Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Richie De Laet

6ft 1inc, physical and tough player.

This is the sort of player that NP will be bringing in all over the field.

For too long we've been a soft touch and need this sort of player to give us a physical edge.

Berner Brown Hobbs Morrisson

Completely untalented as footballers but big, strong and as a unit, the best back 4 we've had for years.

One of the things that needs to change is the attitude towards signings. Forget big money and big reputations. Let NP, Walsh and Shakey do their thing.

He will be a fantastic signing for us, our fans are never happy, he's been on loan to Norwich this season, likes of Villa saying they want him just last month, so he's not good enough for us?

Please dont forget that alot of our fans also claimed that Yakubu and Jelavic weren't good enough to operate at our club and that we could do "much better". I think i'll trust in the judgement of the current management team down at the club. Fair enough they cant get EVERY signing right, but i'd say pearson has been relatively astute in the players he has signed since he has been here. (on both occasions)

Schmeichel

De Laet Morgan Konchesky Just Central Defender,Left Midfielder and a strikerpartner for Nugent,although i'd love to see diame

and Heskey arrive to add the physical edge Nigel was on about.

Marshall Danns Drinkwater

Nugent

Diame and Heskey, would love that to happen in the summer, strengh goes along way in the champ

6ft 1inc, physical and tough player.

This is the sort of player that NP will be bringing in all over the field.

For too long we've been a soft touch and need this sort of player to give us a physical edge.

Berner Brown Hobbs Morrisson

Completely untalented as footballers but big, strong and as a unit, the best back 4 we've had for years.

One of the things that needs to change is the attitude towards signings. Forget big money and big reputations. Let NP, Walsh and Shakey do their thing.

Completely untalented is a bit harsh on berner.

Think injury cut his loan short at Norwich. Who are in the premiership btw.

I would be happy with this signing and I think it's just the sort of player we need. Versatile, young something to prove etc isn't this what we all wanted!?

I thought I read somewhere that Norwich cut short his loan so that they could bring in someone else on loan as they'd reached their loan limit

Please dont forget that alot of our fans also claimed that Yakubu and Jelavic weren't good enough to operate at our club and that we could do "much better". I think i'll trust in the judgement of the current management team down at the club. Fair enough they cant get EVERY signing right, but i'd say pearson has been relatively astute in the players he has signed since he has been here. (on both occasions)

They'll be chanting his name come September

There is one comment on that article...

"Sportsmail Reporter" wrote it. Dont believe a word. So shamefully written and composed the mail are embarrassed to put a reporters name to it. Please copy and repost this comment so we can hopefully get "Sportsmail Reporter" to stop churning out such incredible tosh.

- Joe, Derkaderkastan, 22/3/2012 11:36

So, if I had to hazard a guess as to which story had more truth in it out of that one, that says Villa are after him on a Bosman, or the other one that says we're looking to buy him for £1.2m, I'd have to go with the latter.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2134825/Leicester-want-Manchester-Uniteds-Ritchie-De-Laet.html

De Laet set for Old Trafford exit as Leicester launch bid for United defender

Leicester hope to make Manchester United defender Ritchie De Laet their first summer signing.

The Foxes, who failed to make the Championship play-offs despite being favourites for the title, will lodge a £1.2million bid for the Belgian international this week.

De Laet will be allowed to leave Old Trafford having failed to make an impact since arriving in 2009.

article-2134825-0D9872B400000578-571_468x354.jpg

Heading out: Ritchie De Laet (left) is set to leave Manchester United

Leicester boss Nigel Pearson, who replaced Sven Goran-Erikkson at the Walkers Stadium, knows he has a rebuilding job on his hands.

He said: 'I’m very clear in my mind how we move forward and what’s needed, so it’s very much a case of seeing the season out - then the hard work really starts.'

article-2134825-12BC0964000005DC-242_468x315.jpg

Work to be done: Leicester boss Nigel Pearson faces a summer of rebuilding

De Laet joined United from Stoke and has had loan spells at Sheffield United, Preston, Portsmouth and Norwich since, while starting only three league games for the Old Trafford giants.

Pearson has also made a £1m offer for striker Jamie Vardy of non-League Fleetwood, but faces competition from several clubs, including West Ham and Blackpool.

can we actually buy him now outside the transfer window? or is it basically a case of agreeing a deal and then will go through when the window open`s?

I'm pretty sure clubs can buy players whenever they like, but if a deal is done outside of a transfer window, then it can't come into effect until the next window opens. Sort of like a signing for the future.

Archived