Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ozwin

Let's have a TV shows thread.

On 16/09/2018 at 09:04, breadandcheese said:

Absolutely incredible show, especially being an animated show of such bizarreness. It allows it to explore stuff in a way that other shows can't. Some of the episodes in season 4 was something else.

And the new season is out now so there's something to watch on telly again.

Just seen the episode with the summer house and the flash backs to his mother's youth. The lobotomy ending was just :|

I love how quickly it escalates to ridiculously heavy. 

35 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Just seen the episode with the summer house and the flash backs to his mother's youth. The lobotomy ending was just :|

I love how quickly it escalates to ridiculously heavy. 

That's early on in the season isn't it?  The whole season is heavy, but the penultimate episode takes it to a new level and just left me sitting there for a good ten minutes.  I'm not going to issue any spoilers or go into detail for you, but I don't think I'll ever see an episode on a TV show like it again.  It was 10/10.  There's also an episode with Princess Carolyn that's incredibly well done.

To be honest, I'm amazed Bojack hasn't got much traction as a show over here in the UK.  Maybe it's because it's only on netflix.  I only stumbled upon it by chance.

Edited by breadandcheese

I've been meaning to watch it for a while because I really like Will Arnett, tbh I didn't even realise Alison Brie was in it. 

It's terrific though. I was expecting something just like Rick and Morty so I'm really thrilled it's got a **** load more depth than that. 

Think it's a lot better than R&M tbh. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

I've been meaning to watch it for a while because I really like Will Arnett, tbh I didn't even realise Alison Brie was in it. 

It's terrific though. I was expecting something just like Rick and Morty so I'm really thrilled it's got a **** load more depth than that. 

I actually think BoJack is Will Arnett's best work, which is weird as it's a cartoon, he's great, and it's impossible not to hear the Final Countdown without thinking of where the lighter fluid came from.  But despite it being a cartoon, I think he nails it every time.  I was reading something at the weekend that if they were casting Bojack today, they wouldn't have cast Alison Brie, not because she's not good, but because they'd look for a Vietnamese-American actress.

Rick and Morty is great TV, but you can pick it up whenever you want, whatever mood you're in.  I find with Bojack, you've really got to sit down and switch on.

By the way, if you like Alison Brie, I recommend watching Glow on netflix.  That's a good watch too.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Binged the entire new season this weekend. A slightly different feel to the previous seasons, but still terrific stuff. Bold, clever, funny writing. Probably the best depiction of depression on the box at the moment and it's lead by a talking horse lol

• Like 2

16465468_1255435497865593_6372733793605779456_n.jpg

BoJack is a very special show - it tackles complex issues about depression, self-belief, anxiety and the hardship of relationships; all whilst being very funny, very clever and stacked full of nods to 80s / 90s culture.

It's made me laugh a lot, cry a little and has helped me make sense of some issues that I've gone through in the last few years. Very powerful for an animated show. 

• Like 4

Guest seanfox778
41 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

Only one season of The Sopranos to go. Genuinely don’t want to get the end of it as that’ll be it. Some amazing characters in this show 

I’m rewatching it for the 5th time now, near the end of season 4. It has to be my all-time favourite drama show.

35 minutes ago, breadandcheese said:

I actually think BoJack is Will Arnett's best work, which is weird as it's a cartoon, he's great, and it's impossible not to hear the Final Countdown without thinking of where the lighter fluid came from.  But despite it being a cartoon, I think he nails it every time.  I was reading something at the weekend that if they were casting Bojack today, they wouldn't have cast Alison Brie, not because she's not good, but because they'd look for a Vietnamese-American actress.

Rick and Morty is great TV, but you can pick it up whenever you want, whatever mood you're in.  I find with Bojack, you've really got to sit down and switch on.

By the way, if you like Alison Brie, I recommend watching Glow on netflix.  That's a good watch too.

Peak Will Arnett:

giphy.gif

Peak Alison Brie:

annie-run5.gif?w=650

I mean I otherwise agree with you. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, Webbo said:

Just seen my uncle on The Antiques Roadshow. I knew he'd get himself on the telly :D 

My sky box is rammed with relatives who’ve been on the telly ...   singing contests, drama series, reality programmes, quiz shows, films ...    you name they’ve been on it ...   not me though !!

2 hours ago, Countryfox said:

My sky box is rammed with relatives who’ve been on the telly ...   singing contests, drama series, reality programmes, quiz shows, films ...    you name they’ve been on it ...   not me though !!

Set your recorder, I'm on Naked Attraction  next week.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Webbo said:

Set your recorder, I'm on Naked Attraction  next week.

Will do mate ...   just checked the TV guide as to which episode it might be and I’m pretty sure it’s the week after next ..    S4 Eps 6 ...     quote     “ ..   and alleged painter and decorator Webster looks for another man with a similar sized small kn0b ...   “       must be that one ...    :thumbup:

• Haha 1