Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ozwin

Let's have a TV shows thread.

13 hours ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

I've been in and out of hospital for the last month and had a lot of time on my hands. So to celebrate 10 years since the first episode of Breaking Bad, I decided to watch all 5 series again - pretty much back to back. I've got 4 episodes left of the final series and on reflection, it's still the best goddamn TV show in history ever.

Have you ever tried the american office (not that its ANYTHING like BB) but I have just watched all nine seasons again and really enjoyed it. It takes two seasons to get going away from the UK version and become a stand alone show that is quality.

7 minutes ago, ozleicester said:

Have you ever tried the american office (not that its ANYTHING like BB) but I have just watched all nine seasons again and really enjoyed it. It takes two seasons to get going away from the UK version and become a stand alone show that is quality.

No I haven't yet Oz but I'm a massive fan of the UK Office and if it's even half as good as that then it must definitely worth watching. Cheers :thumbup:

1 minute ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

No I haven't yet Oz but I'm a massive fan of the UK Office and if it's even half as good as that then it must definitely worth watching. Cheers :thumbup:

UK Office is pure and simple genius, nothing will match it. The US version begins as a direct copy, but once it realises the yanks cant do that level of wit and comedy and then goes off to become its own show...its is brilliant (not UK brilliant, but) some amazing subtleties and superb characters.

It does have soem pop ups and pop unders but if you can navigate them (Adblocker essential)  this site is brilliant for watching them....

http://watchtheofficeonline.com/

• Thanks 1

BB was okay the sopranos and the shield were good too but for those type of series I think the Wire beats them hands down.

I don't think any would be in my top 5 though.

Justified, Vikings and Marco polo would probably be somewhere in my top 5 and I'd have a separate top 5 for detectives - which would be incredibly difficult to choose. 

11 hours ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

Yeah, I wouldn’t recommend the illness bit Face but if you do ever get the time I’d thoroughly suggest blasting through it again. It’s been so much better second time around as I’ve got more into the detail and key relationships. Walter White is my fvckin hero :)

The Sopranos would be my second favourite behind BB tbf Bear and I’d also have the Shield in my top 5. Vic Macky is a brilliant character and the ending was awesome as you say. P.S. I’m one of the 1% who’s never seen an episode of GoT so maybe that’s next for me :)

What did you picked up this time around?  

Guest seanfox778

I’ve found myself watching the original Star Trek series, never seen it before but I’m on episode 5. Pretty good although I prefer the old Twilight Zone, still annoyed they took that off Netflix.

45 minutes ago, The Blur said:

What did you picked up this time around?  

I never really 'got' Skyler first time around. She was always just a peripheral figure to me but I found her to be a lot deeper and more complex this time. She still pissed me off as did her annoying sister but I enjoyed Hank's character much more second time around - loved his humour and one-liners that I'd glossed over first time.

Jessie really grew on me this time around. I thought Aaron Paul played the part superbly and I underestimated him first time - especially the different emotions he managed and displayed. There were so many characters that I studied more and really got into - especially Mike and Gus who were both even more compelling. Saul was so much better too and was a real character - I still haven't watched the spin off yet!

And finally Bryan Cranston is just the king as Walt. What an amazing character and brilliantly played. I can't speak highly enough of the whole series really. I know it's got it's flaws and it's not everyone's cup of tea but for me it's as close to perfection as TV series gets...

Edited by Izzy Muzzett
  • Like 1

On 19/01/2018 at 13:49, Suzie the Fox said:

I watch way too many shows but one of my recent favourites which i have not seen mentioned is Sense8 - http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2431438/?ref_=nv_sr_2

sadly it only lasted 2 seasons but was really REALLY good. Some great individual and strong characters rolls. Hard to choose a favorite and storyline is something ive not seen before 9/10. 

Vikings is awesome, even the latest season without Ragnor, has been good. 

Loving Star Trek discovery, although i find the woman in it with a guys name abit annoying. 

Big shout out to Supernatural which has been going for probably too long now and is getting 'samey' but still look forward to every new episode, mainly for Dean's one liners. 

Could of chucked a spoiler in there for someone who's only just finished the 3rd season of Vikings :dry:lol.

I agree though, it is an amazing program and I'm amazed it's took me this long to watch it.

I'm sure its been mentioned before but the detectorists is probably one of my favourite all time shows. Only recently discovered it. 

Series 1 and 2 on Netflix, 3 is on the Iplayer. Just finished season 2 myself and it is amazing. 

If you fancy something that isn't dark and depressing then check this out! 

Anyone else seen it?

6 minutes ago, RonnieTodger said:

Can someone reliably inform me that Black Mirror gets better? I know they're standalone episodes and you can watch in any order, but I've watched the first two series and they're shite. I've heard great things about the new series, but I've only liked 1 out of 6 so far.

Personally I thought the first two series were the best. Three was ok with a couple of decent episodes but series 4 was a big let down for me after an ok first episode. If you thought the first two series were shite then I can’t see it getting much better for you!

1 hour ago, RonnieTodger said:

Can someone reliably inform me that Black Mirror gets better? I know they're standalone episodes and you can watch in any order, but I've watched the first two series and they're shite. I've heard great things about the new series, but I've only liked 1 out of 6 so far.

You've watched the best 2 seasons so it's probably not for you 

Need something new to watch on Netflix

Seen all of Breaking Bad, Stranger Things, Orange is the New Black, Mindhunter, Black Mirror - all brilliant

Tried to get into Better Call Saul, Peaky Blinders, Narcos and Wolf Creek, didn't like any of them. Not interested in Game of Thrones, the missus watches Walking Dead but it bores the shit out of me.

What else is there?

5 minutes ago, Julian Joachim Jr Shabadoo said:

Seen all of Breaking Bad, Stranger Things, Orange is the New Black, Mindhunter, Black Mirror - all brilliant

Tried to get into Better Call Saul, Peaky Blinders, Narcos and Wolf Creek, didn't like any of them. Not interested in Game of Thrones, the missus watches Walking Dead but it bores the shit out of me.

What else is there?

Dunno if it's on UK Netflix but I enjoyed How To Get Away With Murder. A great binge show. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Julian Joachim Jr Shabadoo said:

What else is there?

I'd definitely try again with Narcos, it took me a while to get into it but it was worth it, one of the best things I've seen in ages. Other than that, I enjoyed Bloodline and Ozark, is Prison Break on there? I haven't tried Black Mirror yet but it's on my list. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Julian Joachim Jr Shabadoo said:

What else is there?

House of cards - best show on there

the sinner

fargo

manhunt Unabomber 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Julian Joachim Jr Shabadoo said:

What else is there?

Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency.  You're welcome.

• Like 1