Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ozwin

Let's have a TV shows thread.

20 hours ago, Rain King said:

Apologies the series is on National Geographic. Once again fascinating and shocking.

Lots of footage I personally haven't seen before.

Cheers. That explains why I spent 15 minutes last night searching for it on the Discovery channel to no avail :rolleyes:

13 minutes ago, adam said:

What has happened to question of sport. What a load of shite now 

No different to how it used to be, just two captains, a presenter and some sports people answering questions and having laugh. Granted there won't be the chemistry there was from the previous trio having done it together got nearly 15 years, but that'll come.

Just now, Facecloth said:

No different to how it used to be, just two captains, a presenter and some sports people answering questions and having laugh. Granted there won't be the chemistry there was from the previous trio having done it together got nearly 15 years, but that'll come.

Seemed a lot different to me. Random trampoling section and paddy interviewing guests half way through a question. Dull. 

19 minutes ago, adam said:

Seemed a lot different to me. Random trampoling section and paddy interviewing guests half way through a question. Dull. 

Shows will evolve and add extra features. The sports bit is just a new round, they've always added new rounds. And they'd often have a little chat with the guests. It's the same principle show, it's just new people.

1 hour ago, adam said:

What has happened to question of sport. What a load of shite now 

It was awful. Ok you can forgive the lack of chemistry cos it’s early days but the two good things about it are laughing at the nonsense and being able to get involved. Nothing funny and they took too much time having boring chats/the challenge that excluded the viewer. Add to that the super slow graphics in the first round and it was painful TV

Finally got around to watching Season 2 of The Boys over past few days, up to episode 6 I think. Don't really think the plot is much to write home about but its good fun, and a great concept. Also worth it just for the scenes with Starlight in :wub:

Edited by RowlattsFox
  • Like 1

On 04/09/2021 at 21:24, TK95 said:

To be honest it's the only real standout on Apple TV. Other than that, it's miles behind the other streaming services 

On 04/09/2021 at 22:14, Steve_Guppy_Left_Foot said:

I think mythic quest is brilliant. Servant is a bit frustrating but also can be really good. 

Mythic Quest is indeed brilliant. Also worth watching is See, which was right up my street personally, so might not be other’s cup of tea. 

Something a little bit different but worth trying IMO on Apple TV is Calls - a mindbending audio/visual series that’s difficult to describe. Sort of a mystery podcast with warped animations, anthology series of interconnected stories. Might surprise some people. You can do the whole series in an evening. 

Other than that there’s not much else to watch on Apple TV at the minute. Until Foundation....

• Like 1