Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Jamie Vardy to Leicester in £1m scoop

I know he has been playing upfront for Fleetwood but I think he may be brought in as a winger. Still expect another striker to sign. Preferably Heskey or Kane

Or somebody could be leaving . . . .

:sweating:

I know he has been playing upfront for Fleetwood but I think he may be brought in as a winger. Still expect another striker to sign. Preferably Heskey or Kane

Why buy a leading goalscorer and play him as a winger?? When we can clearly afford to buy a winger aswell.

I would love us to sign Daniel Powell from Mk dons, young and cheap aswell.

Why buy a leading goalscorer and play him as a winger?? When we can clearly afford to buy a winger aswell.

I would love us to sign Daniel Powell from Mk dons, young and cheap aswell.

Because he's pretty much a wing-forward as it is. He gets lots of his goals coming from off the wing from what I've seen.

Because he's pretty much a wing-forward as it is. He gets lots of his goals coming from off the wing from what I've seen.

That seems pretty much spot on perhaps we will after all be playing 4-3-3 :thumbup:

Still need a target man though

This!

Perhaps Nige wants more goals from the midfield. Why did Cardiff sign Bellamy and play him on the wing? Same situation imo

A front four of Vardy Beckford Nugent and Marshall will be lethal :D

And how do you know this? Vardy could easily turn out to be wank, Beckford has hardly set the place alight, nugent was good until the last couple of months when he faded badly and Marshall still has a lot to prove, apart from his goals, he's not done a great deal! Havent we learnt from this time last season to not go over the top with expectation? Next season will be thd toughest championship of all imo. We will have had a brilliant season if we finish in the play offs

And how do you know this? Vardy could easily turn out to be wank, Beckford has hardly set the place alight, nugent was good until the last couple of months when he faded badly and Marshall still has a lot to prove, apart from his goals, he's not done a great deal! Havent we learnt from this time last season to not go over the top with expectation? Next season will be thd toughest championship of all imo. We will have had a brilliant season if we finish in the play offs

Keep up the positive mind set buddy ! :D

:frusty:

I doubt Vardy will be on the same wages as Beckford :P

I can definitely confirm that Vardy will not be on the same wages as Beckford.

I don't. By the same token if I look at the individuals involved they could be a lethal combination. In Nigel we trust. :D

Beckford scored 15 goals in a season that included: No preseason for him, the first third of it with the team not passing to him, and then the second half with suspension and the fans on his back.

Nugent scored 16 goals in a season when he missed at least 4 weeks to injury, played basically every game and was part of a team with few good passes coming from the wings or midfield

Marshall scored 4 goals in a season when he was signed half way through and dropped almost immediatly into the first team needing performances and results, a lot of pressure for a brand new signing and particularly for a 20 year old - he scored great goals and created a few more with some brilliant crosses and wing play

Vardy scored 34 goals - yeah ok next year he'll be what, 3 leagues higher up? and the defenders and goal keepers will be better, but at the end of the day if you scored 34 in a season you know where the back of the net is. The deal is cheap - the gamble is worth it.

I think with a front four of Marshall Nugent Beckford Vardy we'll do ok.......just a silly optimistic guess though....

I'd forgotten about the rumours on Kane. It all went very quiet, didn't it ? I wonder if that deals' still a possibility - anyone heard anything recently ?

Beckford scored 15 goals in a season that included: No preseason for him, the first third of it with the team not passing to him, and then the second half with suspension and the fans on his back.

Nugent scored 16 goals in a season when he missed at least 4 weeks to injury, played basically every game and was part of a team with few good passes coming from the wings or midfield

Marshall scored 4 goals in a season when he was signed half way through and dropped almost immediatly into the first team needing performances and results, a lot of pressure for a brand new signing and particularly for a 20 year old - he scored great goals and created a few more with some brilliant crosses and wing play

Vardy scored 34 goals - yeah ok next year he'll be what, 3 leagues higher up? and the defenders and goal keepers will be better, but at the end of the day if you scored 34 in a season you know where the back of the net is. The deal is cheap - the gamble is worth it.

I think with a front four of Marshall Nugent Beckford Vardy we'll do ok.......just a silly optimistic guess though....

I like your positivity. :chant:

Archived