Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ozwin

Let's have a TV shows thread.

22 minutes ago, FIF said:

Startup - only watched first episode - poor acting and predictable used before tired script.

Babylon Berlin - had a russian script so no idea.

Frankenstein chronicles - easy to watch

gunpowder - first episode was meh but wife enjoyed it

Spies of warsaw - boring, wife loved it.

Pretty average the lot of them ..

Star Trek: Enterprise pales in comparison to TNG.

Rather poor casting choices, hardly anyone to root for, little to no exciting drama, no antagonist(s) to love to hate like Q and characters that usually talk too much pointless stuff.

The intro song's also tacky as hell.

No wonder it was cancelled after four seasons.

51 minutes ago, MC Prussian said:

Star Trek: Enterprise pales in comparison to TNG.

Rather poor casting choices, hardly anyone to root for, little to no exciting drama, no antagonist(s) to love to hate like Q and characters that usually talk too much pointless stuff.

The intro song's also tacky as hell.

No wonder it was cancelled after four seasons.

I thought it got better as it went on, to the point where I quite liked the final season. I agree about the characters though, most of the main characters were deeply uninteresting and quite frankly you couldn't give a rat's arse whether they lived or died. However, there was a occasional appearance by Start Trek perennial Jeffery Combs, who put in a decent performance as a blue chap with big attennas. Also agree about the theme song, which by itself was probably reason enough to cancel the show. 

1 hour ago, RonnieTodger said:

Anyone watched Mindhunter on Netflix? Pretty slow start, but really into it now. I'm 8 episodes in. 

It was all the rage.......last year.

Presently watching the second season of Narcos - it's okay but not a patch on the first season. The first season was so informative and this second season is more like a film whereas the first was like a documentary.  How does the third season compare to the first two?

Edited by Guest

5 hours ago, FIF said:

Presently watching the second season of Narcos - it's okay but not a patch on the first season. The first season was so informative and this second season is more like a film whereas the first was like a documentary.  How does the third season compare to the first two?

Third season is the best of the lot - the Cali story line is much more interesting.

Edited by Wookie
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, FIF said:

I preferred the first 2 series personally but others preferred the 3rd

Loved Narcos, all of 'em!

Couldn't stand Stranger Things, Mr Robot, second season of Man In The High Castle.

Didn't particularly like Game Of Thrones at first but my son insisted I persisted and I'm glad I did :)

Badlands is a really cool leave-your-brain-behind show with an excellent bad guy portrayal.

Liked The Americans but the last season just ran out of steam for me.

Preacher is awesome, Walking Dead was awesome, went stale in the middle for a season or two but improved once Negan and his mates came around.

I enjoyed the first seasons of Chance and Mindhunter on Amazon, and The Exorcist series on Sky SyFy I think it is.

All the Fargo seasons are excellent and finally I would recommend The Night Manager on Amazon.

On 04/01/2018 at 23:19, Costock_Fox said:

Hunted is back on C4. How stupid some people are really beggars belief.

Caught after about 4 hours. That was amazing. I was watching the father & son calling home thinking "that's got to be a code, they're not that stupid". Turns out they were. 

16 hours ago, Uranyl Yellow said:

In the post Christmas slump, I've just been trawling through the C4 back-catalogue and started watching Brass Eye again. I'd forgotten how brilliant this series was. Must be over twenty years old now, but still fresh and extremely funny.

We need Brass Eye back on the telly.

On 06/01/2018 at 02:19, urban.spaceman said:

Caught after about 4 hours. That was amazing. I was watching the father & son calling home thinking "that's got to be a code, they're not that stupid". Turns out they were. 

I know, like they have never watched the program 

On ‎06‎/‎01‎/‎2018 at 09:02, MC Prussian said:

Just saw the trailer for "The End of the ****ing World". Hilarious and hilariously dark:

Is it as good as the trailer suggests?

Average, at best.

Finished season 2 of Narcos, not as good as season one but still pretty good.

Vikings continues to amaze me in that I've enjoyed every episode of every season.

First episode of the new Cardinal season was good.

Laboured my way through the first episode of Knightfall - can anyone tell me if it gets better as I like to give series at least a couple of episodes to guage them but not sure I will otherwise.

Also did anyone watch the first episode of Hard Sun - I marked it as a potential watch but I'm interested in feedback from those who saw it.

On 1/6/2018 at 09:02, MC Prussian said:

Just saw the trailer for "The End of the ****ing World". Hilarious and hilariously dark:

Is it as good as the trailer suggests?

My other half likes it and watched it when it was on Channel 4 last autumn, I watched a couple on her recommendation and it's highly rated but I couldn't get into it. I wanted to like it but the main pair just annoyed me.

8 hours ago, FIF said:

Also did anyone watch the first episode of Hard Sun - I marked it as a potential watch but I'm interested in feedback from those who saw it.

I saw the first episode and found it all a bit meh. I'll probably continue watching, but only as a noise in the corner of the room sort of way. Saying that, I think it's probably something that will polarize opinion so you may well love it.

9 hours ago, FIF said:

Finished season 2 of Narcos, not as good as season one but still pretty good.

Vikings continues to amaze me in that I've enjoyed every episode of every season.

even when ragnar became a druggie? i hated those episodes! and the story about the girl that gave him the drug felt like a waste of time.

think the best episodes were when ragnar was young, travis is an amazing and underrated actor. him and the actors for floki and ivar were great. the really old ragnar was great too but the druggie ragnar wasn't my favourite/spoiler]