Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Jamie Vardy to Leicester in £1m scoop

Yes. All done and dusted. Irrespective of him being unproven, i've a feeling this lad has goals written all over him.

I don't know why anyone bothers to post about transfers, it seems that everyone is itk on this board.

Is it just one blabbermouth at the club or is it like a colander?

I doubt Vardy will be on the same wages as Beckford :P

Don't you know?

Every other bugger claims to.

I don't know why anyone bothers to post about transfers, it seems that everyone is itk on this board.

Is it just one blabbermouth at the club or is it like a colander?

Don't you know?

Every other bugger claims to.

Hahaha no idea mate. I only know a bit about this one because my mate works for Fleetwood. We were very close to getting him in January.

Vardy will sign today.

If he doesn't then nobody can have a go at me because things can change so quickly in football, I'm just giving you the information I'm given.

This insider stuff is easy.

He needs to pass a medical first then your info will be spot on

Sky Sports understands Leicester City have agreed a deal worth £1million for Fleetwood Town striker Jamie Vardy.

Vardy is understood to have turned down offers from fellow Championship sides Cardiff City and Peterborough United to join Leicester.

Sky Sports has learnt the striker is now at the Walkers Stadium, undergoing a medical ahead of signing for the Foxes.

The Conference champions have agreed what is a record deal for a non-league player, and it could rise to £1.7million.

Vardy, 25, only joined Fleetwood last season from Halifax Town. Before that he played over 100 games for Stocksbridge Park Steels.

well they think its a done deal!!

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11712/7762163/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Sky Sports understands Leicester City have agreed a deal worth £1million for Fleetwood Town striker Jamie Vardy.

Vardy is understood to have turned down offers from fellow Championship sides Cardiff City and Peterborough United to join Leicester.

Sky Sports has learnt the striker is now at the Walkers Stadium, undergoing a medical ahead of signing for the Foxes.

The Conference champions have agreed what is a record deal for a non-league player, and it could rise to £1.7million.

Vardy, 25, only joined Fleetwood last season from Halifax Town. Before that he played over 100 games for Stocksbridge Park Steels.

http://www1.skysport..._medium=twitter

:o

I see this so often :mad:

Micheal Kightly has proven that players can adapt to the step up.

Good example! And More than enough have made the step up. But the argument is pointless as every players is different so we should all wait to see him play and not give him a deadline like we did last season, I seem to recall some comments made along the lines of 'if Nugent hasn't scored x amount by this time' etc

I have my reservations about this signing. Scoring 40 in 34 is all very impressive but non-league and second-tier are very different ballparks.

He could be the next Stuart Fleetwood but for some reason ive got a good feeling about Vardy.

Signed a 3 year contract according to

http://www.thenonleaguefootballpaper.com/article.asp?aid=14364&iid=294&sud=283

Vardy Becomes A Fox

by Andy White

Thursday, May 17, 2012

JAMIE VARDY will sign for Leicester City tomorrow to become Non-League football's first million-pound player.

The Non-League Paper understands the 25-year-old Fleetwood Town striker has agreed a three-year deal with the Championship club.

Blue Square Bet Premier champions Fleetwood will bank a £1m fee, rising by a further £700,000 based on incentives, for the man who has scored 34 goals since moving from FC Halifax for around £175,000 last August.

It means a handsome windfall too for the BSB North Shaymen, who receive 30 per cent of any profit the Cod Army make on the former Stocksbridge Park Steels man.

I'd just like to state that I am itk.

Yes, I text my non fox talk/internet surfing friends this when it first appeared on here a few weeks back. I shall now send them a typical itk text saying 'My source tells me Vardy move completed as i reported weeks ago. Remember you heard it here first.'

Well, to them I am in the know.

Done deal apparantly being reported by BBC according to the Fourth Official:

Fourth Official@Fourth_Official

BBC reporting confirmation of Jamie Vardy's transfer from Fleetwood to Leicester is on its way, been a done deal for a few weeks

https://twitter.com/...fourth_official

Just been on bbc website, can`t see anything, as per usual will have to sit this out and wait for official confirmation from os!

Archived