Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
TheUltimateWinner

Jacob Blyth joins from Leamington

http://www.lcfc.com/page/LatestNews/0,,10274~2767507,00.html?

Promising young striker Jacob Blyth will join City's development squad for the 2012/13 season, after joining the Foxes from non-league Leamington for a nominal fee.

The 19-year-old centre-forward joins the Club's junior professional ranks, under the guidance of development coach Steve Beaglehole.

Jacob scored 17 goals for Leamington in the Southern League Premier Division this term, following spells with Bedworth United and Nuneaton Griff at lower levels of the English football pyramid.

Youthhhhhhhh.

Lets just hope he's worth the time that will be invested in him unlike others who seemingly disappear.

Yep, he's 19 so he's going to have to make an impression reasonably soon. Our ambitions are high and we don't have the time to give chances to players unless they show some consistent promise.

5 figure fee and 14 month contract according to - http://www.nuneaton-news.co.uk/Sport/Blyth-joy-at-Leicester-City-move-10052012.htm?

Blyth joy at Leicester City move

by MATT DAVIES

NUNEATON-based striker Jacob Blyth is living his dream from today after he signed for Leicester City.

The Championship club have paid an undisclosed five figure sum to Leamington and handed the 19-year-old a 14-month contract.

He promptly quit his job in the accounts department at Cogsdill Engineering in Nuneaton after reaching the goal he set himself as a child.

Blyth said: “I’m over the moon. It’s what I’ve always dreamed but to actually say I am a professional footballer is amazing.

“Working in an office isn’t what I wanted. I actually did my last day there yesterday. To wake up every morning and know I’m going to play football is what I’ve always hoped for.

“I had a few games with Birmingham City reserves on trial. (Manager) Chris Hughton said they would be in touch over the summer, but Leicester had seen me play a couple of times and they came in for me.

“I had some offers of trials here, there and everywhere, but I couldn’t turn this chance down.

“I’ll enjoy it for now but then I’ve got a lot of hard work ahead of me.”

Former Nuneaton Griff and Bedworth United youngster Blyth admits he is unsure how he will adapt to the challenge ahead of him, but he is relishing the prospect of testing himself.

“Obviously it’s going to be a tough challenge. Almost all the other players will have been with pro clubs since they were little kids.

“I’ve gone the other route. I’ve played semi-pro and had a day job.

“I’ll be interested to see how I do. Leicester have told me they’ve signed me because they think I’ve got massive potential.

“I’ll have to work hard to realise it.”

Archived