Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ozwin

Let's have a TV shows thread.

11 hours ago, Finnegan said:

Got a shelf full of Korean films if you're interested in 00s horror and action films. Went through a real phase in my late teens. Tale of Two Sisters used to be one of my favourite ever films, probably still is my favourite horror film. 

The three real iconic Korean "must see" films of the last few decades are OldBoy, The Host and Parasite. 

I Saw The Devil and Memories Of A Murder are a couple of the best ones that i have seen and most recently on Netflix i enjoyed The Call and Alive and a series called Kingdom..

19 hours ago, Parafox said:

I will be able to associate with the premise as I, along with countless others, got caught off guard on the front line of patient care.

Can't believe Stephen Graham lives in Ibstock and enjoys a pint in his local. Great actor without doubt. He and Keely Hawes seem to be all over the best dramas at the moment.

Any idea which pub? I’ve got a script I want to send him lol

Not strictly about tv shows, rather about tv reception - until last week my terrestrial tv set up used an aerial in the loft pointing to the Sutton Coldfield transmitter, but the signal wasn't strong enough to receive some of the Freeview channels. So I got a new 48-element aerial from B&Q and replaced the old MaxView signal booster with a One For All signal booster from Wilko. Channels such as Talking Pictures TV then worked, and much to my surprise, so did East Midlands BBC1. But this was before I'd completely rermoved the old aerial, which was still in position next to the new one, but no longer connected up. When I took the old aerial out of the loft, Talking Pictures TV struggled and East Midlands BBC1 disappeared completely. So I put the old aerial back up next to the new one, but still not connected up to anything, and got the channels back without any problem.

Having checked a couple of websites on the topic of combining aerials pointing in the same direction, they both only referred to combining aerials via their coax cables and talked about problems of interference through the signal inputs not being perfectly in phase with each other. However, it seems that this issue goes away and signal strength appears to be improved simply by having an unconnected second aerial next to a connected-up aerial, both pointing in the same direction, but not touching.

What seems really odd is that both aerials are pointing to Sutton Coldfield, but East Midlands BBC1 comes from the Waltham transmitter, which is in a completely different direction.

On 23/09/2021 at 19:45, Samilktray said:

Squid Game is genuinely 1 of the best things to come out of Netflix. If anyone has any further recommendations for great Korean movies/tv shows I’d appreciate them 

Kingdom is amazing. Kind of like a Korean Game of Thrones, just better and with awesome hats.

• Like 1

On 24/09/2021 at 02:45, Samilktray said:

Squid Game is genuinely 1 of the best things to come out of Netflix. If anyone has any further recommendations for great Korean movies/tv shows I’d appreciate them 

Sky Castle. Available on Netflix (I think).

Shows Korean high society and the lengths they will go to to keep themselves and their kids there - and to get their kids following their own footsteps.

On 23/09/2021 at 18:45, Samilktray said:

Came on this thread specifically to talk about Squid Game. Usually I find dubbed films and tv shows hard to watch, but I'm a couple of episodes into squid game and it's been brilliant so far!

12 minutes ago, Phil Bowman said:

Not seen Vigil yet, was planning to binge on catch up. I’m guessing it isn’t quite Line of Duty then?

I enjoyed it. It’s preposterous nonsense but I found it fun.

I’d say the ending was a bit long though. If you’re going to binge-watch, I’d say watch the penultimate episode and half of the last episode in one go, then scrap the last half hour entirely.

7 hours ago, Phil Bowman said:

Not seen Vigil yet, was planning to binge on catch up. I’m guessing it isn’t quite Line of Duty then?

It's still worth the watch.

When you think of the anti climax of the last episode of LOD its probably not as bad as people make out.

It is abit long winded though.

Halfway through Midnight Mass at the moment. Like it a lot more than Bly Manor at the moment, although Bly went hugely off the rails in the final third so I'm still waiting to see if this nose dives. 

Enjoying it. You can really see Flanagan's Stephen King fandom in this and I think that's a good thing. It feels massively like a King novel in its aesthetic and atmosphere. One in particular. 

Salem's Lot.

• Like 1