Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
RyanLCFC18

Paul Gallagher

Paul Gallagher  

215 members have voted

1. 1. Should Paul Gallagher stay or leave?

I know the end of the season alot of people slated a few of our players basically saying they're past it and no longer good enough for us and with Gallagher being one of them i just wanted to see how many fans actually wanted him to stay or leave. Personally i really rate him, he may not score each game but none of our players do... but he does always give his all and is skillful and a overall great player for this league and club. Id be dissapointed if Leicester did let him leave.

I like Gallagher to be fair, the amount of people who slate him despite the amount of goals and assists he chips in with is quite sad.

Also the myth that Gallagher never tries is stupid as well, he might look like he puts no effort in because of his crap tackling and heading ability, but he's always tracking back and trying to help the team.

I hope we play a 4-2-3-1 at home and something different away. Gallagher is versatile in the line of 3, if Marshall or either winger gets injured he is more than capable of filling in. As a player I'm not a big fan but as backup he offers a fair amount and scores the odd screamer, or puts in the occasional good cross. Definitely a good squad player and I'm one of his highest critics.

Stay.

I did get frustrated with him abit towards the end of the season, but you forget (Well I forgot) he was carrying a back injury and I suffer with my back aswell and it doesn't half effect you and can understand why he wasn't on top form - So really you should be looking at Pearson and asking him why he persisted on playing a player that was carrying an injury.

On a whole though he is a decent player and I don't buy into this thing I keep reading about him having 1 decent games in however many games.

good squad player but if a decent offer came in then I'd sell as he's replaceable, that said if we used him just behind a striker, his position, and not on the wing we would see a much better player

I've been a critic, but it's time to forget about last season and concentrate on what's to come, if he comes back hungry for success then I'm happy for him to be in the team

Obviously a very good technical footballer on his day but I see him more as a squad player. Basically, Ben Marshall is better.

This. Too light weight for me seems scared to go into a tackle or if it's a 50/50 he'll lose it.

Keep him, play him, watch him score, watch him do things nobody else in our squad could even attempt, slate him for doing nothing except scoring and assisting. Same as this season really.

Guest parky0607

Stay.

Been in our top 5 (if not top 3) goalscorers for the last few seasons and also provides his fair share of assists. He may not get stuck in and get himself booked and sent off, which clearly some fans prefer, but he does bring a lot of technical ability. Not sure why he got specifically picked out last season, as all of our players have weak points. If they were perfect they’d be playing in the prem.

I dont agree with some things he has said and done on and off the pitch, but I feel he has a big part in our set up. Whether Marshall is better or not, we need more than 1 winger / attacking midfielder.

Would like him to stay.

Really does make me laugh, so many people saying they would like to get rid of some squad players for someone with matchwinning ability who isn't necessarily the most committed defensively but can win us some games out of nothing.

Paul Gallagher is capable of that and you'll struggle to find a better 'flair, match winning' midfielder or playmaker for a million.

Someones already made the point. He's scored double figures for many seasons, is arguably with Marshall our best set piece taker, and gets plenty of assists. Can't understand some people.

I'm so glad to see that people don't want him to leave. He can offer a great deal from the bench and tbh if we play in a way that suits him he could even push for a first team spot. Still believe he is the most technically gifted player in the team. As long as he doesn't get played up front... The game against Hull proved he can't play there any more

Archived