Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ozwin

Let's have a TV shows thread.

19 minutes ago, deejdeej said:

Peaky Blinders was brilliant last night, a great way to end the series without needing a cliffhanger.

I actually think this might have been my favourite season yet. Thought Arthur was dead for certain lol.

• Like 1

League Of Their Own.

I know it's been on for years but i've only recently started watching it.

I've not watched it before because I can't stand James Cordon but I can just about deal with him on this - the others carry him through.

Edited by Matt

Binged Stranger Things the past couple of days.  It's good but it's not worthy of the hype, especially not season 1.

There are too many little bits of bullshit like sound-proof 4th walls where a character walks 5m offscreen and suddenly they can't hear everyone shouting and nobody can hear them all in the name of tension, but by far the biggest gripe is this:

There's just no way a single fireball kills a Demogorgon - assuming the kids are playing first edition then it has 200hp and the fireball spell does xd6 damage where x=player level... so Will's wizard would have to be at least level 34 to kill it in one fireball and that's assuming at least 32 of the d6s land on 6 while the other 2 cover the final 8hp between them, in short it's total BS and I want my money back.

• Haha 2

11 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

Jodie Whittaker is gonna be good. 

I hope. 

Now that Moffat has finally left I hope so too.

Capaldi definitely deserved a better run during his time - his doctor grew on me, it's just such a shame that the stories were dreadful for the first couple of series of his run.  Even the Xmas episode the other day just didn't do enough for me, it was bland in places, especially the regen scene - it all felt a bit flat, which pretty much sums up Capaldi's run as a whole.  Compare this to Tennant's exit, that's streets ahead.

People bang on and on about Whittaker taking over - she is not the problem at all, Moffat was.

Chibnall will hopefully turn this around - I read somewhere that he had a plan for a female doctor right from the get go once he took over so I expect this to go a lot better than Moffat's run which, at times, was unwatchable.

1 hour ago, Legend_in_blue said:

Now that Moffat has finally left I hope so too.

Capaldi definitely deserved a better run during his time - his doctor grew on me, it's just such a shame that the stories were dreadful for the first couple of series of his run.  Even the Xmas episode the other day just didn't do enough for me, it was bland in places, especially the regen scene - it all felt a bit flat, which pretty much sums up Capaldi's run as a whole.  Compare this to Tennant's exit, that's streets ahead.

People bang on and on about Whittaker taking over - she is not the problem at all, Moffat was.

Chibnall will hopefully turn this around - I read somewhere that he had a plan for a female doctor right from the get go once he took over so I expect this to go a lot better than Moffat's run which, at times, was unwatchable.

You’re right, Capaldi deserved better. But he did the best with what he was given, which did have (some) great moments, but now mostly feels like a wasted opportunity. 

Chibnall and Whittaker though have just inherited the cleanest slate since 2005. 

New Doctor

New showrunner

New writing team

New format 

New TARDIS Inside & out

No Time War/Time Lord/Gallifrey mystery left hanging over

No regeneration limit

No old companions (last 3 are definitively deceased)

No River Song/Strax etc threads hanging...

Personally I can’t wait to see what they do with it. 

I didn't mind the original reboot of Doctor Who with Christopher Ecclestone, but I can't say I thought much of any of his successors. I had high hopes for Peter Capaldi, but it came to nought, though there is probably truth in the claim that it's the writers more than the actor to blame. To be honest all the pseudo scientific babble makes my teeth itch. I'll probably give Jodie Whittaker a watch to see if any interest is rekindled.

Dinosaur 13, I remember hearing and seeing older documentaries on this story but this was the kind of story you could make a movie about.

To see where it finally ended up, amazing story.

What started with finding a nearly complete T-rex fossil called Sue, went through the FBI and National guard being called out, court cases and unbelievably a prison sentence and a record breaking Sotheby's auction.

Guest seanfox778
2 hours ago, sdb said:

Black mirror tomorrow isn't it?! Need to finish stranger things first. Too much to watch and too little time! 

That’s correct! I am looking forward to it, Black Mirror kind of reminds me of The Twilight Zone. 

Peaky Blinders was a good season. Presently watching season 3 of the tunnel which I'm enjoying a lot.

Has anyone watched startup or Babylon Berlin as I'm considering watching them next and what about the frankenstein chronicles, gunpowder and  spies of Warsaw.

On 29/12/2017 at 09:39, FIF said:

Peaky Blinders was a good season. Presently watching season 3 of the tunnel which I'm enjoying a lot.

Has anyone watched startup or Babylon Berlin as I'm considering watching them next and what about the frankenstein chronicles, gunpowder and  spies of Warsaw.

Startup - only watched first episode - poor acting and predictable used before tired script.

Babylon Berlin - had a russian script so no idea.

Frankenstein chronicles - easy to watch

gunpowder - first episode was meh but wife enjoyed it

Spies of warsaw - boring, wife loved it.