Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ozwin

Let's have a TV shows thread.

On 28/02/2018 at 09:20, MattP said:

Anyone watch This Country?

One of the funniest things I've seen on the Beeb for years.

Absulote genius.

Surprised it has not taken of more than it has after the first series.

Martin Mucklow being wanked off under the table by his sister in law and his mother in law had me in tears! ?

• Haha 2

17 hours ago, StanSP said:

anyone been watching Requiem on BBC One?

It's on my list - is it worthwhile?

12 hours ago, Tuna said:

Thoroughly enjoying the news series of Homeland.

Watched every season so far and enjoy it after I get past the annoyance of Carrie. Looking forward to watching this season in a couple of weeks when my work quietens down.

What I have watched recently:

Star Trek (the newest). It could have been so good but in the end I gave up after episode 13. Most of the actors are annoying, the plot is explained in too much detail (must be aimed at really thick Americans) and the writers actually seem to believe they are explaining something new and incredible when they aren't. Some good plot ideas but poorly carried out. The last straw for me was the emperor standing in the open and shooting down so many enemies without being killed herself. I should have realised that the writer's were up themselves when the main character - a woman - was called Michael.

Endeavour - another fantastic season, every story is a beauty to follow and watch.

Shetland - I'm enjoying it, enough intrigue and questions to keep us guessing and some decent acting and wonderful scenery.

Troy - watched 1 episode - gave up - poor acting.

Strike - another good story - shame they only made 3 so far.

Collateral - 2 episodes in. quite enjoying it but not fully convinced. Good enough to keep going.

Anyone watching Marcella, Electric Dreams, Brittania or the sinner and can give me a heads up on whether they are worth watching as they're on my list to be viewed soon.

6 minutes ago, FIF said:

Watched every season so far and enjoy it after I get past the annoyance of Carrie. Looking forward to watching this season in a couple of weeks when my work quietens down.

Star Trek (the newest). It could have been so good but in the end I gave up after episode 13. Most of the actors are annoying, the plot is explained in too much detail (must be aimed at really thick Americans) and the writers actually seem to believe they are explaining something new and incredible when they aren't. Some good plot ideas but poorly carried out. The last straw for me was the emperor standing in the open and shooting down so many enemies without being killed herself. I should have realised that the writer's were up themselves when the main character - a woman - was called Michael.

Endeavour - another fantastic season, every story is a beauty to follow and watch.

Shetland - I'm enjoying it, enough intrigue and questions to keep us guessing and some decent acting and wonderful scenery.

Collateral - 2 episodes in. quite enjoying it but not fully convinced. Good enough to keep going.

Anyone watching Marcella, Electric Dreams, Brittania or the sinner and can give me a heads up on whether they are worth watching as they're on my list to be viewed soon.

Loved Requiem ...   watched the last 3 episodes in one go ...

I liked Brittania but many didn't ...    give it a go and you'll know by 1 or 2 episodes if you like it ...

Troy was sh1te ...

Love Endeavour but keep falling asleep ....  :angry:

Ready for something new ...

(Mrs CF watches that 'Mum' or whatever its called ...   but only when I'm out ...   :)).

39 minutes ago, FIF said:

Brittania starts promisingly but soon degenerates into something rather ridiculous. 

For anyone who hasn't watched Ash vs Evil Dead, I implore you to watch it. It's immensely fun. 

Obviously based on the films and starring Bruce Campbell, it's more of the same gore, quips, rock music, one-liners and action. But turned right up to 11 compared to the films. 

It never fails to leave me with a huge smile on my face, and I'm not even a horror fan nowadays. It's just great fun. Probably my favourite show at the minute. 

S3 has just started. It's quite hard to find on UK tv as I think Virgin has the rights, but it can be downloaded easily enough. 

S1 trailer here:

https://youtu.be/-Yq3jeOmxSk

On 05/03/2018 at 09:23, lgfualol said:

Manhunt: Unabomber is a good watch. Started a little slow but I ended up watching the last 5 eps in a row. 

Same, and I enjoyed it more than Mindhunter.

Got a fair way in to Altered Carbon but might give up on it. The aesthetics are great, but it is pretty silly and has some clunky writing at times.

On 28/02/2018 at 09:20, MattP said:

Anyone watch This Country?

One of the funniest things I've seen on the Beeb for years.

I was promoting it on here last year but it fell on deaf ears.

its one of those programs you have to watch more than once as it gets funnier,

Found myself turning into them.

walked in someone’s office and said “Times up,fook off”

Taken from 1st series “Peeping Tom” an absolute corker and “Mandy” Those tattoos.

Guest seanfox778
3 hours ago, cambridgefox said:

I was promoting it on here last year but it fell on deaf ears.

its one of those programs you have to watch more than once as it gets funnier,

Found myself turning into them.

walked in someone’s office and said “Times up,fook off”

Taken from 1st series “Peeping Tom” an absolute corker and “Mandy” Those tattoos.

I love the scene when the guy who looks freakishly like Gareth from The Office is showing the vicar his favourite rave song lol

9 hours ago, FIF said:

I saw this advertised somewhere and decided to check it out tonight. I watched episode 1, which was 'different' in a dark mirror sort of way and without giving any spoilers found it warranted watching another episode. 

I will for sure watch the whole series. 

Save Me (Sky Atlantic, Lennie James, Stephen Graham, Jason Flemyng) is dark as ****. 

Brilliant performance piece though. 

Graham (playing a registered child sex offender) and Flemyng (a transvestite club owner) in particular going way off type. 

Edited by Finnegan

Guest seanfox778
6 minutes ago, Mark 'expert' Lawrenson said:

Is This is the comedy which is advertised with the girl in the four lions England shirt? I’ll give it a go

Yeah that's right, it's pretty good. They're all on the iPlayer also.

1 hour ago, Finnegan said:

Save Me (Sky Atlantic, Lennie James, Stephen Graham, Jason Flemyng) is dark as ****. 

Brilliant performance piece though. 

Graham (playing a registered child sex offender) and Flemyng (a transvestite club owner) in particular going way off type. 

I didn’t really get the ending. Thought it was good until then. I guess it leaves it open for a second series.

6 minutes ago, howlinmadmurfdoc said:

I didn’t really get the ending. Thought it was good until then. I guess it leaves it open for a second series.

I thought the ending was excellent, pretty gutting really. I immediately just went "ah, no." Definitely set up for season two, yeah. Probably a bit unnecessary tbh and might ruin it.

@FIF...Please dont take my recommendation of Electric Dreams as anything to go by. I watched a couple more episodes last night and i can not make my mind up about the show. The story lines are creative & different BUT for me the endings are not to my liking. It feels as if there is no ending and the show finishes about 5 or 10 mins too soon . 

Would be interested in your thoughts if you get to watch it. :D