Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ozwin

Let's have a TV shows thread.

2 hours ago, egg_fried_rice said:

Brilliant as always. Mature and silly in equal measures. I've got a bit of sick feeling anticipating what's gonna come in the final run of episodes after the way they set it up.

I thought it (S6) was a bit shit in the first few episodes to be honest, it felt like just some whimsical wrapping up giving everyone a fitting ending. Rushed, forced, bits of fan service, like a cheesy farewell tour of some ageing rock band. 

So I'm glad they've set it up for a darker finish, the whole moral of the story has been that Bojack can't just simply half arse some attempt at self awareness to make up for the shit he's done. He doesn't deserve happiness that easily. 

It was a clever twist what they did with Gina, my heart went out to both her and Hollyhock. 

Edit:

as an aside, the one bit of fan service I did enjoy was Mr. PB finally getting his crossover episode

lol

Edited by Finnegan

10 hours ago, UniFox21 said:

The new series of Jack Ryan has impressed me so far. I'm 2 episodes in, whilst I've called most things that are happening, its a good watch and woukd recommend.

Reluctantly dropped my Amazon Prime account but then replaced it with Netflix. 

I liked the first season of Jack Ryan. 

Anyone got this Bbc4 thing on British nuclear preparations during the cold war? 

Fascinating. And utterly absurd a the same time. reminds me of my ever present childhood fear of the four minute warning going off was actually real. 

Edited to add: what a sad ending. That was really moving.

Edited by Paninistickers

That BBC4 programme about the preparations for a 'hot war' during the cold war period proved that the human race is both the cleverest and most stupid species on the planet. Much was made of the plight of the British Army 'guinea pigs', who were deliberately placed near the terrible hydrogen-bomb explosions on Christmas Island in the late fifties. However, my sympathies also lie with the indigenous population of humans and wildlife. The local people were taken away from their homes, whilst the wildlife was completely decimated. Basically, part of what was once a place of paradise was instantly turned into hell on Earth by us Brits. It was truly shocking stuff, from an era when the norm seemed to be passive acceptance of whatever the politicians and military decided to do, supposedly on our behalf.

5 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

Need something new to binge watch so might give try Jack Ryan.

I've just finished Money Heist which was fvckin brilliant. If you've haven't seen it then well worth a watch.

Started Jack Ryan on Monday. Only a few eps in but really enjoying it so far.

1 minute ago, Izzy said:

I've just finished Money Heist which was fvckin brilliant. If you've haven't seen it then well worth a watch.

Started Jack Ryan on Monday. Only a few eps in but really enjoying it so far.

I watch all my streaming through an APK on a Amazon Fire Box and as yet have't found a subtitled stream of Money Heist. 

I know I'm a tight bastard lol 

Enjoying The Rookie, season 2 just started in the States. Worth a watch.

Edited by Facecloth
  • Haha 1