Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ozwin

Let's have a TV shows thread.

1 hour ago, MattP said:

Love how the description for "Maradona in Mexico" documentary on Netflix doesn't even tell us which team he'll manage, but does tell us he's at the home of the Sinoloa cartel.

Guardiola played for them in 2000s, Dorados iirc

1 hour ago, Trav Le Bleu said:

Just finished watching that BBC adaptation (I say adaptation, but it was closer to butchery) of War of the Worlds.

So much awfulness.

I know it's been adapted into a 2 hour film in the past. and that seemed enough time, but three hour long episodes wasn't long enough. I just didn't get into it enough. It felt rushed.

1 hour ago, Trav Le Bleu said:

Just finished watching that BBC adaptation (I say adaptation, but it was closer to butchery) of War of the Worlds.

So much awfulness.

Watched all three episodes and felt Spielbergs movie was so many levels above, which shows just how poor this drivel was.

I’m watching Homeland. Currently on S6. 

Starting to slightly wear a bit thin now. Still enjoyed the majority of it though. 

On a side note, just bought Spiral (Engranage) 

Someone lent me S1-S6 but the S3 discs were blank! I refused to watch any more until I bought S3! 

I was also sold Braquo S1-S4 by the same woman. She reckons it’s nearly as good as Spiral. I bought them off her with no research whatsoever. 

12 minutes ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

Rewatching the wire, cant ****ing beat it 

Is it on Amazon or Netflix?

I still haven’t seen it and swear last time I looked it wasn’t on either.

2 hours ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

It's on now TV cocker 

God I ain't heard that saying for a while :D.

My granddad used to say cocker back in the day. You haven't got Lancastrian ancestry have you chap?

Edited by Izzy

18 minutes ago, whoareyaaa said:

watched some Bob Lazar doc on Netflix last night, thought it was pretty interesting. 

I've heard his story before but after seeing this I think I believe what he has seen.

I pretty much thought the same. He does seem legit doesn't he. Saying that I'm an X-Files fan so I want to believe lol 

28 minutes ago, Soup said:

I pretty much thought the same. He does seem legit doesn't he. Saying that I'm an X-Files fan so I want to believe lol 

lol I've always found his story interesting obviously if it is true there would be a lot of dis information out there trying to discredit him.

The fact he had rockets in his garage at home along with his knowledge in the field, I'm going to have to say the bloke is legit.

Why would he still be telling his story 30 years later.

Usually you can tell if someone is bullshitting by there persona and so on but this guy is very believable. love it.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, ithuriel said:

Decided to rewatch Band of Brothers on DVD, cant believe how many actors are in there that made it big in minor roles, in other words died early on.

Still a great show to view multiple times.

Wonderful score by the late Michael Kamen too. 

• Like 1