Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
upthefoxes

Robert Koren

if he's out til September with his injury you might have to wait a while longer

Hmm... never thought of getting a fee for him.

I was thinking just get him off the wages and free up some more for other players - you know.... FFP rules, ect

I was thinking just get him off the wages and free up some more for other players - you know.... FFP rules, ect

Doubt he'd be one Pearson would be thinking of getting off the wage bill. He'll be on a lot less then the big earners

We're stuck with him for next season now, but I reckon he was only going to be a squad player next season anyway. He gets a lot of criticism on here, but he'll be handy as back-up.

I'd be very happy with Danns, Koren, Trotter (or someone similar), with Drinkwater, King and Wellens as back up.

I think you'll find I mentioned him months ago back in the Beckford thread! I believe he'll get the beat out of Beckford with his creative flare! I can see this being great for us!

I think you'll find I mentioned him months ago back in the Beckford thread! I believe he'll get the beat out of Beckford with his creative flare! I can see this being great for us!

If Beckford is here of course

decent player scored the winner vs us at hull earlier didnt he, anyway now that adam pearson has left we might get a better chance of signing hull players like koren stewert and chester :D

Doubt he'd be one Pearson would be thinking of getting off the wage bill. He'll be on a lot less then the big earners

Possibly... I do remember Sven extending his contract and increasing his wages though....

We're stuck with him for next season now, but I reckon he was only going to be a squad player next season anyway. He gets a lot of criticism on here, but he'll be handy as back-up.

I'd be very happy with Danns, Koren, Trotter (or someone similar), with Drinkwater, King and Wellens as back up.

Is he ready to be a bit part player? He has suggested he cant train to such a level but wether he would be happy with 15-20 starts a season, no one knows... hopefully not! :D

nu

play marshall as a false 9 with nuge in front of him. give koren the freedom to move across the midfield. with danns doing leg work behind him. dyer and stewart right/left mid. play this against the lower teams that come to shut up shop.

You mean play Marshall as a number 10? False 9 is the furthest player forward but just drops - a la Messi and Rooney. Sorry for being an anorak... :geek:

You mean play Marshall as a number 10? False 9 is the furthest player forward but just drops - a la Messi and Rooney. Sorry for being an anorak... :geek:

:thumbup: Ta! I really wanted to point that out, but didn't want to sound like a nerd. No offence! :D

He's a good player but I can't help thinking we should be looking to the future more. He's over 30 now and surely on a downward spiral. I also don't think he fits the bill for the kind of midfielder we need - he's not defensive, he's not a winger and though he's got a good shot on him, I don't think he's particularly special at opening defences up.

Once again, he's more of an all rounder than someone who could fill a specific purpose that we really need. He's too similar to King and Danns, and Drinkwater tbh (I'm assuming Wellens will be phased out or sold). It seems our only options when we're struggling to break down defences are shoot from 30 yards or chuck it aimlessly into the mixer. we need a different route to goal and not just from out wide (also something we need to sort out).

It's a bit concerning that we are supposedly in for all Hull's so-called creative players when they've struggled for goals all season, I can't believe that's all down to Fryatt's finishing.

He's a good player but I can't help thinking we should be looking to the future more. He's over 30 now and surely on a downward spiral. I also don't think he fits the bill for the kind of midfielder we need - he's not defensive, he's not a winger and though he's got a good shot on him, I don't think he's particularly special at opening defences up.

Once again, he's more of an all rounder than someone who could fill a specific purpose that we really need. He's too similar to King and Danns, and Drinkwater tbh (I'm assuming Wellens will be phased out or sold). It seems our only options when we're struggling to break down defences are shoot from 30 yards or chuck it aimlessly into the mixer. we need a different route to goal and not just from out wide (also something we need to sort out).

It's a bit concerning that we are supposedly in for all Hull's so-called creative players when they've struggled for goals all season, I can't believe that's all down to Fryatt's finishing.

Two words - Paul Scholes.

Age is but a number, it's how they perform which is the key and Koren could do a nifty job for a season or two.

I've just seen this sent to that Mclean, "Come to lcfc in the summer we need a prolofic goalscorer @A9Mac". Had me laughing for a while!

I have to concur. He wasn't always an all-rounder but his age will lead to him becoming that. He'll be 32 in September, this one seems short termist, surely there are better options out there.

Archived