Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Rand94

Free agents / released players - put them in here!

I just feel the midfield presents itself in such a way that King and Wellens cannot play together in it well when they have done so it has been a disaster, Drinkwater and Danns for me should be the central midfielder partnership based on the evidence I have seen so far, on the bench I presume James will take the place, I cannot see King being to happy on the bench can you?

Depends really on how much rotation NP is planning next year, I think if the player still feels part of what is happening at the club, gets on with the manager and is playing enough games then why not, he's still got a long time to go in his career. Anyway Danns will be 30(?), I doubt he'll be starting every game, plenty of room for rotation between the four next season.

Depends really on how much rotation NP is planning next year, I think if the player still feels part of what is happening at the club, gets on with the manager and is playing enough games then why not, he's still got a long time to go in his career. Anyway Danns will be 30(?), I doubt he'll be starting every game, plenty of room for rotation between the four next season.

We will see, still would like a defensive midfielder as one of the central midfield options so if it is to replace King or Wellens I aint to fussed.

Out of interest has there been any real indication of what type of midfielder James is/does anyone know if he's capable of filling that role?

He said in a interview he sees himself as a box to box midfielder.

He's had a few good seasons proving he can do it at this level followed by one bad season. He absolutely deserves at least another year, you think one bad season isn't enough to say Beckford who is much older should go despite the fact he has never done anything for Leicester. I'm not trying to turn this into a Beckford debate, I know that isn't exactly necessary, but I'd love to know what makes those two situations so different to you.

This is a players released thread I thought?

And I like the look of Keith Andrews...

According to the Mirror, he was part of a wages slash at Blackburn.

"Keith Andrews is on £21,000-a-week and an extra £2,000 for every game. His wages also increase every time he plays five Premier League games – and an annual extra payment of £26,667."

Also, he was rejected by Ipswich for the same reasons.

"The 31-year-old Irishman is said to want £22,000-a-week from the various interested parties."

As we know, it looks like Nigel is looking to keep the wage bill down, so unfortunately it would seem out of the question. I'd love it though :(

Not sure why people think Keith Andrews would be a big improvement on what we have....

A big wage player thats decent to be fair but nothing special. I'd much rather we keep King, he's got a good few years ahead of him unlike Andrews

You might as well say Morgan is better than Andrews, or Nugent is better. Andrews is a defensive midfield player, King is an attacking midfield player. We have a number of midfield players who are ok going forward. We do not have a defensive midfield player at all ( unless we have a sixteen year old I haven't yet heard of ).

As for the wages, no player in our current set up could complain if a player has managed to manipulate a free agent position for himself to get a bigger pay deal.

There is no transfer fee applicable. One idea would be to pay him a signing on fee and a more compliant wage to fit in with our pay structure. It ain't rocket science.

Andrews has two strengths. An occasional power shot that stupendously goes in, and tenacity. He isn't a pushover, but hasn't got tremendous pace. He's a CCC player, and not an exceptional one at that. If this rumour was anywhere near true then I think we can do better. And that comes from an Ireland fan.

How many midfielders do we need? The only ones i would take would be a proper CDM and a player maker perhaps a premier league player on loan. Would go mental if we got Denis Suarez on loan from Man City

Archived