Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
upthefoxes

Robert Koren

Can find an article from december saying Hull want talks with him about extending, but nothing about him signing.

Yeah that's all I've found.

The Hull forums' twitter account has tweeted saying they believe it to be a done deal, as is Billy Davies becoming their new manager.

good player imo, if we got him....who'd go out...?

I don't think we'd have to lose any. I doubt any of our central midfielders will expect to start every match. We had four of them and still ended up with only one available, due to injuries and suspensions. Ideally, I think we should have five or six central midfielders in the squad, all expecting at least some rotation, and all offering something different, i.e. some creative playmakers, some energetic box-to-box, some defensive to win the ball back.

Wellens, King, Koren, Danns, Drinkwater is healthy competition for the middle. Two of them will be 32 + and won't play every week.

If we play 3 cm's which NP does from time to time we'll need at least 5 imo. We don't want to result in playing a defender in midfield again

The fact is this is the goalscoring midfielder we need, quality player who can score goals from OUTSIDE THE BOX.

And like DanNDH88 said, a move for Trotter would be the icing on the cake.

We need an attacking minded midfielder, and a big midfielder who gets himself about on the pitch, and I said on the wishlist thread that Koren and Trotter is what we need.

Them along with Danns, Drinkwater and King would be pretty damn good.

It's not about age it's fitness.

Beckham is 37 and 10 times fitter than Wellens at 31. (no not a gay thing fitter either b4 you ask)

GAY! ;)

I'd be very happy to see RK here, the midfield lacks a bit of guile and he can make things happen. I couldn't give a monkey's if he was 32 - a 32 year old Muzzy Izzet would walk straight into this side. Plus we'd be taking Hull's player of the season off them which would be nice. If we could just take their best young central defender from them as well, that'd be grand.

nu

Not bad at all. Hull fans say he's not the best in a 4-4-2 though.

play marshall as a false 9 with nuge in front of him. give koren the freedom to move across the midfield. with danns doing leg work behind him. dyer and stewart right/left mid. play this against the lower teams that come to shut up shop.

nu

play marshall as a false 9 with nuge in front of him. give koren the freedom to move across the midfield. with danns doing leg work behind him. dyer and stewart right/left mid. play this against the lower teams that come to shut up shop.

Dyer???

If we did sign RK it could be good for Jermaine Beckford. For alll JB's faults he does make a lot of good runs but the current midfielders rarely seem to spot them- hopefully RK can bring a bit more accuracy and make those runs worthwhile.

Can see him playing in a narrow right midfield role especially away from home. I think Pearson has played him like that for Hull at times.

Would be happy with this.

Yeah, like he used to play Oakley but with the potential of more goals!

I. Would. Chuffin. Love. This.

:dance:

It would be the oppportunity we need to get rid of Wellens......

if he's out til September with his injury you might have to wait a while longer

Archived