Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ozwin

Let's have a TV shows thread.

1 hour ago, Costock_Fox said:

It's ok but how on earth they are dragging out 20 odd episodes of it is really starting to grate on me.

I don't know I gave up with it after four. It's just too unrealistic. it's like a 16 year old gender and sociology student's idea of politics.

12 hours ago, sphericalfox said:

American Gods. 2 episodes in and it's okay so far.

Just finished the first episode, I don't really know what to make of it which is how I felt after the first episode of legion. Since when did TV become so weird.

1 hour ago, Costock_Fox said:

Anyone watched Britain Today Tonight? Made by the Fonejacker guy but feels like a bit of a let down.

Saw it last week and it was mostly shit 

Anybody watching that Three Girls? Three part series based on the Rotherham Scandal. Pretty heavy viewing but a compelling watching and I'm glad this wasn't barred from TV, I guess the whiplash from a subject like this being censored made its own case. 

Edited by Finnaldo

Guest MattP
22 minutes ago, Finnaldo said:

Anybody watching that Three Girls? Three part series based on the Rotherham Scandal. Pretty heavy viewing but a compelling watching and I'm glad this wasn't barred from TV, I guess the whiplash from a subject like this being censored made its own case. 

Still not something I could watch at the minute though I do intend to one day. 

Reading the case was bad enough without getting angry and upset, let me know what you think of it afterwards.

58 minutes ago, MattP said:

Still not something I could watch at the minute though I do intend to one day. 

Reading the case was bad enough without getting angry and upset, let me know what you think of it afterwards.

My mum felt exactly the same way, so I recorded it for tomorrow evening and turned it over. Although from the fifteen minutes I watched it seems very gritty, exposé and bare boned; as a show in this context should be. Can't comment on the story for obvious reasons but cinematically and thematically it seems to have done the subject right. I'll report back on it once I've watched through all three episodes.

5 hours ago, rico said:

Anyone watching 3 Girls?

Watched a fair way into the first part but couldn't carry on. Usually able to keep fairly emotionally detached but if there's one thing that really pisses me off it's child abuse. 

I just don't understand it at all, you can get on the internet and find willing, legal aged whores for a few quid, surely that's a better way to get your jollies off if you can't pull a bird the right way. 

In the end though, I'm pretty fvcking glad I don't understand it.