Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ozwin

Let's have a TV shows thread.

Another week closer and another unimpressive trailer.

The BBC are doing their best to set the expectation level as low as possible.  I'll probably still give it a chance but, unless the story telling is top notch, I can't see it continuing much longer.  The issue isn't with casting Jodie Whittaker, I'm fine with that, although that's many people's first port of call when giving it criticism.  It's the fact that it's in danger of being left behind in terms of the spectacle it provides on the TV.  Take Netflix, so many decent sci-fi shows - Stranger Things, Altered Carbon, Lost in Space, ST Discovery, big budgets, CGI, entertainment, it's all there - but the BBC plods along and gives us schoolboy visuals, Bradley Walsh and a dreadful soundtrack.

I want it to succeed, I really do, but I just can't see it happening.

9 hours ago, oakman said:

Rewatching Curb Your Enthusiasm and enjoying it just as much second time around.

Also, watched The Circle on Channel 4 and am quite enjoying it. Much to my annoyance.

I'm very much enjoying it but Freddie is getting right on my tits. Why the hell does he have to shout at everything? He's one person I'd want to slap in the face regularly. He's over compensating for his sexuality I think when there's no need. 

On 25/09/2018 at 16:17, Babylon said:

Started watching Jack Ryan on Amazon Prime and so far it's one of the best shows I've seen in a long time.

On 25/09/2018 at 18:55, ScouseFox said:

watched all of the bodyguard and killing eve in the last week. both dece. 

All fantastic.

Jack Ryan and Killing Eve are the best things for a long time.

3 hours ago, Facecloth said:

Not feeling The Cry on BBC1. I don't mind a bit of time hopping in dramas, but this is excessive. It's every two or three minutes, almost impossible to follow a narrative.

Came to the opposite conclusion for the same reasons personally. I agree that it was excessive (I counted at least 6 different timelines - probably more), and that it was harder to follow each one compared to something like The Missing, but ultimately it fell into a sort of rhythm of one timeline referencing an event, another lending more context to it and then another that showed something related before. I enjoyed it more as the episode went on. Thought Jenna Coleman was very good.

I won't say I'm enthralled, more intrigued as to where it will go next...

Looking forward to series 3 of The Man in the High Castle on Amazon this Friday.

Watched the entire of season 1 of Car Masters, Rust to Riches on Netflix last weekend. Just started off with a "Oh I can turn it off after 10 minutes if it's....." attitude and finished up with "What do you mean that's all there is!!!" :D

2 hours ago, seanfox778 said:

The X-Files is on Amazon Prime. Time for a re-watch.

I think you'll be disappointed.

I found it really dated and stopped watching pretty quickly.

Late to the party as usual, but whilst I’ve had prime for a while now I’ve never really watched anything other than the top gear thing! Anyway I decided to watch Jean Claude Van Johnson and it blew me away, absolutely loved it, very funny as well. Pity they cancelled it, loved me a bit of Van when I was younger. 

22 hours ago, FIF said:

I think you'll be disappointed.

I found it really dated and stopped watching pretty quickly.

I love the show but yes it is incredibly dated now.

4 hours ago, Tuna said:

I love the show but yes it is incredibly dated now.

I've recently watched it all back and still enjoyed it. Most things date I guess  but the show is still a good watch if you liked it first time round. 

Guest MattP
5 minutes ago, Webbo said:

The man in the High Castle starts again tomorrow.

Have they done this by the book or expanded and extended it?