Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Richie De Laet

http://www.mirrorfoo...icle895046.html

Leicester will make a £1.2million bid for Manchester United defender Ritchie De Laet this week.

With the Foxes now unable to make the play-offs, boss Nigel Pearson is targeting De Laet as one of his first recruits in a major recruitment drive for next season.

The Belgium international will be allowed to leave Old Trafford this summer, even though he has a year left on his contract.

And Pearson is ready to move quickly and table a firm offer for the 23-year-old.

He said: “I’m very clear in my mind how we move forward and what’s needed, so it’s very much a case of seeing the season out - then the hard work really starts.”

De Laet joined United from Stoke in January 2009, and has had loan spells at Sheffield United, Preston, Portsmouth and Norwich since, while starting only three league games for the Old Trafford giants.

Pearson has also made a £1m offer for striker Jamie Vardy of non-League Fleetwood, but fears competition from a string of his Championship rivals, including West Ham and Blackpool.

PEARSON is also planning a summer shake-up with some of the club’s big-earners set to go, writes James Nursey.

He knows he must shift the likes of defender Matt Mills following their failure to reach the play-offs.

Foxes ran up one of the biggest wage bills in the Championship under then-boss Sven Goran Eriksson, who was axed as a push for promotion to the Premier League failed to materialise.

Now, Leicester are reducing their budget ahead of UEFA's implementation of financial fair play rules.

Stars such as out-of-favour stopper Mills and Ghana full-back John Pantsil are set to go, while Michael Johnson’s loan from Manchester City has been ended.

Pearson said: “Our approach needs to be altered somewhat with financial fair play.”

Major recruitment drive Good news or Bad News?, players adapting gelling we need to get it right this summer hopefully NP will, we have the core of a promotion worthy team just need a few more players of quality. Richie De Laet is versatile could be a good signing?

Schmeichel

De Laet Morgan Konchesky Just Central Defender,Left Midfielder and a strikerpartner for Nugent,although i'd love to see diame

and Heskey arrive to add the physical edge Nigel was on about.

Marshall Danns Drinkwater

Nugent

Major recruitment drive Good news or Bad News?, players adapting gelling we need to get it right this summer hopefully NP will, we have the core of a promotion worthy team just need a few more players of quality. Richie De Laet is versatile could be a good signing?

I personally find gelling aloud of sh*t look at charlton for example they made over 20 changes to their squad in the summer but still flew with the league, what stops players gelling is ego's, if everyone has the same attitude and wants to play for the club then their should be no problem!

On richie de laet I think I remember reading that his loan at Norwich was cut short does anyone know why!?

So Overrated ,couldn't cut it for norwich in matches i saw.

But he's versatile, young and i trust SW and NP scouting

yes that's at premier league level though, he was brilliant during a loan spell at Pompey last season, good young player for reasonable fee, how can anyone say this is a bad deal

what are we doing going for players like that for?...we have millions...we should be going for Kyle Walker :rolleyes:

Pretty sure tho who ever we go for in the summer it wont please some fans :rolleyes::ph34r:

Honestly tho, I think he'd be a decent signing;can play in numerous positions aswell.

Archived