Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
GLC

Game of Thrones - hide spoilers please.

On 6/27/2017 at 13:29, leicsmac said:

Yup, me too!

Just watched the final episode of Season 6 once again. I still maintain that first 10-15 minutes is one of the best pieces of television ever.

agreed the build up in the music and what was taking place on screen was superb

then the comedy value of how tommen limply takes a fall

superb direction

4 minutes ago, polarbear said:

agreed the build up in the music and what was taking place on screen was superb

then the comedy value of how tommen limply takes a fall

superb direction

Yup. Masterpiece of TV directing.

And a little warmup for those who don't have the time to binge-watch all six seasons before the next one starts:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oGwjm6Ax24E&t

I hope it's slightly different than the dragon queen arrives, joins forces with whatever clan or clans hate the blonde clan, goes to fight but John/Sam convinces the dragon queen it's the white walkers people should be fighting, they all join forces, the blonde queen and littlefinger backstab but then aria kills the blonde queen and whomever else, the dragons burn loads of white walkers after Sam gives them a special magical breath mint which works against the walkers and the dragon queen crowns John the true born king of north/east/south/west shake it all about that's what it's all about ooooooh the hokey-koky!

14 minutes ago, The Blur said:

Got a gut feeling that Jaime will be killed off this season.  If you all have to pick a character that you think will be killed off,  who would you choose? 

Jorah - back for one last heroic moment.

Davos - going out like a hero when Dany invades Westeros and joins forces with Jon.

(Mind you - I've said both of those before.)

Also...

Jaime & Cersei at the same time - Cersei always maintained they'd die together, Jaime will at some point see what she's become and make it happen.

Qyburn - killed when Kings Landing falls (probably)

The FrankenMountain - as above

One or both of the Greyjoy siblings

Euron Greyjoy

Also, and this is the long shot...

One of Dany or Jon

8 hours ago, ealingfox said:

Think some of you on this page probably want to be a bit mindful of spoilers tbh. Doesn't have to be something that ain't happened yet to be a spoiler.

You sure about that? Someone's assumption of the future definitely isn't set lol. They are wild guesses and other than naming characters which everyone knows I can't see how they are dropping spoilers. I'm sorry I just can't see how someone's prediction can be a spoiler when they are obviously guessing dude. 

1 hour ago, casablancas said:

You sure about that? Someone's assumption of the future definitely isn't set lol. They are wild guesses and other than naming characters which everyone knows I can't see how they are dropping spoilers. I'm sorry I just can't see how someone's prediction can be a spoiler when they are obviously guessing dude. 

I don't actually know what I meant by the second bit now but Yh someone's mentioned up the page certainly at least 1 detail that's a bit of a spoiler for anyone starting from the beginning.

18 hours ago, The Blur said:

Got a gut feeling that Jaime will be killed off this season.  If you all have to pick a character that you think will be killed off,  who would you choose? 

I'd kill of at least one Stark. I'm just bored of the "The Starks were unjustly punished and they will all now have vengeance against all the odds" theme but then I'm probably downplaying Martin's ability to create a compelling story.

I'd be sad to see Jaime go only because he seems to have a good character arch - since losing his hand he's a changed man - and I'd like to see his new character unfold to a greater degree. Unlike his sister whose character arch is more a straight "Was evil and is now more evil" which is fine in most cases but for a main character it's a bit dull.

6 minutes ago, Darkon84 said:

Yea Jamie's probably going to kill off Cersei when he realises what a nutter she's become. Little Finger's going to get binned off by Arya too I reckon. 

I'm really hoping someone does for the little scheming bastard now that his plans for the Iron Throne are pretty much dead in the water (I'd like it to be Sansa, though)...but as this is a George RR Martin work, no doubt he'll either live or have the chance to do something horrible before he dies.

Just now, leicsmac said:

I'm really hoping someone does for the little scheming bastard now that his plans for the Iron Throne are pretty much dead in the water (I'd like it to be Sansa, though)...but as this is a George RR Martin work, no doubt he'll either live or have the chance to do something horrible before he dies.

I quite like how scheming he is, going between all parties, playing his own game, though as you mention, his plans for the throne are effectively over so his stories run its course and so he'd just be a useless character now. 

• Like 1