Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Leicfox

Prem eyes on Foxes starlet

Sky Sports understands several Premier League clubs are tracking Leicester City starlet Liam Moore.

So they've heard good things about him and sent a scout to look at him. Doesn't mean a move is imminent.

Happy for the kid in all honesty. If an unlikely move were to materialize, it could be a pathway to a great career, and in reality wouldn't be a damaging loss for Leicester once SL and Whitbread were fit (and a fourth back-up was to come in). Would love to have him stay at Leicester but it must be a huge confidence builder to get both some game time early on and the recognition of EPL clubs (if true!). Extend the contract in any case.

This certainly smells of his agent trying to get a new contract for him.

Will almost certainly get him another couple of years on his deal and a pay-rise. Good for all concerned.

If you'd have seen his performance at Charlton, then there's no way you would say he was ever Premiership bound.

This lad needs games to keep improving, just not sure he will get a look in when St Ledger is fit.

However, his form has certainly stopped Nigel Pearson looking for another CB.

Will almost certainly get him another couple of years on his deal and a pay-rise. Good for all concerned.

If you'd have seen his performance at Charlton, then there's no way you would say he was ever Premiership bound.

This lad needs games to keep improving, just not sure he will get a look in when St Ledger is fit.

Or the fact Ledgend has restarted full training, and Whitbread shouldn't be more than a month away

Think Moore could have a good future with us though :D

Agent work to secure him a new contract. Good job Sven isn't here or he would end up like Schlupp on 10-12k a week.

Though if there was serious money on the table, you would be mad not to accept it, the kid has only played ten games, you never know what could happen with him.

Where on earth do people get these wage figures from?

Schlupp is not on anything approaching 10k a week, take the 0 off and you're still not that close. The lad lives in a bedsit in Milton Keynes, a ****ing bedsit for christs sake.

Liam Moore is a Leicester City lad, a Leicester city fan, with a Leicester City family, they can be as interested as they like, he is going NO WHERE!

everything you just said was true of Joe Mattock

I honestly thought someone like Arsenal would go for him, so Spurs ain't too bad.

But he won't go it will be absolutely pointless to see him leave, he would make the biggest mistake ever if he decided to leave so soon.

Yeah, multi million pound contract that sets you up for life = BIG mistake.

Must admit that I also thought this story could be down to his agent trying to bump up his contract. But I disagree that he performed badly against Charlton. He looked pretty solid to me and on the few occasions that he made mistakes, he generally recovered quickly and made amends. There was certainly no shortage of effort on his part.

I don't think he's Prem quality just yet, but I definitely think he has the potential to play there in the future - especially with NP coaching him. I'd have thought Whitbread is more likely to dislodge Moore than St.Ledger is.

Think he should get an improved contract now as he is playing in the first team but i agree that it's lazy journalism & his agent pushing the club for that improved contract. Don't know why agents do it as if WE can see what they're doing that surely managers can(except Sven!!)

Had to laugh at the Nani situation at Man Ure as he now doesn't think he's as good as Ronaldo & has backtracked & said he'll take a pay cut, ha ha!!

Classic!!

Just catching up on this one. Not sure if there's anything in it - suspect not. But am I really the only one who thinks it would be a good deal for us if a PL club really wanted to give us some considerable money for the lad ? I have nothing against him from the few bits I've seen of him. But I don't think he'll be a first team player this season if others are fit. And if we get promotion (??????) he won't get near the first team in the PL. Surely, having money avaialble to invest on others who could potentially contribute in the 'here and now' would be a good thing ????

Just catching up on this one. Not sure if there's anything in it - suspect not. But am I really the only one who thinks it would be a good deal for us if a PL club really wanted to give us some considerable money for the lad ? I have nothing against him from the few bits I've seen of him. But I don't think he'll be a first team player this season if others are fit. And if we get promotion (??????) he won't get near the first team in the PL. Surely, having money avaialble to invest on others who could potentially contribute in the 'here and now' would be a good thing ????

Good point - it's always a bit of a gamble - do you take a substantial amount for a relative unknown player or hang on and hope they progress. We did well selling Piper to Sunderland, even Heskey for £11mil, however Everton wanted Andy King for £2.5 mil a couple of seasons ago and last season that looked like a deal missed. Gradel and to some extent Bamba were sold cheaply and I feel will coomand greater transfer fees in the future. I can't see us getting anymore than £1mil at present for Moore, whether that would be a good deal or not is up for debate.

Every player has his price. If we get enough money from a sale to replace him with someone else at least as good/with at least as much potential, then it's a good deal. Anything less and it isn't.

Guest BlueBrett

He's young and English so we could probably extort a couple mill out of some suckers for him. Sell sell sell.

Archived