Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Danny the Fox 95

Will you be booing Ian Holloway on Saturday?

Will you boo Holloway on Saturday?  

104 members have voted

1. 1. Will you be booing Ian Holloway on Saturday?

• Yes
    • No

Arrived, inherited a poisoned squad and had lying Mandaric as a boss - he was on a loser from the off.

I maintained at the time of relegation, and still do, that we should have retained him as he would have rebuilt the squad and got us playing great football. Pearson may have got us promoted but it was, for the most part, a pretty drab affair.

tumblr_luctc7o8NO1r306auo1_500.gif

Gosh it seems like I have hit a nerve. I thought this was the general consensus..football fans boo everything. Boo the ref, boo the lino, boo the away fans, boo the away players.

I don't hate Holloway and I don't blame him for our relegation. But what difference would it make if we boo him. Will just be like any other game.

It's the 5th time we've played against him since he took us down and I stand by he was given far too much of the blame for that relegation, not blameless but the joke of a squad and Mandaric played equal (if not bigger for the latter) parts.

No boo from me.

To be fair, I blame him for our relegation because he was the manager... He did get a decent budget when he first joined (good compared to teams around us, and good considering all we needed to do was to stay up) but he brought some poor players. Only Howard, Oakley and Hayles were any decent, the rest were very poor. Under his management the football was poor, and during his short time in charge I can think of only three decent games where we looked good; Bristol City away, Bristol City at home and West Brom away.

He does play decent football with Blackpool now, but they seem to have better technical players to do so, compared to when he was our manager. The weight of expecation at Leicester must have got him though, because he has achieved well at Plymouth and Blackpool, where the expectation and transfer budget, is probably smaller.

I'll proabably not boo him because it's not his first return, and it's a bit pointless.

Mandaric employed Mad Dog Allen let him sign 13 players then sacked him after 5 minutes.

But having said that Hollowords got plenty of time and resources and we should have been got relegated with the side we had.

However I know that Holloway would be the first to hold his hands up and admit fault during that time, he's the type of Manager that suits small clubs where he can be the talisman or the focal point.

To be fair to him he has done well at Blackpool since including getting them promoted to the Premier League.

What is there to bo?

Definitely him, but what about Peter Taylor (I don't know how likely it is he will ever be back) or Mark McGhee?

Joe Mattock?

Richard Stearman? (I wouldn't boo him, but I know a few people were pissed off when he left.)

Tater peeler I could understand, he did fuck us up quite badly, McGhee was a bit before my time to be honest.

Mattock - I'd feel more pity than need to boo, his greed and arrogance have screwed up his career a tad, the schadenfreude alone is enough.

Stearman - I don't get why anyone would boo him.

Ultimately though - none of those four acted like a complete cunt and attacked another player before bitching and suing for being punished for that.

Archived