Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ozwin

Let's have a TV shows thread.

The Mandalorian has been a lot more light-hearted than the "dark and gritty side of Star Wars" some expected, which makes total sense since it is a Disney show. 

I've really enjoyed the first two episodes, regardless of whatever tone it has.

I've watched the first couple of episodes of The Mandalorian and it now has me wanting more.

The first episode was typical Star Wars although it definitely had something different about it.  Roll on the second episode and it's great.  Jawas brilliant.  About as close to the Star Wars originals as you can get for modern day stuff.  Far better than Johnson's miserable effort and the so-so Han Solo.  Rogue One was decent enough and now this is following suit.  Pity it's only 8 episodes long!

Second series incoming though.  :thumbup:

On the second episode of Guilt. It's on the iplayer, made by bbc Scotland. About two brothers who run over and kill and terminally ill man and try and hide their part in it, but keep getting pulled back into it. Remarkably lighthearted for the subject matter. 

Finally sat down to binge watch American Horror Story 1984 

I grew up in the 80's, so I thoroughly enjoyed all the references.

Being a fan of movies like Halloween and Friday The 13th, guess I was expecting something different than what was delivered - I ended up getting frustrated with all the ridiculousness, and stopped at episode 7

Now watching Impulse, and really enjoying it

Buzzing to read today that in December they are releasing The Witcher as a show, loved the game and stoked for it to come out. Also plus point is all x8 episodes are being released in 1 go.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt5180504/episodes?season=1&ref_=tt_eps_sn_1

Edited by Suzie the Fox

Finally got around to watching the latest series of It's Always Sunny.... Very hit and miss and seemed a lot more melancholy and sentimental than previously, which incidentally for me felt like some of the best moments / episodes - Eagles Super bowl, Mac finding his pride contemporary dance (which was quite beautiful by the way) etc. 

Had a final series feel tbh. Don't know if this is the case. 

Anyone watched 'StartUp' on Amazon featuring Martin Freeman? 

I saw the first couple of eps and I'm intrigued but not sure if to stick with it.

Freeman's american accent is weird and he'll always be Tim from the Office or a Hobbit for me. 

3 minutes ago, Izzy said:

Anyone watched 'StartUp' on Amazon featuring Martin Freeman? 

I saw the first couple of eps and I'm intrigued but not sure if to stick with it.

Freeman's american accent is weird and he'll always be Tim from the Office or a Hobbit for me. 

Yeah I’ve seen it. First season is pretty good then it just gets stupid.

• Thanks 1

Anyone watches Britannia? I am in love with Cara and I think it is amazing. Doesn’t take its self too seriously and it’s actually quite well written. More important it tells the story of Boudicca well an interpretation of it. One that comes with all the myths and magic of what Druidic Britain would have been. Second season is pretty funny in places too. 

• Like 1

On 22/11/2019 at 08:19, Brizzle Fox said:

Finally got around to watching the *until recently latest series of It's Always Sunny.... Very hit and miss and seemed a lot more melancholy and sentimental than previously, which incidentally for me felt like some of the best moments / episodes - Eagles Super bowl, Mac finding his pride contemporary dance (which was quite beautiful by the way) etc. 

Had a final series feel tbh. Don't know if this is the case. 

It was quite a disjointed series, definitely. Though there were some cracking episodes, like Boggs Reboot, New Wheels, Time's Up and Mac Finds His Pride (the dance was amazing.)

S14 just finished in the states and was a huge improvement overall IMO. The Zoo episode and Noir spoof were particularly outstanding!

On 19/11/2019 at 02:46, lgfualol said:

Anyone still watching Mr Robot? Season 3 lost a lot of people but this season haa been brilliant and last night's episode was beyond words really, jesus christ.

I'm watching season 3 now. The first season blew me away.

Mr Robot is a masterpiece.  Don't know why I love dystopian mysteries so much.

Probably the 'felt life' of watching a reality that seems so possible and inevitable. Affected me like 'Children of Men'.

Love how the description for "Maradona in Mexico" documentary on Netflix doesn't even tell us which team he'll manage, but does tell us he's at the home of the Sinoloa cartel.