Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
GLC

FIFA 13

The EA servers are the most irratating thing about the whole game, i've lost count of the amount of time that theyve chucked me off when winning. If they are going to punish people for disconnecting early (rightfully so) then they could at least sort it out on their end. Not like they are short of a bob or two.

So a goal none of you can defend against so you all moan about them ?

The Jew goal is quite easy to cut out, unless you have two players running clean through on you with no defence around which rarely happens in 13 (in fact I am yet to see it as defenders are quite good at catching up)

A lot of people run their last defender to the guy with the ball and bring the keeper out leaving the cut back, best thing to do in my experience is to use your last defender to cut out the cut back and bring your goal keeper out to close down the player with the shot and make him finish it properly, if he does fair play. End of the day if someones running clean through on you they've got a good chance of scoring one way or another.

I've come to the conclusion that goalkeepers are... stupid.

They can block a 5 yard bullet volley EVERYTIME. Yet let in 25 yard scuffs. So all the goals I actually work for get saved. Pretty much most of my goals are around the edge of the box.

So a goal none of you can defend against so you all moan about them ?

I can defend against them yes but in past FIFA games it seem to be one of the most scored goals for players... This years is so much better for not being able to do it.

I can defend against them yes but in past FIFA games it seem to be one of the most scored goals for players... This years is so much better for not being able to do it.

Yea there don't seem to be as many of these goals compared to previous games but if you want to score just line the player up 25/30 yards out and it flys in everytime.

I always thought they were known as 'Sweaty Goals'.

Any one fancy a Foxestalk tournament? I seem to remember doing one for Fifa 09.

I always refer them (when scored against me) as 'fookin noobish goals... then follows the routine controller flying through the air.

I wouldn't mind a foxestalk tourney though :)

Foxestalk tournaments always start well then NEVER finish.

Werent they leagues? A tournement with a group stage or failing that a straight knock out could be a lot easier to manage. I wouldn't waste your time by taking part though I have very little time and near impossible to work around.

I'm on xbox and i keep disconnecting from the EA servers but my internet is prefectly fine, been in a party with friends when i've lost connection and not lost connection XBL

Well you shouldn't party at 11.24 in the morning, that's probably why.

Werent they leagues? A tournement with a group stage or failing that a straight knock out could be a lot easier to manage. I wouldn't waste your time by taking part though I have very little time and near impossible to work around.

They were ill take part but I'm not organising it this year will offer to help in some way though.

I've read the last several pages of this thread and there is a lot of moaning about the game. Is it really that bad and is it worth getting?

Everyone's opinion on it differs depending on your style of play in the game. So I wouldn't take any of the moaning or praise of the game til you've played it yourself, why don't you rent it for a few days to see if you like it?

I've read the last several pages of this thread and there is a lot of moaning about the game. Is it really that bad and is it worth getting?

It's very rare that I'll play online or use ultimate team, but as someone who mainly just uses Career Mode I'd certainly suggest getting it. Really enjoying it at the moment to be honest. Might just be me.

Made a Leicester team just to get me up and running.

Schmeichel (3/4k)

De Laet (3k)

Morgan (800)

St Ledger (600)

Konchesky (500)

Marshall (150)

King (400)

Danns (300)

Dyer (1k)

Knockaert (200)

Beckford (5.2k)

Not particularly fussed about looking for bargains so some there might be a bit overpriced.

Also, anybody noticed Steve McClaren has a Danish flag on his card?

Archived