Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ozwin

Let's have a TV shows thread.

5 hours ago, Stadt said:

My favourite tv chef, would to go on the piss with him. Bet he's got some belting stories to tell 

He is living the ****ing dream. Cruising round France in a Porsche eating delicious food.

Edited by Unabomber

9 hours ago, kingcarr21 said:

Just started watching One Punch Man. Good so far. Just love how chilled out Saitama is lol 

2 minutes ago, ithuriel said:

I'm a big anime fan as well as fantasy and sci-fi but strangely enough I've still to watch it

It’s a great animee and defo a must watch. 

1 hour ago, Silebyfox_89 said:

i too enjoy some Anime was brought up on Dragonball Z, Pokemon, Digimon and strangely card captors. I enjoy films like Akira, Princess Mononoke and  grave of the fireflies. Any recommendations???

Series, hmm

Full Metal Alchemist, Brotherhood, not to be confused with Full metal alchemist :)

A 40 plus episode story that is well plotted with a few twists and a satisfying ending.

A ton of characters that are pretty well developed, a few very powerful bad guys with one big bad, a long history and a really long final battle between good and evil for the souls of everyone and it all starts with a journey by two boys to try and regain what they lost whilst using alchemy and its biggest taboo.

SPOILERY VIDEO BELOW  :)

Madoka Magica.

Starts off lulling you into thinking its really girly stuff being about magical girls but ends up being a well crafted, very dark story, some have labelled it Lovecraftian and I can see where they are coming from.

Like Evangelion, it is seen as a deconstruction of its genre.

Gurren Lagaan and Kill la kill are batshit crazy takes on the Mecha and magical girls genres, Gurren Lagaan probably being better but Kill la kill is funnier, both do complete flips a good way in, turning the stories in directions you never saw coming.

Baccano, Darker than Black, From the New World, Ergo Proxy, SteinsGate, are all good too, not going to list everything I like :)

Movies, well there are so many.

Sword of the stranger is simple but superbly well done.

Paterma inverted is a nice watch for a family anime movie.

A silent Voice an anti-bullying movie and Your Name is a body swap story with a great twist, I did read that JJ Abrams bought the movie rights to this.

Edited by ithuriel

1 hour ago, Silebyfox_89 said:

i too enjoy some Anime was brought up on Dragonball Z, Pokemon, Digimon and strangely card captors. I enjoy films like Akira, Princess Mononoke and  grave of the fireflies. Any recommendations???

Neon Genesis Evangelion.

Neon-Genesis-Evangelion.jpg

It will blow your mind.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Silebyfox_89 said:

Ive only just started watching Anime stuff after (similar to you) watching the same stuff as a kid.

Attack on Titan - really good, a bit political but some crazy moments. Captain Levi is an absolute beast. Waiting for new episodes

My Hero Academia - Enjoying this so far, loving the randomness of it with the different quirks characters have. Season 4 currently being shown now

Dragonball Z Super - Never watched it as a kid so thought ill just watch it. Couldn't put it down. Goku vs Jiren at the end is visually incredible

One Punch Man - This just makes me lol. Saitama is one of my fave characters. Massive monsters who can wipe out the human race and he just strolls around like 'meh, what should I have for dinner tonight' before knocking 6 bells of shit out of them with 1 punch. I thought the story would get boring but so far im loving it

Probably opt for one or two from these:

Good Omens

The Wire (probably not going to fit all four seasons into one month)

Fleabag

Mr. Robot (maybe)

The Boys (interesting concept - people keeping superheroes in check

The Twilight Zone - for retro reasons

Tales From The Crypt - loved the show when it was on regular TV

On 06/11/2019 at 01:16, Stadt said:

My favourite tv chef, would to go on the piss with him. Bet he's got some belting stories to tell 

His passion for food is really just great to watch. He always just seems like a really nice guy, too. Really relatable. 

But I once got chatting to someone who - so they said - spent some time working as a manager in his restaurant in Padstow.

Apparently this isn't necessarily the case IRL, and that he was sacked by Stein. Maybe my guy was just a douche... Yeah let's go with that.

On 05/11/2019 at 21:46, Unabomber said:

Rick Stein’s new show, very good 

i used to bloody love Rick Stein until i made the fatal error of going to one of his restaurants.  Now i cant watch him on TV without holding a grudge about an overpriced bowl of pasta and a crap bottle of white.

wouldnt mind spending a year in his shoes though!

On 06/11/2019 at 18:54, Silebyfox_89 said:

If you enjoyed the cyberpunk aspects of Akira, then I'd recommend Ghost in the Shell and Psycho-Pass. Ghost in the Shell has had many different versions and continuities over the years (ignore the Hollywood version). My favourite, and perhaps the most accessible to start with, is the Stand Alone Complex series, it basically takes the form of a police procedural show, but with an over-arcing plot tying everything together. Here's the intro from the second series, it's a banger:

Psycho-pass is from the same studio, and is kind of an anime take on a Minority-Report style society, and a police unit operating within it. Really gripping stuff at times, and a third series just kicked off on Amazon Prime.

And if you really liked the aesthetic of Akira, the neon lights, the motorbikes and all that, then you might enjoy Bubblegum Crisis. Its very old, but it has a great cyberpunk-ish aesthetic that borrows heavily from Blade Runner, and is soundtracked with a fantastic 80s tinged poppish j-rock soundtrack.

11 hours ago, MC Prussian said:

Good Omens

Fleabag

Mr. Robot (maybe)

The boys is like 8 episodes you can binge that in a couple of days and still have all month for the others ;)

I'm 5 eps in and really enjoying it. 

Jack Ryan is another I'd watch, 2 seasons with 8 in each and is very good. 

New Amsterdam as well is a bit longer but is bloody investing in terms of characters. 

On 06/11/2019 at 17:46, MC Prussian said:

Have a month of free Amazon Prime - what series should I binge?

The Expanse         If you like sci fi.             Mr Robot       if you like dystopian

On 07/11/2019 at 06:28, MC Prussian said:

Good Omens

Fleabag

Mr. Robot (maybe)

The wire is also on HBO, if you're going to sign up for that to watch any of their programs in the future.