Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ozwin

Let's have a TV shows thread.

Dracula was a lot better than I expected, part one is definitely not for the kiddies and even though I nearly groaned at one or two bits, it was just the writers playing around, all in all it looks a lot better investment of my time than that War of the Worlds garbage that was out a month or so ago.

Edited by ithuriel

2 hours ago, StanSP said:

First episode done and halfway through the second. It's quite slow. Did you finish it all?

Yeah I did, just couldn’t get in to it but it’s quite a good story really (not good but you get what I mean) 

Last episode of Dracula tonight and I'm not overly impressed ...   Mrs CF and my mate down the pub have already thrown in the towel.  A bit toooo smart arsed for my liking (typical Gatiss) and not in the slightest bit scary imo ...   more silly !    I remember Salems Lot which was streets better imo ...   James Mason was fantastic and when the Master came into the room ...   ooooow !!   And as for the scene when the little dead lad floated about outside tapping on the window ! ....   the hair on my neck was straight up !!!   :o

35 minutes ago, Countryfox said:

Last episode of Dracula tonight and I'm not overly impressed ...   Mrs CF and my mate down the pub have already thrown in the towel.  A bit toooo smart arsed for my liking (typical Gatiss) and not in the slightest bit scary imo ...   more silly !    I remember Salems Lot which was streets better imo ...   James Mason was fantastic and when the Master came into the room ...   ooooow !!   And as for the scene when the little dead lad floated about outside tapping on the window ! ....   the hair on my neck was straight up !!!   :o

Was impressed with ep1 but ep2 was trying to be clever and staying on the ship was not a good setting and slowed the pacing right down, hoping ep3 can redeem it.

If you want scary vamps, the Strain is a decent series, though it strayed a bit from the books towards the end, as for Salems Lott, have it on DVD, both versions but the 70s version is the best.

Edited by ithuriel
  • Like 1