Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ozwin

Let's have a TV shows thread.

1 hour ago, Tommy G said:

Anyone watched the Schumacher doc on Netflix? Any good?

My thoughts from the F1 thread:

Watched the Schumacher doc last night.

I enjoyed it, but it was mostly going over old ground with some new interviews from his family and friends. 

The biggest indicators of his current condition for me, was his wife saying they all "miss him" and just try to make him comfortable. And also Mick who said he would give anything to be able to talk motorsport again with his dad. 

To me that sounds like he can't communicate and is alive, but not really there. Kind of like Locked In syndrome where you're aware but completely paralysed, or just being pretty much a vegetative state.

Very sad to think of  him  like that. 

Edited by The Bear
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

Just watching 'Help'. I've said it before but Stephen Graham has to be the finest British actor of his generation. Some of his things are difficult to watch but I think that's testament to his ability

Saw a clip on Gogglebox last week. Going catch up via iPlayer. Looks good.

Watched "Mrs Wilson" last night on iPlayer. It was first aired in 2018 and is 3 episodes long. Never heard anything about before but it's really quite good. Based on a true story of a British spy in a Twisting plot with a good script/screenplay. I guess lots of you will have already seen it.

27 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

Just watching 'Help'. I've said it before but Stephen Graham has to be the finest British actor of his generation. Some of his things are difficult to watch but I think that's testament to his ability

I will be able to associate with the premise as I, along with countless others, got caught off guard on the front line of patient care.

Can't believe Stephen Graham lives in Ibstock and enjoys a pint in his local. Great actor without doubt. He and Keely Hawes seem to be all over the best dramas at the moment.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Parafox said:

I will be able to associate with the premise as I, along with countless others, got caught off guard on the front line of patient care.

Can't believe Stephen Graham lives in Ibstock and enjoys a pint in his local. Great actor without doubt. He and Keely Hawes seem to be all over the best dramas at the moment.

Yeah it's harrowing stuff to be honest. 

Also I'm almost certain he's teetotal but yeah I've heard he lives locally

59 minutes ago, Samilktray said:

Squid Game is genuinely 1 of the best things to come out of Netflix. If anyone has any further recommendations for great Korean movies/tv shows I’d appreciate them 

A friend of mine raves about a series called (I think) Empress Ki. I haven't seen it myself but I'm planning to in the near future. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Samilktray said:

Squid Game is genuinely 1 of the best things to come out of Netflix. If anyone has any further recommendations for great Korean movies/tv shows I’d appreciate them 

Got a shelf full of Korean films if you're interested in 00s horror and action films. Went through a real phase in my late teens. Tale of Two Sisters used to be one of my favourite ever films, probably still is my favourite horror film. 

The three real iconic Korean "must see" films of the last few decades are OldBoy, The Host and Parasite. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Finnegan said:

Got a shelf full of Korean films if you're interested in 00s horror and action films. Went through a real phase in my late teens. Tale of Two Sisters used to be one of my favourite ever films, probably still is my favourite horror film. 

The three real iconic Korean "must see" films of the last few decades are OldBoy, The Host and Parasite. 

I had plenty of R3/R0 Korean DVDs too in my collection. Really enjoyed The Host, but absolutely hated Tale Of Two Sisters with it's screechy violin soundtrack and stuttering movement all the time! My fave horrors from that genre are still Ringu and Audition.

I also remember liking an action film called So Close about two young sister assassins that heavily used Close To You by The Carpenters.

• Like 2