a League Two side and a hat-trick against one of, if not the worst Forest side in living memory is relevant to a discussion about whether Beckford can hack it at Championship level and/or whether he had a good season?

Even if Vardy comes in and chips in with a paltry return of 9 goals in the league (hardly the most demanding expectation), he'll be a huge upgrade on Beckford. Why? Because it will free up 20k a week to spend elsewhere on the squad (if we can get rid of JB) or ensure FFP compliance and it's not like he could possibly contribute less to the build-up etc.

I'm underwhelmed by this potential signing, but hopefully everyone else is too. Having unproven players will at least spare us the ridiculous debates we've had over whether players are any good or not, with one side arguing seemingly exclusively on reputation rather than what's happened on the pitch (Johnson, Mills, Pantsil, Beckford).

Good luck to the lad.

I dont see why everyone wants Beckford out. The way I see it if we want to get promoted we need something special coming off the bench. Either Nugent, Vardy or Beckford offer this.... we need all three. So comparing them like its either or seems pointless ... but thats just me. Just remember the times of Barry Hayles and Elvis Hammond before slating the current crop.....they weren't worth there money either

Vardy will sign today.

If he doesn't then nobody can have a go at me because things can change so quickly in football, I'm just giving you the information I'm given.

This insider stuff is easy.

Vardy will sign today.

If he doesn't then nobody can have a go at me because things can change so quickly in football, I'm just giving you the information I'm given.

This insider stuff is easy.

Yes. All done and dusted. Irrespective of him being unproven, i've a feeling this lad has goals written all over him.

Archived