Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Leicfox

Prem eyes on Foxes starlet

Must admit he impressed me yesterday. Only seen him at Torquay otherwise where he was solid. Occasionally drawn out of position but that was about it. Hope he signs a new deal and reaches his potential here. Hopefully this does wonders for his confidence and he keeps his feet on the ground!

Manchester United and Everton are both interested in signing Leicester's 19-year-old defender Liam Moore, who has made just five appearances for the club.

From BBC gossip column, made me laugh but the journist at the mirror is normally on the ball so wouldn't suprize me if there is a bit of truth in this

Desperate Fergie targets Ferdinand replacement

Everton are also eyeing the England youth international

By

• Staff

Published Monday, August 27, 2012

1535402916.jpg

Liam Moore of Leicester City is one of the hottest young England prospects. (GETTY)

Manchester United boss Sir Alex Ferguson is lining up a shock raid for Leicester City’s young centre-half Liam Moore, according to The Mirror.

The injury (and Twitter-prone) Rio Ferdinand has once again scuppered any hope of a strong start to the season for United.

In fact, Fergie seems ready to wipe out all the back four stalwarts - bringing in Alex Buttner for Patrice Evra.

With Nemanja Vidic back, Moore can only be the back-up plan for Rio Ferdinand.

Fergie sent his chief scout Jim Lawlor to watch the 19-year-old England youth cap in action at the weekend.

Moore has only played a handful of games for the Foxes but is already attracting huge interest.

Everton spy Alan Stubbs was also watching, along with the chief scouts of Sunderland and Tottenham.

With United short of centre-backs, Ferguson could make a move before the transfer window shuts on Friday.

Ferguson was left fuming after Everton's Maroune Fellaini exposed their defensive frailties with a bullet header which condemned United to their first opening day defeat in eight years.

Moore came through the ranks at Leicester, with a brief spell on loan at Bradford.

I don't get this, has he even looked that "special", decent maybe? Is he even a CB by choice?

It's difficult to just dismiss it as bullshit when there are so many reports, the ManU one with Fergie being desperate and looking for someone that could have prevented Fellaini's header, ha! He may have some potential but ready to slip straight into a desperate PL team I think not.

Archived