Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ozwin

Let's have a TV shows thread.

20 minutes ago, FoxesDeb said:

I'd definitely try again with Narcos, it took me a while to get into it but it was worth it, one of the best things I've seen in ages. Other than that, I enjoyed Bloodline and Ozark, is Prison Break on there? I haven't tried Black Mirror yet but it's on my list. 

I watched 3 or 4 episodes of Narcos and just didn't enjoy it, same with Peaky Blinders. If I'm not enjoying by then I don't think it'll be worth the effort

Thanks for the suggestions everyone - @Carl the Llama I know nothing about Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency but I like it already purely for the title, definitely going to try that one

4 hours ago, Julian Joachim Jr Shabadoo said:

Need something new to watch on Netflix

Seen all of Breaking Bad, Stranger Things, Orange is the New Black, Mindhunter, Black Mirror - all brilliant

Tried to get into Better Call Saul, Peaky Blinders, Narcos and Wolf Creek, didn't like any of them. Not interested in Game of Thrones, the missus watches Walking Dead but it bores the shit out of me.

What else is there?

If Westworld is on there I think you'll like that.

Guest seanfox778
3 hours ago, FIF said:

If Westworld is on there I think you'll like that.

It’s not unfortunately, it’s a HBO show. Really great though, can’t wait for season 2.

In the second part of this week's Silent Witness, one guy's alibi was that he was in the pub watching Leicester Manure in the 7:45pm ko game. 

We are Massive.

1 hour ago, Sharpe's Fox said:

Winterwatch my dudes

Been an absolute LAD tonight watching that. Decent when it’s on about wildlife but when someone’s only way to evade Yewtree is to paddle in a freezing cold stream I’m out.

Undateables was off the scale cringe tonight.

28 minutes ago, Suzie the Fox said:

It’s been brilliant hasn’t it.  Really pleased and looking forward to season 2. 

I was concerned after the original teaser we got way back and then the setbacks in terms of airing it and the reported production problems.  I wasn't expecting much tbh and although we've had some good stuff with the new reboot movies, the last TV series was lacking.

But take that all back, I can't think of a single first TV series, Trek or not, that has left such a lasting impression as this.  I don't want it to end!  It's brilliant TV and I'm impressed by the new characters.  Slow burners some of them but Saru in that episode was superb.

8 hours ago, Costock_Fox said:

Why perplexed? It’s so funny, so many hilarious one liners.

That's just it - I personally mostly find it mildly amusing rather than hilarious (though the episode with the snarky Fish and Chip shop woman was brilliant). I suppose the situations in Derry Girls are less contrived than say Father Ted or the IT Crowd, and I actually quite like most of the characters in it. Though ultimately as with most things, I couldn't care less exactly why I like it so much, I've just accepted that it has become a must watch for me.

1 hour ago, Uranyl Yellow said:

That's just it - I personally mostly find it mildly amusing rather than hilarious (though the episode with the snarky Fish and Chip shop woman was brilliant). I suppose the situations in Derry Girls are less contrived than say Father Ted or the IT Crowd, and I actually quite like most of the characters in it. Though ultimately as with most things, I couldn't care less exactly why I like it so much, I've just accepted that it has become a must watch for me.

I’ve only watched two episodes so far, the accents help massively but it’s a top show.

Anyone watched Altered Carbon or Requiem yet. Both on my to see list from the write-ups.

This  week's Silent Witness was back to it's best again - probably because Emilia Fox took a back seat and two other people were featured.

Star Trek Discovery - I'm still unsure about it. I know some of you absolutely love it. I'm an SF fan and an original trekkie but this series hasn't broken through for me. I watched eps 11 last night having thought in eps10 that finally it had broken through but eps 11 was pretty boring. I don't like the way they explain everything as though we're dumb (even if it is aimed at a US audience) I find a couple of the actors really  poor and a couple really good. It has the potential to move into classic status but it could easily devolve into a nothing series.

Started the detectorists after reading opinions on here. Humour is such a personal characteristic that it's difficult to give a view. The first episode was quietly funny and I'm going to check out the rest of the season. So thanks.

Just finished the newest season of Vera - on a par with previous seasons more or less.

Also watching Cardinal which has some good points and some weak points but overall worth watching.